Little idea for a tasty alcohol-free & diabetes-friendly beverage

M

Member496333

Little tip for a nice weekend drink for those who don't drink alcohol or coffee etcetera. A glass of cool sparkling water with a tiny dab of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) powder stirred-in makes for a zingy, citrusy, refreshing beverage. Especially with an ice cube or two. I don't recommend going overboard on either sparkling water or vitamin C. I don't routinely use either myself, but nevertheless it's a tasty beverage and seems pretty harmless.

That is all.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
V-8 vegetable juice with tabasco sauce and lea perrins Worcestershire sauce
virgin mojito with soda water

Reactions: hankjam

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little tip for a nice weekend drink for those who don't drink alcohol or coffee etcetera. A glass of cool sparkling water with a tiny dab of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) powder stirred-in makes for a zingy, citrusy, refreshing beverage. Especially with an ice cube or two. I don't recommend going overboard on either sparkling water or vitamin C. I don't routinely use either myself, but nevertheless it's a tasty beverage and seems pretty harmless.

That is all.

I might have it as a chaser Jim...after my coffee! (Sounds good!). :)

Buzzer81

That is all.

Hi Jim, thanks for that. Why wouldn’t you go overboard on sparkling water? Is there a health reason for that or purely because of the taste?!

Thanks,
Jon

M

Member496333

Hi Jim, thanks for that. Why wouldn’t you go overboard on sparkling water? Is there a health reason for that or purely because of the taste?!

Thanks,
Jon

Not long ago I found myself drinking a lot of it and noticed I was getting puffy ankles. I knew it wasn't my diet so reverted back to still water and my ankles were back to normal in 48h. Just my experience, but apparently it can be a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJC3

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not long ago I found myself drinking a lot if it and noticed I was getting puffy ankles. I knew it wasn't my diet so reverted back to still water and my ankles were back to normal in 48h. Just my experience, but apparently it can be a thing.
Wow! I never knew that. Thank you.

M

Member496333

Wow! I never knew that. Thank you.

Neither did I! :pompous:

Not saying anyone should take any notice but in my case it was definitely the cause. The puffiness was slowly getting more noticeable over a matter of several weeks but went away almost immediately after reverting back to still water. Now I'll just have one or two glasses of the hard stuff from time-to-time without issue :nurse:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

That is all.

Wow, you're getting all fancy!

I will give it a shot.... sounds good. ;)

Reactions: Member496333

Buzzer81

Not long ago I found myself drinking a lot of it and noticed I was getting puffy ankles. I knew it wasn't my diet so reverted back to still water and my ankles were back to normal in 48h. Just my experience, but apparently it can be a thing.

Ok, worth knowing. I’ve been drinking unusually high amounts of it for a while...... I knew there’d be something!!!! I’ll save it for those special
Occasions

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh no! I’ve recently bought a soda stream - I love having sparkling water at the touch of a button and I’m drinking loads of it too. I really struggle to drink enough still water so I thought this was my salvation. I shall keep a close eye on my ankles, thank you.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

That is all.

Ok, I purchased some sparkling water and some powdered VitC... I am happy to state that your beverage idea was nice. Enjoyable on a hot day. I would give it a 6.9 out of 10 and worth having every now and then.

*Individual results may vary.

Reactions: Member496333