What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a really good winter scene, you have caught the feel of cold, whiteout days brilliantly. A good piece of art.

Like you I am behind with my cards. I did have a design in mind but have lost it in the depths of memories so frustrating should have made a sketch.
Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist
:)
I need to start something today, even if I only get the table clear and paints and paper on it...

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who manage to keep some semblance of commonsense over the Christmas lockdown speculation generated by the evil and self-serving media. Please remember whatever Boris the Beast says in the next couple of days, with regard to Christmas could well change subject to the infection rates.

This morning a 5.8 on that meter, it is playing games with me and me's.

Sprouts
An informed source has told me that the reason for the shortage was down to Brexit, citing sprouts are " Brussels Sprouts " , devious, these EU negotiators are playing dirty.

I now must go and invent more chaos and mayhem, have a great day all, remember making somebody smile costs nothing even if they are writing you a speeding ticket or 3.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think (hope) it is only thing left to try to help shift things along as this is still a painful issue and becoming really inhibiting now. It hasn't mattered during lockdown but it cannot continue like this.
I had this issue and although I drink lots of water and have ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds and inulin every day it wasn't improving it. I was getting desperate so about 3 weeks ago I started taking one tsp of ground psyllium husks in a cup of water twice a day with meals and it worked like magic.

I let it stand in the water for 5 or 10 minutes so it starts to go a bit jelly like and then I drink it. I don't find it horrible at all which is good because I will need to take it long term as nothing else I have tried has worked.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Humble Bee welcome to this thread. You are right, it is a lovely friendly thread.

5.5 this morning. Will have a lovely relaxing day catching up with reading.

We take Archie's bandage off his paw later today then back to the vet tomorrow so she can decide if he has any further treatment

Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had this issue and although I drink lots of water and have ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds and inulin every day it wasn't improving it. I was getting desperate so about 3 weeks ago I started taking one tsp of ground psyllium husks in a cup of water twice a day with meals and it worked like magic.

I let it stand in the water for 5 or 10 minutes so it starts to go a bit jelly like and then I drink it. I don't find it horrible at all which is good because I will need to take it long term as nothing else I have tried has worked.
I remember when this all started when I made the switch to SR Metformin...while I was in a tournament in the US of all places.

I take a fybogel most days but I do have psyllium husk that I got for making keto bread rolls so thank you I will give that a try.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning. Not diagnosed yet, waiting on blood tests, but blood glucose rarely below 6, and goes up to 15 when I eat pasta. So fatigued all the time, which interferes with work.
Feeling pretty rubbish, and concerned, especially about how I pass out after dinner.
Glad I found this thread, cheered me up some this morning.
Hi and welcome @Humble Bee
:)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A straight 6.0 this morning and I'm off outside for a bit.

Welcome to the thread @Humble Bee enjoy your stay :)

I now take Milk of Magnesia if I get bunged up, don't stray too far from the bathroom though. Really :wideyed:

Enjoy the day!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember when this all started when I made the switch to SR Metformin...while I was in a tournament in the US of all places.

I take a fybogel most days but I do have psyllium husk that I got for making keto bread rolls so thank you I will give that a try.
Fingers crossed that it works for you. I take it in a glass or cup of water because a client of mine upped her fibre without upping water and it made things much much worse and I definitely didn't want to make things any worse than they were.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
7.1 this morning. Not diagnosed yet, waiting on blood tests, but blood glucose rarely below 6, and goes up to 15 when I eat pasta. So fatigued all the time, which interferes with work.
Feeling pretty rubbish, and concerned, especially about how I pass out after dinner.
Glad I found this thread, cheered me up some this morning.

Welcome.
I don't like the pass out bit, I hope you mean you just have a little post food nap, if not what do the medics say?

On this thread we have all sorts posting, but thankfully not Bassetts Allsorts, far too high in sugars :) .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday next before Advent already, didn't we have one last year? Libre claimed my fbg was 4.9 - I'm unsure what kind of Clownshoe shells out for a Libre but has zero trust in it. On the plus side less mess or trouble than the stabbo which also appeared to be a complete work of fiction according to A1c - lose, lose. Welcome @Humble Bee. @RFSMarch hope the water and psylliium husk work. As per testing, I am punctilious in calculating fibre every day and taking on board fluid - mainly tea - almost always 4 ls plus. There is also a shed load of water in my huge salad most days. In common with everything I observe about lc/keto, totally hit and miss. Oh, I forgot. If reality doesn't suit blame the meeja/invent an alternative reality - it's the new black.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.4 this morning

it's blowing rather briskly outside today so I've been sorting out some of my recently unearthed winter weight stuff. I started small with good intentions then it sort of escalated until I had to keep going if I ever wanted to be able to get into bed :hilarious:

Cold callers are the pits! They're annoying when they immediately hang up after you've galloped across the house to grab the phone, equally annoying if they don't hang up and waste your time.
Mind you, we did get three instant hang up calls last week, I was annoyed enough to check the number online to see who it was, turned out it was automated bot. reminder calls from the Health Board for the flu jab appointments :)

Mum doesn't like the amount of waste for all the unsolicited advertising bumph she keeps getting. so she deals with it by sealing up the freepost reply envelopes and posting them back so it costs them for the postage;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - I agree that doing intricate black and white is quite therapeutic, also that it's hard on the hands nowadays :sorry: I got a pack of 5 cheap kids pencils from Home Bargains, each one had a rubbery padded pencil grip on it so I have taken them off and can use them on my drawing pencils ;)
I like both versions of your art today, perhaps the more monocrome one has the edge, it's very atmospheric :)

@lindisfel - some lovely scenery today, I hope your scan visit goes smoothly :)

@dunelm - interesting spatter patterns, it's worked out very harmoniously :)

@ianpspurs - I could probably eat that cabbage casserole, as a side dish ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope your tidying up ends goes apace :)

art bit - thought I'd have a bash at the craggy rocks ;) this was based on a photo I saw on the net (from memory I think it was of somewhere in China)

View attachment 45576
Good idea your mum has re posting back the bumf think I might give it a go ;) I nearly wrote bum instead of bumf it's all this talk of constipation lol

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Had a walk down road again this am and chatted with a farmer walking his dog whose wife had Covid but he didnt get it because he was undergoing urgent surgery in hospital..
She just had the cough and no temperature and didn't lose taste but tested positive.

The river had dropped and the skies are blue today.

Zoom church was a bit frustrating due their technical issues.

He are a few pics from yesterday.
I thought one of my neighbours hedges was colourful.
IMG_20201121_113403013_compress39.jpg
IMG_20201121_113122420_compress61.jpg
IMG_20201121_113642267_HDR_compress25.jpg
IMG_20201121_113758463_HDR_compress94.jpg

Lichen makes nice patterns on walls in relatively unpolluted Cumbria.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a walk down road again this am and chatted with a farmer walking his dog whose wife had Covid but he didnt get it because he was undergoing urgent surgery in hospital..
She just had the cough and no temperature and didn't lose taste but tested positive.

The river had dropped and the skies are blue today.

Zoom church a bit frustrating due their technical issues.

He are a few pics from yesterday.
I thought one of my neighbours hedges was colourful.
View attachment 45607View attachment 45608 View attachment 45609 View attachment 45610

Lichen makes nice pattern on walls in relatively unpolluted Cumbria.
Beautiful photos and yes Covid doesn't affect people the same I had flu like aches no cough no tempor sore throat etc but did lose my sense of taste and smell .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful photos and yes Covid doesn't affect people the same I had flu like aches no cough no tempor sore throat etc but did lose my sense of taste and smell .
The wife of the dog belonging to @lindisfel's farmer friend actually caught COVID if one reads carefully:angelic: Great photos Derek. I just couldn't resist an open goal.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why this earworm and why today? Not sure the lyrics are too positive. Weird decade the '80s. I got married, we had 2 sons, moved back to Cambs, got baptised and confirmed but in general I recall them as bleak. TBW seems to have clouded my outlook just as badly as this venal clown has:bigtears: (I did like the Thompson Twins, Hall and Oates+ Capital Radio - David Rodigan and Barnhurst to Blackfriars anyone?)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040 I wonder if you could help me find some pictures of houses online please? I have been reading some novels (set in the present day) in which someone visits a stately home or other old country house that is described as being a blend of architectural styles added over the centuries.
I have tried to Google pics but haven't found anything. The idea of such a house fascinates me so I thought I would ask you if you know of any real ones.

I hope Archie's paw will be all right.