Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Infusion sets come with different length tubing Mei, or you could change where the pump is clipped on to you, so that you can have the cannula in your stomach.

I'm sure your mum will just be happy to get a card from you for her birthday. It's the thought that counts.

Hello, unfortunately the infusion set that I’m on have only one length atm. (The only complaint about it) otherwise I would try the extremely long tubing to do arms and back of my arms.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

You just reminded me Moon pig let me down with a card I ordered for my mum back in July?
I ordered the card so I could write in it myself.. No show... I found something half decent (& fitting.) elsewhere.

Oh dear, I would have did the same by picking out a card to sign. But I wanted to send flowers and I didn’t know any other way to send flowers without them dying.

Reactions: Jaylee

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MeiChanski - M&S flowers, using their online service are usually very good indeed when delivered (free). They also do plants and outdoor planters. I have used them quite often.

When I used to send flowers to my late mother, fortunately, I knew her local florist had a good reputation, so could call her and arrange it by phone. She would also email me photos of the flowers she had it, to allow me to pick the main blooms of any bouquet or arrangement.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski - M&S flowers, using their online service are usually very good indeed when delivered (free). They also do plants and outdoor planters. I have used them quite often.

When I used to send flowers to my late mother, fortunately, I knew her local florist had a good reputation, so could call her and arrange it by phone. She would also email me photos of the flowers she had it, to allow me to pick the main blooms of any bouquet or arrangement.

Thank you I forgot about M&S flowers delivery. I’ll keep that in mind for Christmas :)

Reactions: Antje77

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There was a first this morning. I have rarely woken up hypo before, and when I have it's been quickly resolved - but today? There were 3 attempts over 3/4 hour to get back over 4 after waking on a 3.4. Then. of course, once there, I shot up to 12 with no effort at all!! Basal rethought for tonight...

All of which played havoc with the plans for today until things had settled.

The weird world of education in the time of a pandemic continues... I'm really not sure anyone is learning anything much, other than those of us doing the rapid learning of the on-line teaching options. I am aware the parents I have dealings with are really grateful for what we are doing in college and on-line.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I forgot about M&S flowers delivery. I’ll keep that in mind for Christmas :)

They also have the possibility to add gifts with the flowers, which I must admit I haven't tried, but I'm sure they'd have that licked too. (Although, hopefully they wouldn't have licked the chocolates............ Ahem)

Reactions: MeiChanski

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes Every once in a while those hypos can be so stubborn. The same hypo treat and you have to eat more 15-30 minutes later and then like you said your numbers shoot up as you finally digest it all.

I guessed completely wrong at a bowl of mashed potatoes with a bunch of vegan cheese on it. The maddening part is I’m not sure where I went wrong. Both are things I commonly eat. Although usually I am having other veggies or a protein with it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well? Looks like I may have just aquired a new skill...

My wife missed out on the chance of getting her hair cut before the second shut down. Actually the first one too..
Lol, she's been running about the house with her hair in bunches like "Pippi Longstocking?"

Next thing I know, the scissors are placed in front of me & she asks have I "been drinking.."

"Right, what style to you want?" As I snipp the air with the scissors singing Figaro like an Itallian barber.

For the record I'm having an alcohol free night..

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well? Looks like I may have just aquired a new skill...

My wife missed out on the chance of getting her hair cut before the second shut down. Actually the first one too..
Lol, she's been running about the house with her hair in bunches like "Pippi Longstocking?"

Next thing I know, the scissors are placed in front of me & she asks have I "been drinking.."

"Right, what style to you want?" As I snipp the air with the scissors singing Figaro like an Itallian barber.

For the record I'm having an alcohol free night..

Oh I’m crying XD

My boyfriend and his sister both went bald, but the sister also bleached her hair too. I’m tempted to join them both.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They also have the possibility to add gifts with the flowers, which I must admit I haven't tried, but I'm sure they'd have that licked too. (Although, hopefully they wouldn't have licked the chocolates............ Ahem)

Ah thank you, I know with moon pig, you can do flowers and chocolates. No alcohol though, my mum would dive for a bottle of Baileys.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I’m crying XD

My boyfriend and his sister both went bald, but the sister also bleached her hair too. I’m tempted to join them both.

I went for it with some dog clippers a few weeks back & gave myself a 1980s "swampy" cut..

My wife? I felt it best not to go too "rad," & modelled it on the wedding cake decoration you see in my profile pic..
I'm officially now a "stylist." :D

Mei, have you considered a "Blair" cut....???

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went for it with some dog clippers a few weeks back & gave myself a 1980s "swampy" cut..

My wife? I felt it best not to go too "rad," & modelled it on the wedding cake decoration you see in my profile pic..
I'm officially now a "stylist." :D

Mei, have you considered a "Blair" cut....???

I was thinking more of a buzz cut, XD

Ah was your wife happy with it? Did she rate you 10/10 as a hair dresser/stylist?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking more of a buzz cut, XD

Ah was your wife happy with it? Did she rate you 10/10 as a hair dresser/stylist?

It worked for Sigourney...

My wife when she gets conference calling on Monday. Let's see what sort of vote it gets from her colleagues..?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski ,

"Lionel Blair" cut..? She does if Sigouney comes here... ;)

image.jpeg

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, I woke up a bit high 13.1. I didn’t eat anything last night so I went to bed hungry. So I don’t know what spiked it, it’s definitely not dawn or Mother Nature.

My bf and I started to fill up our new furniture, so today we are continuing that and hopefully tidy up the cardboard boxes because we can build a fort with it.

Reactions: Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A quiet sit down for a few minutes in between household chores. I did an eight miles walk before most of the rest of the world was up, returned home as those less likely to keep a distance were emerging, and seem to have decided on a deep-clean of my bedroom as the afternoon's physical activity. I had a major coughing fit as I woke up which is always the sign that the dust, in places I don't do as often as the visible and obvious surfaces, has built up again. Possibly faster than usual as a result of the demolition work at the back of the house...

Bloods behaving pretty well after yesterday's early morning hypos. I kept the basal where it was overnight last night, having not walked or done anything active once the shopping had happened yesterday, but I have dropped it slightly for today, and will knock off another unit tonight, as I will have been very active by the time I've put all the furniture back where it belongs!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, v busy couple of days with all kinds of stuff, including getting in a last grass cut before it's really winter and it's already longer than I'd've liked so it was hard work. Anyway, been a bit up and down with bgs as a result, had to stop and refuel this afternoon which I could've done without. On the bright side, I did get it all done. Two longish dog walks today as well so I'm knackered now.