Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
hi

does anyone know how to carb count by any chance ?
For starters, the amount of carbs is usually on the back of food packages. So if the package says X grams of carbs per 100 grams you can weigh what you eat and work out how many grams are in a portion.

Good to see you worked out how to post a thread!

Please ask away if you have more questions :)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I use my fitness pal app

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Google - “carbs in ...” - and arithmetic.
Care needs to be taken with anything which could be international because uk does not include fibre in the carb breakdown whereas the US do.
Technically, fibre is a carb but it is not digested.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find some electronic kitchen scales which allow you to put a pan or plate/bowl on them and return the display to zero are really useful - I divide bags of fruit and veges into quarters or fifths and to get an accurate weight really helps to get the right amount into the pan or into the bowl.
I used a couple of postcards cut to fit in a wallet to work out a list of low carb foods to buy - low tech but easy to do.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi

does anyone know how to carb count by any chance ?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

How long have you been diagnosed?
What medication are you prescribed?

There are many aids to help evaluate the carb content of foods. There are even nutritional values in modern cook books, these days too. Which can give a guide to the overall content in the recipe.

Reactions: Antje77

Halime

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

How long have you been diagnosed?
What medication are you prescribed?

There are many aids to help evaluate the carb content of foods. There are even nutritional values in modern cook books, these days too. Which can give a guide to the overall content in the recipe.

I have been diagnosed 2 years and 4 months.

i take novorapid insulin

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Carb counting is an essential way to help control your blood sugars however carb counting needs to go int tandem with insulin to carb ratios . I’m not sure if your aware of yours but they are needed or else carb counting not going to help your blood control efficiently.