What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Libre showed 4.6. IDK how far out that is and finger prick is never close to A1c so that will tell me nothing useful. Never worn a Libre till May so no idea how well they compare to A1c. Great news about fbg @PenguinMum

There can be quite a difference between libre and finger prick testing. In my own trial the difference could be anything up to about 2mmol/l difference. On speaking to Abbott about this difference they said this was down to the different systems and said that the libre should be done about 20 minutes.? after the finger prick test which does make sense

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.7 this morning. I was really happy with this as I have a new sensor I started yesterday. I have to turn my high alarms off overnight as it constantly wakes me up otherwise as it cycles all over the place before settling into the fortnight. Have a great day everyone.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 for me this morning at 5am (was 6-12 shift today - new job doing different shifts) so I know what I need to do to be in the 4s get up early! pity I am a night owl and not an early bird - so basically I am in the wrong body clock.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
7.9 this am ; up and down in the 7's and 8's with the odd 6 thrown into the mix . Though the readings do ( with the exception of poor sleep ) reflect my lack of carb control :bag:
I have this pattern too, I really believe sleep affects the numbers. I can eat a meal of pasta for my tea and have a fantastic sleep and wake to 6.2 , if i don't sleep well I am 7 or over .

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w