Does this sounds right for tea

Sugarlisa

Chicken stuffed with light garlic Phil cheese wrapped in a piece of bacon with Mediterranean veg ie courgette,red onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers minus new potatoes which the rest of the family will have ?

Hotpepper20000

Chicken stuffed with light garlic Phil cheese wrapped in a piece of bacon with Mediterranean veg ie courgette,red onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers minus new potatoes which the rest of the family will have ?
Sounds delicious. No need for light cream cheese though. I’d use the regular one.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full fat's always the preferred way to go if possible, but oh my.... I just had dinner, and now you're making my mouth water regardless!

I usually just make extra meat or fish (and before going carnivore, extra veg), and do the spuds or whatever carbs that go with the meal separately, for my husband. Made cooking easier, just do whatever I'd planned, and have the spuds in the airfryer or something, you know?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Can I invite myself to dinner?

Sugarlisa

Full fat's always the preferred way to go if possible, but oh my.... I just had dinner, and now you're making my mouth water regardless!

I usually just make extra meat or fish (and before going carnivore, extra veg), and do the spuds or whatever carbs that go with the meal separately, for my husband. Made cooking easier, just do whatever I'd planned, and have the spuds in the airfryer or something, you know?

That’s how I cooked the potatoes for the men of the house tonight

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds wonderful I’d just change the cheese to full fat lots of supermarkets do their own brands of full fat cheese very low in carbs and tasty too.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you are doing great
Carol

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes have a similar meal (but a bit of a cheat as it's ready prepared) with chicken & asparagus tips wrapped in prosciutto, so a big yes from me too.

I agree with the comments regarding using normal (full) fat cheese which is how nature intended all dairy to be. I see no sense in removing this essential nutritional part of a food, often to add extra carbs,etc to make it palatable again.:banghead: So do yourself and your family a favour and use normal (aka full fat) dairy produce and you'll all be better for it.