What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't understand this need for social interaction either. I have always been a loner. Having a conversation with my post office lady once a fortnight or so when I buy my stamps for my postcrossing postcards is enough interaction with society for me.

Apparently, we are also the 'most likely' to run amok with an AK47, spray can, or bamboo poles whilst our neighbours spout on about "how quiet we were, no trouble at all. Always had a smile blah blah" :wideyed:;)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently, we are also the 'most likely' to run amok with an AK47, spray can, or bamboo poles whilst our neighbours spout on about "how quiet we were, no trouble at all. Always had a smile blah blah" :wideyed:;)
Quite an indictment of those who should be helping/offering other routes. It is often the quiet ones they say. That nice Mr Djugashvili was so quiet and entered a seminary. Now he really did run amok.

lindisfel

Expert
You must have had a road to Damascus in your 20's?
Mine was a very different road but we got to the same place!
D.
Good morning all. So, my fbg was 4.2 but who knows the true level? Red meat, lamb shank in the IP, and alcohol , red wine and Armagnac, yesterday but resting pulse, weight and bg still in Happy Valley. I don't like it Sarge, it's too quiet. Yesterday was so very Elbow that I must give thanks for the Grace of God so freely bestowed on me. No intent to convert anyone or preach just the right thing to do. @dunelm we have watched the Rinder programmes. Harrowing at times and uplifting at others. Having been to Oradour-sur-Glane I'm not sure I could deal with visiting one of those places you managed. As for Tiers, vaccines, playing chicken with the EU - meh. The guy sitting firmly in Pseuds Corner has made a career out of yanking everyone's chain and there are enough buyers for that product just now. Toodle Pip

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That nice Mr Djugashvili was so quiet and entered a seminary. Now he really did run amok.
The Archbishop of Canterbury is off on a sabbatical for study and reflection. Not in the same league or for as long as as Mr Djugashvili as I believe the Archbishop earns around 83k a year two homes and all expenses paid. Should we be worried that he might start running amok? :)

lindisfel

Expert
Quite an indictment of those who should be helping/offering other routes. It is often the quiet ones they say. That nice Mr Djugashvili was so quiet and entered a seminary. Now he really did run amok.
Another teacher at school, a veteran of the great war, said the experienced soldiers said watch out for those who boast what they will do to Gerry, they are wind bags!

Later found out he had a military medal and had rounded up a German machine gun nest.
D.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
An early start here at TilehurstTowers and a drive across the metropolis of Reading, surprisingly little traffic about.

Well a 6.0 on that wayward meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters and painters and gamers, what has your day planned for you, it seems our @gennepher is determined to try prison porridge, me and me's hope you are successful in your endeavours and not get caught gennepher.

The sun is shinning at the moment let's hope it shines on all our schemes today. Be good, well stuff that and go for as much fun as possible.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You must have had a road to Damascus in your 20's?
Mine was a very different road but we got to the same place!
D.
Always there . Grew up in a village divided into C of E and very Baptist, Baptists. The Baptist side was my Grandmother's and by teenage years I had had enough of Hell Fire and damnation with no Glorious Age to come. The gestation of our first son, when I was 30, was THE sign - major spiritual journey and conversion. Huge amount of reading and change over those 9 months. I was teaching in a school with a very helpful colleague. People will say luck but life isn't like that. Tried a few churches, Baptist, Methodist, Brethren, finally C of E. Within 18 months baptised, confirmed, member of PCC and Sunday school teacher. Mind that toe young 'un

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another teacher at school, a veteran of the great war, said the experienced soldiers said watch out for those who boast, what the will do to Gerry, they are wind bags!

Later found out he military medal and had rounded up German machine gun nest.
D.
Now you've done it. Very much how I see Gump and folks like Francois, Baker and that rediculous poseur JRM - Pseuds to a man. Swivelled eyed loons like Raab are really,really scary. Just for balance Landsman and McCluskey are equally absurd. So was Corbyn.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Talking about spiritual paths and journeys my son's was particularly circuitous from christian to atheist then Buddhist and Islam he visited all those stops on the way to ending up back where he started which is where he intends to stay as he truly believes that is where God wishes him to be.

His journey was for me very educational because I traveled with him on that path as a companion and to lend support letting him find his own way home.

Though there were times when real tears of sorrow were shed in private other times of real pride in his search for enlightenment.

It is as it should be he is a far better man than I.

Sorry for wittering on

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking about spiritual paths and journeys my son's was particularly circuitous from christian to atheist then Buddhist and Islam he visited all those stops on the way to ending up back where he started which is where he intends to stay as he truly believes that is where God wishes him to be.

His journey was for me very educational because I traveled with him on that path as a companion and to lend support letting him find his own way home.

Though there were times when real tears of sorrow were shed in private other times of real pride in his search for enlightenment.

It is as it should be he is a far better man than I.

Sorry for wittering on
Not wittering. Huge credit to you for accompanying him, helping him and allowing him to find his own way. I can't judge if he is a far better man than you - that strains my credulity a tad but if true that is very much down to Judith and yourself.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I remember Enoch Powell, an odd guy, say at Uni, AE Housman had changed his life because he was such a powerful teacher.
I have found that in life some teachers don't know how they convict those who hear them speak. I heard John Stott give his last talk at Keswick it was worth listening to.
Some who change our thinking are just ordinary people with a word at the right time.
I wouldn't subscribe to a particular brand although we go to a Methodist church and I meet with old men on Zoom who were once Open Brethren who probably find me a challenge! :)
My journey has been very long and complex and went through very dark times when I was young..It would require a book.
Nothing seems to get me down nowadays.:)

Reactions: UserABC2021

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay, this will have to be my painting for today.

Horrible neighbour was out this morning, so I took the chance of moving stuff outside my kitchen door and that passage, so I could do a sort of wall barrier between him, his bedroom window, and the intrusive flashing lights.

I have been half coming up with an idea to make that section outside the bathroom window as a sort of Xmas grotto. It faces his bedroom window. And it depends what I can find in the garage, and in the pound shop later this week.

I cut some more bamboo, it does need a haircut anyway, and fixed it on to the two Buddliea growing in dustbins that I moved to in front of the bathroom window.

But unfortunately his car came back before I had finished. I needed one more piece of bushy bamboo.

If it is not enough against those flashing lights tonight, then Jacqueline Nicholson will be taking something off the rafters of her garage......

There is no problem with him seeing me doing stuff on my own property, but I want the final result to be a sudden surprise...

Now I had the idea this morning of making a Santa Claus. And different heads. And for it to move...daily to a different position on my wall. I need to work out logistics, and how big or little should it be?

I still have the original project I mentioned yesterday on Monday, but as a temporary measure, the bamboo leaning against my window shielded the flashing lights last night....

So, my painting for today....
In ZenBrush3 of course...

BFD253E9-5B88-4F5A-BFB1-48EAF1BBD98A.png

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@lindisfel

I remember going to see Billy Graham perform at the Methodist central hall in Plymouth was very impressed but it is the only time I can recall when somebody told myself and Judith that we were not Christians because we were RC I have attended services in Methodist, Pentecostal and baptist churches my best mate was licenced reader in the Church of England so attended in his church often but that was the only time that ever was said to me I of course just said God bless you brother and smiled.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going one better...details will be revealed later, photographs may be available in a few days or so. This is going to take some considerable planning @Krystyna23040

I am enjoying this new venture....
I am intrigued and really look forward to to you disclosing what you are planning.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@gennepher

Love it brilliantly scary Santa.

I have zen brush on my android tablet but it is only version one and no matter how I try nothing seems to come out right everything looks like it's been done by a three year old. I can see me having to get an IPad some time.

Must add It probably wont make my drawings any better though that's down to me I suppose.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a silly trick whilst cutting my toenails about 10 days ago. I cut into my big toe, not a lot, but enough!
I got a new pair of brutal curved sprung cutters, they don't have much feel.
(Its bit like driving a R.R. with the first power steering they had!)
It doesn't heal up so well on an anticoagulant and I got a slight infection and I have been bathing it with dettol for days now.
Anyway, to cut a lot story short I asked the diabetic nurse to get a topical antibiotic cream prescribed and I shall go in and get it this am.
She wanted me to go in but I didn't want to take up their valuable time.
Certainly if it doesn't work I'll try some Manuka honey, but it must get on ones socks! I guess animals don't have that problem.D.
Ouch - that does sound painful. Manuka honey is sticky and it would get on ones socks.. I could lend you my labradors and they would be really happy to clean your socks for you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. So, my fbg was 4.2 but who knows the true level? Red meat, lamb shank in the IP, and alcohol , red wine and Armagnac, yesterday but resting pulse, weight and bg still in Happy Valley. I don't like it Sarge, it's too quiet. Yesterday was so very Elbow that I must give thanks for the Grace of God so freely bestowed on me. No intent to convert anyone or preach just the right thing to do. @dunelm we have watched the Rinder programmes. Harrowing at times and uplifting at others. Having been to Oradour-sur-Glane I'm not sure I could deal with visiting one of those places you managed. As for Tiers, vaccines, playing chicken with the EU - meh. The guy sitting firmly in Pseuds Corner has made a career out of yanking everyone's chain and there are enough buyers for that product just now. Toodle Pip
I know what you mean about Oradour-sur-Glane, having visited that sad town just a few years ago when on a motorcycle tour in that part of France.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave up on idea of cleaning cars, probably now in trouble but I will brave it out. Went for a walk and found the Alder Trees that were giving me so much artistic trouble. Two A4 Plein Air sketches, first pencil second wax Brass Rubbing Block. About 15 minutes for first and less than 5 for second...
IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay, this will have to be my painting for today.

Horrible neighbour was out this morning, so I took the chance of moving stuff outside my kitchen door and that passage, so I could do a sort of wall barrier between him, his bedroom window, and the intrusive flashing lights.

I have been half coming up with an idea to make that section outside the bathroom window as a sort of Xmas grotto. It faces his bedroom window. And it depends what I can find in the garage, and in the pound shop later this week.

I cut some more bamboo, it does need a haircut anyway, and fixed it on to the two Buddliea growing in dustbins that I moved to in front of the bathroom window.

But unfortunately his car came back before I had finished. I needed one more piece of bushy bamboo.

If it is not enough against those flashing lights tonight, then Jacqueline Nicholson will be taking something off the rafters of her garage......

There is no problem with him seeing me doing stuff on my own property, but I want the final result to be a sudden surprise...

Now I had the idea this morning of making a Santa Claus. And different heads. And for it to move...daily to a different position on my wall. I need to work out logistics, and how big or little should it be?

I still have the original project I mentioned yesterday on Monday, but as a temporary measure, the bamboo leaning against my window shielded the flashing lights last night....

So, my painting for today....
In ZenBrush3 of course...

View attachment 45672
Well that is some scary Santa you have there. fluorescent paints and a bit of animation like that kid in Home Alone - consult with Popeye about scare factors.