What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 to begin the day and as it seems to be a warm start at 10C I think I shall spend some time outdoors.

It is comforting to know that bin men nationwide are cast from the same mold. I had considered glueing my old phone to the most errant of bins so I could call it to save some time. Perhaps those keyrings that beeped when you whistled might also work :)

Enjoy the day ;)
Ours literally get thrown around and where they land could be half way down the street so yes a whistling key ring type bin would be great lol

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel

I remember going to see Billy Graham perform at the Methodist central hall in Plymouth was very impressed but it is the only time I can recall when somebody told myself and Judith that we were not Christians because we were RC I have attended services in Methodist, Pentecostal and baptist churches my best mate was licenced reader in the Church of England so attended in his church often but that was the only time that ever was said to me I of course just said God bless you brother and smiled.
I met a very decent catholic Christian lady who was a radiation physicist in medical physics.
Several of us used to meet from time to time in the hospital chapel. John Campbell used to attend sometimes.
Teresa was really forthright and we still send Christmas cards.
She lit candles and prayed for me when I had cancer.
Well I was shocked when they thought Marjorie had metastatic breast cancer and they sent her to our dept for a bone scan.
Teresa came and sat with me while I waited.

I said to her, this is not supposed to happen, I expect to die first.
She put me right and told me I was being very selfish.
Anyway it was all a false alarm and a few years after I left medical physics I had st3 bilateral P.C. at age 64.
God let me live on to see my only grandson two years later and now he is 14. What a joy that young life was.
D.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm beautiful pictures
@JohnEGreen What an atmospheric view
@lindisfel ouch! I split the top of my thumb (long story involving the spikes underneath some hi-fi furniture and dropping it on said thumb and after three weeks of salt-water dunking and brushing, and surgical spirit it has finally healed over!

I found my bin over the road... and my bottles and paper recycling bins thrown right at the wheels of my mini. Luckily they didn't hit the car although I have just noticed a little scrape (surface) where I had dropped the plastic scraper one morning and fumbled to catch it - the plastic must have made contact with the door, so I need to hope that I can find something to get that off - most of it came off with my thumb but not all but it doesn't look like a deep scratch.

Spent the day prepping to do this DIY commentary test. This involved a lot of earthy Anglo-Saxon as I tried to figure out how to cut the extraneous bits of the set I recorded off some Prime Video highlights and then pulled the audio out and then tried to figure how I could record into a decent editing suite - including my new Olympic Sport to excel at... called... WHERE THE HECK DID YOU SAVE THAT FILE?????

Messaged cave-dweller-lodger to ask (read beg) him to be at work tomorrow so that I can get the day to record this and then edit it all up for a pro tennis playing mate who now does a little commentary to have a look see... intend to send it on Friday. Been chasing this for 18 months and with a lot of uncertainty over whether I will ever go back to freelancing shifts at Sky Sports, really need this to be good for a chance to be a freelance commentator. They have so few women commentating on women's tennis, you would think they would have been chomping at the bit to listen to the official demo they asked me to come in for... coming from the IT world into media for my second career - lord it can do my head in how disorganised they can be!

Today I am indulging in a toad in the hole. I keep searching for the ultimate low-carb/keto yorkie-pud recipe but in the end settled for a super low portion size instead to keep the carbs down. But having wandered out to retrieved my discarded receptacles of refuse... it is heckofa cold outside so I think I am justified in some comfort food ahead of the trauma of recording about an hour of dialogue!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher

Love it brilliantly scary Santa.

I have zen brush on my android tablet but it is only version one and no matter how I try nothing seems to come out right everything looks like it's been done by a three year old. I can see me having to get an IPad some time.

Must add It probably wont make my drawings any better though that's down to me I suppose.

Thank you :)

I am making a guess you would probably like to see some colour on your painting app. ZenBrush only has black @JohnEGreen

There is an app I use on my old Android tablet called Infinite Painter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brakefield.painter

It is free, and it will give you one week free trial. Having the free trial means you can save your paintings to google photos, and then you can post them on here. I think it might be £4.99. But I haven't paid that. I have had this app for months, used it a few times, but once the trial is over, you cannot save your painting to photos which means you are unable to post it on here.

I got round that just now by taking a screen shot of my painting. But that meant I needed to crop the painting tools off the picture. So I did and here is my 15 minute play in this infinite painter app...just me messing. It does reduce the file size a lot by taking the screenshot, this one is 248 kb. There is a lot of stuff in this app, you just need to look for it! And experiment. And play. If you have the free trial you will be able to save your paintings for a week.
So this is just me messing in Infinite Painter...and I used my finger, not digital pen.
Maybe worth a try for a week?
5E4A6D5D-05D2-4179-903A-50116DD60642.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may or may not be useful https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk then scroll down and enter your postcode This is my area. Could we be in Tier 1 and my gym/man cave be completed to save me from the hell of Julie and MIL's idea of Christmas - watching musicals and eating rum butter.? Both of which stretch my ability to control my gag reflex to the max. Guess I could self-isolate.

upload_2020-11-24_16-54-0.png

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gave up on idea of cleaning cars, probably now in trouble but I will brave it out. Went for a walk and found the Alder Trees that were giving me so much artistic trouble. Two A4 Plein Air sketches, first pencil second wax Brass Rubbing Block. About 15 minutes for first and less than 5 for second...
View attachment 45674
View attachment 45673
Brilliant Alder trees @Muddy Cyclist
I like both, but I like the second sketch the best.

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This may or may not be useful https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk then scroll down and enter your postcode This is my area. Could we be in Tier 1 and my gym/man cave save me from the hell of Julie and MIL's idea of Christmas - watching musicals and eating rum butter. Both of which stretch my abilty to control my gag reflex to the max

View attachment 45676

Interesting, thank you. This is my area
jj.jpg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been asked if I wanted the covid vaccine in work .

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

rain, rain and more rain today ;) but at least it's above 5 'C today :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - interesting link thank you, lets me keep an eye on rates where my family lives :)
it looks like a lot of cases here until you realise what a big area it is which makes the per 100K figure quite low :)

upload_2020-11-24_17-56-41.jpeg

@dunelm - an accomplished tree sketch, I think I prefer the second, the subtle blue has added to the effect I think :)

@Krystyna23040 - hope Archie's 'gunk' is nothing too nasty :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - recording artist too ;) two fine sketches of the alders both with their individual merits :) it amazes me how much you can get down on paper in such a short time.

@JohnEGreen - nice sunset photo, restrictions or no :)

@gennepher = inventive :D bit like a gruesome version of those dress up dolls I used to have as a child ;) even Popeye looks quizzical. thank you for the info. on infinite painter :)

art bit - seems to be a day for trees ;) quick pencil sketch @A6 size

upload_2020-11-24_18-7-27.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you :)

I am making a guess you would probably like to see some colour on your painting app. ZenBrush only has black @JohnEGreen

There is an app I use on my old Android tablet called Infinite Painter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brakefield.painter

It is free, and it will give you one week free trial. Having the free trial means you can save your paintings to google photos, and then you can post them on here. I think it might be £4.99. But I haven't paid that. I have had this app for months, used it a few times, but once the trial is over, you cannot save your painting to photos which means you are unable to post it on here.

I got round that just now by taking a screen shot of my painting. But that meant I needed to crop the painting tools off the picture. So I did and here is my 15 minute play in this infinite painter app...just me messing. It does reduce the file size a lot by taking the screenshot, this one is 248 kb. There is a lot of stuff in this app, you just need to look for it! And experiment. And play. If you have the free trial you will be able to save your paintings for a week.
So this is just me messing in Infinite Painter...and I used my finger, not digital pen.
Maybe worth a try for a week?
View attachment 45675
Salvador Dali clocks meets the outer limits.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave up on idea of cleaning cars, probably now in trouble but I will brave it out. Went for a walk and found the Alder Trees that were giving me so much artistic trouble. Two A4 Plein Air sketches, first pencil second wax Brass Rubbing Block. About 15 minutes for first and less than 5 for second...
View attachment 45674
View attachment 45673
I like both of these - wax brass rubbing block is very Zen - nicely done

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

rain, rain and more rain today ;) but at least it's above 5 'C today :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - interesting link thank you, lets me keep an eye on rates where my family lives :)
it looks like a lot of cases here until you realise what a big area it is which makes the per 100K figure quite low :)

View attachment 45678

@dunelm - an accomplished tree sketch, I think I prefer the second, the subtle blue has added to the effect I think :)

@Krystyna23040 - hope Archie's 'gunk' is nothing too nasty :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - recording artist too ;) two fine sketches of the alders both with their individual merits :) it amazes me how much you can get down on paper in such a short time.

@JohnEGreen - nice sunset photo, restrictions or no :)

@gennepher = inventive :D bit like a gruesome version of those dress up dolls I used to have as a child ;) even Popeye looks quizzical. thank you for the info. on infinite painter :)

art bit - seems to be a day for trees ;) quick pencil sketch @A6 size

View attachment 45679
Thanks @geefull - still undecided about which one I like the most but the blue is now on the paper so no turning back - smashing tree sketches - it’s a great time of year to look at the structure of trees without their covering of leaves.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, just. A load of scribble really. As for recording artist, there are three verses 4 choruses, a symphony between each verse, every time I make a mistake, which seemed often, I had to start again, frustrating. In all fairness instructions say if you make a mistake don't stop, just record that verse, chorus, symphony again at the end and they will sort it out, but that's easier said than done. FRUSTRATING, but enjoyable.

Great tree sketch, well seen and captured.