What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After my first potatoes in 8 months last night, I might be over thinking things today.
Went to bed with a bad headache. Woke an hour earlier than usual, tested 4.9. Only the 5th time I've ever seen a 4, so very pleased. Read in bed for an hour, tested again, back to usual 5.7 ho hum. Was very hungry
B: ff greek,seeds, strawberries (2) and 2 Brazil nuts
Lunch (at 11) 3 egg omelette with a bit of cheese and salami
D: stir fry of chicken breast, cabbage, carrot and pepper. 1 spoon of the boy's black bean sauce.
Saving carbs for a tasty something with the GBBO final tonight

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with lc slice of toast
Lunch - out and busy so had Aldi choc and nut bar with coffee
Dinner - first try of a pre prepared meal, a Waitrose slow cooked pork ribs with Memphis style rub (3.0g per portion of 6 ribs ) they were delicious I thought and just had to be put in oven for 25 mins, served with range of salads and reviving glass of dry white wine mixed with soda water pudding of DGF chocolate brownie warm with cream.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@nutribolt thanks for the links! I'll have to try them soon. Might use up some of my remaining almond butter instead of peanut butter.
@maglil55 I think your house, decorated, must be epic! My special Christmas cleaning is the crystal chandelier, which hadn't even been unpacked from its since-2007 box, much less hung and wired up! So so glad your brother came home.
@shelley262 nice to see those seeded crackers back around!
--several days later, abysmally behind--
Tue bfast as usual avocado, pecans, (scrambled) eggs, 1 Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soy,
"Lunch" another Lindt, 2 more eggs, a little skyr yogurt
Supper perhaps I'll remember that I am planning to cook a salmon burger since Saturday or so! Out of spinach oh dear, flax crisps/soy
Will catch up after I haul the old washer to the curb, make the stop-gap used washer installed, and a load going!!!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I remember you buying those retro Montezuma’s bars and getting the accidental double order - it was AGES ago though! I just don’t know how you manage to be so controlled. Well done! Glad your Waitrose meal was good, I’ve had their Lamb kleftico recommended by @Goonergal its v low carb too and quite delicious.
@maglil55 thanks for the tier explanation - it sounds as convoluted as rules are here.
Today I had black coffee all morning, which included a half hour out door exercise stint with a personal trainer. Glad I didn’t eat before that. Had a record peak of 8.3 afterwards so I recon I must have worked v hard.
Lunch was yesterday’s leftover cold pizza. Quick easy and filling
Dinner was salmon with a Parmesan and almond crust. In this recipe, instead of dipping the fillets in egg and then in the ‘crumb’, the crumb was mixed with an egg white first and then pressed into the fillets - like a kind of crumble topping. It was really nice and crispy. Served with braised tender stem broccoli and celery.
Saving a DGF ginger cake to watch GBBO with later ( me too @MrsA2 )

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fairly standard for me today as it was all getting a bit silly. Waitrose Armagnac was surprisingly functional. Obviously not the premium stuff. If I’d never had anything different I would have been pleased with it. Summary of me and LC really. B= TWAM (sweetener + inulin) 1.5Ls; Dockey: CWC +caramel syrup - Fatt Bar butter cookie and hunt the cheesies around the dinky bag - Gouda - brought bg down by .4: Lunch: 2 Poached eggs on Holy Moly b/fast avo spread on 2 x skinnybread toast. EM: Mackerel and avo salad - first for a week.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you just slice and use or cook it before layering? Happy Birthday. x
I slice and salt it. Leave it on kitchen paper. The salt draws the liquid out. Leave it about 30 mins, give it a rinse then pat dry with kitchen towel. It makes the aubergine nice and soft without cooking.

Reactions: ziggy_w

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've missed a day! Not sure what on earth I was doing yesterday, researching something or other, but time got away from me.

lunch: protein meal shake with almond milk + psyllium, 2 x keto-friendly coffee
dinner:green leaf salad with cottage cheese and lemon myrtle pepper seasoning, 6 olives and 2 hard-boiled eggs, 2 pieces SF dark choc + stevia hot choc
Net carbs for the day 20g

Was pleased to find the olives were not as high carb as I feared (since I'd already popped 3 into my mouth while make salad :).) New habit I've found myself having to acquire is not to nibble while doing meal prep!

Sister and her family will be released from the confines of Melbourne, Victoria first week of December (provided all Victorians continue to behave themselves) so currently planning a low-carb "Thanksgiving" family dinner, probably roast pork with LC sides and even found a LC pecan pie recipe to try out, or a LC baked New York cheesecake recipe I've made previously in HC version. Decisions, decisions! Will post links once I've used family as guinea pigs to see if they're any good (the recipes, not the family - I can already vouch for them).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 8.6 FBG 8.4 Thanks for all the belated birthday wishes but it's not belated yet My birthday is tomorrow. What has caused the confusion, Hubby is usually totally lacking in any ideas for a gift but this year he had a brainwave and bought it. Thing is when he has a brainwave he doesn't keep it to himself so I actually got my present 2 days early! My birthday is tomorrow. To be fair, he did come up with a good gift and he's even more pleased with himself when my physio said today that it was a really good present so long as I don't goes nuts and overuse it on my leg muscles. I've had a go with it already but physio suggests starting at 3 times a week. It may look like an instrument of torture but it really works on my knotted leg muscles. It's a Percussion deep tissue massager.

B. TAG and my last 2 slices of SLC toast with pate on one cheese on the other. No worries though, my new supply arrived today.
L. Nothing.
D. I forgot to take something out of the freezer so we ended up getting that mixed meat kebab delivered again. I ended up with bits of lamb, piri piri chicken, kofta with salad and the super hot chilli. Hubby got the pittas and all the kebab meat. As before there's enough for him tomorrow. 2 squares of Godiva.
tapatalk_1606250766142.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 8.6 FBG 8.4 Thanks for all the belated birthday wishes but it's not belated yet My birthday is tomorrow. What has caused the confusion, Hubby is usually totally lacking in any ideas for a gift but this year he had a brainwave and bought it. Thing is when he has a brainwave he doesn't keep it to himself so I actually got my present 2 days early! My birthday is tomorrow. To be fair, he did come up with a good gift and he's even more pleased with himself when my physio said today that it was a really good present so long as I don't goes nuts and overuse it on my leg muscles. I've had a go with it already but physio suggests starting at 3 times a week. It may look like an instrument of torture but it really works on my knotted leg muscles. It's a Percussion deep tissue massager.

B. TAG and my last 2 slices of SLC toast with pate on one cheese on the other. No worries though, my new supply arrived today.
L. Nothing.
D. I forgot to take something out of the freezer so we ended up getting that mixed meat kebab delivered again. I ended up with bits of lamb, piri piri chicken, kofta with salad and the super hot chilli. Hubby got the pittas and all the kebab meat. As before there's enough for him tomorrow. 2 squares of Godiva. View attachment 45686
Happy birthday for tomorrow @maglil55

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

L. Nothing.
D. I forgot to take something out of the freezer so we ended up getting that mixed meat kebab delivered again. I ended up with bits of lamb, piri piri chicken, kofta with salad and the super hot chilli. Hubby got the pittas and all the kebab meat. As before there's enough for him tomorrow. 2 squares of Godiva. View attachment 45686

In that case, I'm not too late. Have a very happy birthday and hope for better times to come.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 that egg bombardment must have been.... interesting! Nobody tell @Annb 's Em about that little stunt!
@Annb somewhere I've missed that you've gotten "dental attention". I will find it, and meanwhile heal swiftly!
@Antje77 "molten" is if it's still melted.
Well @maglil55 Happy Birthday whenever you feel like it!
I did remember to have the salmon burger, and it was just as good as my brain wanted it to be. Absence makes the stomach grow fonder.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@nutribolt thanks for the links! I'll have to try them soon. Might use up some of my remaining almond butter instead of peanut butter.

You are most welcome. :)

I just had for my breakfast this delish dish called Keto Uttapam - its like a salty pancake with no eggs... tasted very good with homemade chilli sauce. The blog seems to have some good vegetarian recipes if anyone is so inclined like me. Although you need to be careful with the ingredients as some of them are not exactly "keto approved" contrary to what the blog claims. :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Berries with cream for breakfast.
Tea and water to drink.
Lunch was a mushroom omelette with more tea and water.
I will have another meal today - it will have to be something out of the freezer so probably some lamb, if it is soft enough for my gums.
Trying to fit everything in - antibiotics have to be taken on an empty stomach - four times a day and my Levothyroxine also has to be on an empty stomach. The rest need to be with food, or soon after. Bit of a juggling act. I am assuming I can have water in an empty stomach, otherwise I'll never get enough fluid in.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I also use thinly sliced courgettes as a replacement fo4 pasta in lasagna.
Tried the thinly sliced courgette idea, but found it unsatisfactory, the thinner parts disappeared, or went soggy and the slightly thicker slices were not cooked enough. I think it might be neccessary to peel the courgettes first, for anyone contemplating this experiment.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Berries with cream for breakfast.
Tea and water to drink.
Lunch was a mushroom omelette with more tea and water.
I will have another meal today - it will have to be something out of the freezer so probably some lamb, if it is soft enough for my gums.
Trying to fit everything in - antibiotics have to be taken on an empty stomach - four times a day and my Levothyroxine also has to be on an empty stomach. The rest need to be with food, or soon after. Bit of a juggling act. I am assuming I can have water in an empty stomach, otherwise I'll never get enough fluid in.

Ann, whilst you are absolutely tight that we got the biggest bang for our buck from our Levothyroxine when it is take 30 minutes+ before food or drink, for a few days of antibiotics, I doubt you'd notice if you took them differently.

I take my thyroid meds around 4am, when I naturally rouse (and go back to sleep afterwards), but if I oversleep, I don't delay our first cup of tea.

Thyroxine works on a therapeutic dose, so variations from one day to the next aren't usually noticeable.

Only you can decide how to solve the puzzle, but just thought I'd mention that.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Few days missed too far behind to remember
We had Thai food one day and a good BG the following morning.
Caribbean food day before yesterday, and cassolet yesterday.
Carribean food reheated tonight. With wilted spinach and rice. Bought spinach because I remember Son1 eating it for breakfast, but apparently it's "not his favourite" :meh:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @maglil55 that really does look like an instrument of torture, but who cares so long as it works.
Today I had cheesy scrambled eggs on SLC toast for breakfast. No lunch as my high fbg was climbing ever higher.
Dinner in a few moments will be a cheeseburger and lettuce. All I can be bothered to do.