What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My area

It wouldn't accept my post code yesterday saying invalid ?!?

I tried again this morning;

F856E708-349F-48EE-8749-C66E4D96EE93.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

The bathroom window needs more bamboo. Too much flashing light was coming through last night. It needs more more work on it today.

My bedroom window temporary bamboo is still very effective.

Have a good day...

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Tesco forage then an indoor day as it's looking very wet.

Fill your day with pleasantness. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Same here, the weekly trip to the local Lidl for a quick dive inside and then out, if its not too traumatic the duchess may take in the Coop as well.
Btw the antibiotic cream seems to be working ok on my foot after four applications yesterday.

Have good safe day everyone.
D.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Swipey-wipey-do says fbg was 4.7 - meh. Much catching up to do but child minding is on and off like a bride's nightie. Fascinating variation in positive test rate with Richmond the lowest so far. Not sure how big a Magic Money Tree Gump imagines would be sufficient to level up to that standard.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning 5.9 ➡️

Interesting link @ianpspurs
My region seems to be in good nick.

F7D65CF8-7350-4576-B00C-820A252BF4F4.jpeg

Bit of a restless night... was awake around 4 with shoulder and arthritis pain... and then woke up about 7.
Cave-dweller said he would be at work all this week so listening for signs of life but will have to get up at 8 to maybe at least start the knee rehab and Physio exercises before some cardio boxing...

Will make myself do the recording today and then I can relax and just watch recorded stuff as a reward!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning 5.9 ➡️

Interesting link @ianpspurs
My region seems to be in good nick.

View attachment 45698
Bit of a restless night... was awake around 4 with shoulder and arthritis pain... and then woke up about 7.
Cave-dweller said he would be at work all this week so listening for signs of life but will have to get up at 8 to maybe at least start the knee rehab and Physio exercises before some cardio boxing...

Will make myself do the recording today and then I can relax and just watch recorded stuff as a reward!
Hug for the shoulder, winner for living in both a spiffing and well behaved area and sticking to your routines. I noticed the signature you were debating about adding. Top, top lady

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull start to the ceremonial cleansing of the waste on this International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a large tray of roast veg crumbled with haggis of all things (made out of Ian Blackford’s twitter feed) came in at 5.2 this am. Quick, publish a random photo of the Western Highlands.

Rishi Rich will be letting moths out of his little red wallet today the results of which will be proclamations of the winter tour of the group Rage Against the Machine on the beeb later in the day.

@lindisfel - thanks for the painting of the black tailed godwit and the information that went with it. Just looked one up on google (just the one) and yep - thats what they look like - nicely done, my birds are best kept microscopic.

More angst about which three family groups - or none at the table of excess next month. Talking to one of my sisters yesterday (she lives in Arkansas) - they have decided that Thanksgiving tomorrow will be just them (husband and two children). Mind you both of my US based sisters and also my friends in California and North Carolina say that the USA is like the zombi apocalypse at present.

Found a small sample of black rice paper yesterday (15 x 7 cm). Not something that I would choose so splodged some white onto it in the hope of attracting a change in the weather. Have an excellent day if you can - if it creaks, spray it with WD40, if broken, use the duct tape. Koffy time.
upload_2020-11-25_8-32-52.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the shoulder, winner for living in both a spiffing and well behaved area and sticking to your routines. I noticed the signature you were debating about adding. Top, top lady

I need the results from the forthcoming bloods and then I will be able to add the dark burnout year(s)

That will be as soon as lockdown is done maybe on a Friday “rest day”

Reactions: mojo37

SilverK

Conundrum for you.
My friends 1yr old has tested positive for covid. Everyone else in the family has tested negative. She has literally not had any contact with anyone other than her immediate family since she was born. How did she get it?? It’s not as though she’s sneaking off to see friends. Could it be a false positive? If it is it’s really annoying as my friend is now having to self isolate. (- Baby is fine. A bit sniffly but bouncing around as usual.)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate national bin day.

A 5.8 on that meter of mystery and whatever today.

Talking of today, my posting today will have no mention of covid, drat I have just realised that, that is a mention, failed at the first hurdle.
Come the revolution I shall recommend that the media be the first against the wall.

Ah monoliths, please don't make me and me's have to listen to the Blue Danube again.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Conundrum for you.
My friends 1yr old has tested positive for covid. Everyone else in the family has tested negative. She has literally not had any contact with anyone other than her immediate family since she was born. How did she get it?? It’s not as though she’s sneaking off to see friends. Could it be a false positive? If it is it’s really annoying as my friend is now having to self isolate. (- Baby is fine. A bit sniffly but bouncing around as usual.)

There could also be false negatives

edit to add
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/03/health/covid-test-negative-contagious-wellness/index.html

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Conundrum for you.
Agree with @Alien Aspie although forgive me I did allow myself a little chuckle at the thought of a furtive 1yo checking to see if anyone was watching and running off... well.. crawling off to a sand box rave with chums!

Reactions: mojo37 and dunelm

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Agree with @Alien Aspie although forgive me I did allow myself a little chuckle at the thought of a furtive 1yo checking to see if anyone was watching and running off... well.. crawling off to a sand box rave with chums!

A little like Swee'pea in the Popeye cartoons.

lindisfel

Expert
Conundrum for you.
Probably getting the breath of admiring old lady super-spreaders looking closely at babies when their out walking with a push chair? :)

Reactions: UserABC2021