What for tea tonight?

Sugarlisa

For us for me is carrot and turnip mash with sausage x2 with mixed vegetables, Brussels and gravy why the boys have mashed potatoes with their bangers xx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slow cooked beef feather steak.. been in since 3 pm. Mushrooms to be added in 50 minutes.
No veg required.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For us for me is carrot and turnip mash with sausage x2 with mixed vegetables, Brussels and gravy why the boys have mashed potatoes with their bangers xx
Pork with some spices, and two lovely chunks of salmon for me. For my husband, the same pork, and air fried spuds. (I kind of threw in too many potato slices so he skipped on the veg options. Less cooking for me, yay!) He's off to pick up the groceries in a little bit, so I'm going to have my Nespresso with a bit of cream later, as I'm all out of cream.

Yours sounds really good... Sometimes I still feel like I'm just playing house, when I see what other people are cooking... But on a carnivore way of eating, keeping it very simple yet tasty is nice too.

Reactions: Sugarlisa

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Normally it’s the weekend when we looking for takeaway what do I pick lol
I had gyros this weekend, (no bread or spuds of course), shoarma or similar could be good too.... I don't really know what the take-away options are in the UK other than the usual fisn'n'chips, which aren't much of an option on low carb. Here in the Netherlands, I'd say go for a whole or half rotisserie chicken, chicken or pork sateh skewers, anything meaty basically. :) Chinese take-out can be ordered without the very, very sugary sauce I think.... Peking duck, egg thingy... What's your usual take out place and do they have a menu online? :)

Reactions: hankjam

Sugarlisa

I had gyros this weekend, (no bread or spuds of course), shoarma or similar could be good too.... I don't really know what the take-away options are in the UK other than the usual fisn'n'chips, which aren't much of an option on low carb. Here in the Netherlands, I'd say go for a whole or half rotisserie chicken, chicken or pork sateh skewers, anything meaty basically. :) Chinese take-out can be ordered without the very, very sugary sauce I think.... Peking duck, egg thingy... What's your usual take out place and do they have a menu online? :)

Looks like chicken kebabs minus bread with salad again

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A hamburger (just the patty) with onion and mushroom and a salad of tomato, cucumber and mozzarella I think.

If you're looking to share your meals and be inspired by others eating low carb, there's a nice chatty thread where many post what they've eaten :). Some post all their meals, others post occasionally.
Join us if you like to!
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/unread

Reactions: Robbity
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Homemade veggie curry with a gf pitta bread and a yogurt for dessert.

Sugarlisa

A hamburger (just the patty) with onion and mushroom and a salad of tomato, cucumber and mozzarella I think.

If you're looking to share your meals and be inspired by others eating low carb, there's a nice chatty thread where many post what they've eaten :). Some post all their meals, others post occasionally.
Join us if you like to!
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/unread

Thank u for this newbie DT2 it will give me some ideas for meals

Reactions: Antje77

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken Kiev with ground almond covering..... loads of garlic butter, feta, radish, tom, salad.
Peas

Edit: peas were dropped as the avocado was good to go into the salad....

Last edited:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found an amazing product google sosa airbag farina. It's expensive but it should last a while. It must be fried. There are videos online. My muscles won't allow me to pulverise pork crackling so for me it's just the job.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I had breast of chicken with a very small amount of piri piri sauce with a large side salad followed by 2 squares of 90% dark lindtt chocolate with a little peanut butter on top and a mug of earl grey tea

Reactions: hankjam