What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
I was very tired when I got back from my successful morning, so had a long nap. Now I am ready for bed. Cat is digging all the way to China in the cat tray, which means I shall need a peg for my nose in a mo...good job I bought some nice new ones today...
This is a quickie, in Procreate, too tired for much else.
View attachment 45706
Fabulously spooky and at the same time sparklingly mystic

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am posting this before I completely ruin it. This is my first attempt at a Classic Italian or Dutch master oil painting of my sons dog for a Christmas Present, A3 on canvas. I'm not sure how it's going to work Black dog, dark background, I must be mad....
View attachment 45707
Not sure if background should have been painted last but all that white canvas seemed hard to paint the dog on. I have no idea what I'm doing, poor Sooty, that's the dog.
Looks OK so far - you can always change the background if you feel that pooch will be lost I guess.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
GRrrrr! First Christmas Lights appear in our Close, tacky, not even aesthetically pleasing, OK sound humbug but I really dislike strings of flashing lights with no thought to where or how they are arranged and don't get me started on blowup santas. :(

I do like Christmas but not tat!
You are lucky there is only one so far @Muddy Cyclist in your Close.
There are 13 houses in this Close. 10 have Xmas lights of varying degrees of flashing tackiness, two have static lights but these include electric Xmas trees either side of their doors and static lights wrapped around their bushes.

I am the odd man out. My horrid next door neighbour only had to go one better and have the flashing lights around the entire of his bungalow. Hence I have problems with flashing lights into my kitchen, bathroom,and my bedroom, which are all along the wall between him and me.

#bahhumbugclub

lindisfel

Expert
My grandson was sent home on monday because his bubble had Covid at school.
He's due to go back on 4th.
I bet he was hoping for York table tennis to start up again, he is in one of Yorks mens teams and has been for last two years but Covid has messed up his game.
The virus is a long time in the life of a 14 year old. I think he is getting quite proficient at tennis and table tennis.
He plays hard and beats his dad and I tell him not to be too hard on his dad, but his dad used push him hard at football when he was younger, so to be expected.
He thrashes me playing Fifa on his PS4 but I never did have the spirit of competition in games and sport.

A hear today a friend in our emeritas group has Covid and also his wife, he lives in Carlisle. He is quite poorly and normally has lung issues in winter. He is also the eldest of us and was born c.3 months before me in 1939, so we all praying for him and his wife.
Covid is rife up here.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

out shopping early closely followed by the ritual of green bin positioning by the road ;)

Bloomin' cold today, 1'C as the sun came up, lovely sunny sky though :) We saw a really interesting cloud on our way to the shops, looked just like a chubby five pointed star, of course by the time we got to the shops it had changed so no pictures :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - another great bird picture from you, I like the cheeky cocked head and bright eye :)

@JohnEGreen - hope things are less painful for you soon and that brother Adrian keeps well and gets the test result he wants :)

@Muddy Cyclist - one good thing about oil paint is you can tweak the background as you go, you're definitely braver than me tryiing an old master style dog portrait.
Particularly lovely silver birches, so delicate, they're just like the ones down the road from mum's :joyful:

mr gee is in agreement with you, he quite likes Christmas too but he does not like random 'tat' at all ;)

@dunelm - interesting to see the reversal, I've never tried black paper. The moon is lovely, and the temple stands out nicely on the black backgrou :) it's made an interesting landscape.

@gennepher - you sound gleeful :D I like your picture today, although there is an element of spooky the sky reminds me of the Northern Lights too. We're far enough North that we get them here sometimes ;)

Art bit -
My version from a work by a painter called Ernie Verdine - I like the way he uses colour.

upload_2020-11-25_19-44-11.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - you sound gleeful :D I like your picture today, although there is an element of spooky the sky reminds me of the Northern Lights too. We're far enough North that we get them here sometimes ;)

Art bit -
My version from a work by a painter called Ernie Verdine - I like the way he uses colour.

View attachment 45708

Thank you for the painting compliment :)
I have seen the northern lights once or twice...

That is a lovely autumn painting @geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

out shopping early closely followed by the ritual of green bin positioning by the road ;)

Bloomin' cold today, 1'C as the sun came up, lovely sunny sky though :) We saw a really interesting cloud on our way to the shops, looked just like a chubby five pointed star, of course by the time we got to the shops it had changed so no pictures :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - another great bird picture from you, I like the cheeky cocked head and bright eye :)

@JohnEGreen - hope things are less painful for you soon and that brother Adrian keeps well and gets the test result he wants :)

@Muddy Cyclist - one good thing about oil paint is you can tweak the background as you go, you're definitely braver than me tryiing an old master style dog portrait.
Particularly lovely silver birches, so delicate, they're just like the ones down the road from mum's :joyful:

mr gee is in agreement with you, he quite likes Christmas too but he does not like random 'tat' at all ;)

@dunelm - interesting to see the reversal, I've never tried black paper. The moon is lovely, and the temple stands out nicely on the black backgrou :) it's made an interesting landscape.

Art bit -

View attachment 45708
Great autumn painting from you today, I like the use of the paint and the treatment of the leaves on the trees, good colours also.

Thanks for trees painting compliments.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening

A little truth telling

Haven't given fbg..haven't bothered testing for a while.

Not sure " unintentional" or not.
Shall start back soon enough

All good personally.

But to talk of that which dare not mention it's name..

My aunt's daughters partner lost his mum recently to covid I've been told (Birmingham way)

And Lauren's cousin..( may remember her husband tested positive months back )
Has now tested positive, as has her husband again
Husband in for knee op..chap in next bed tested positive.
So both now have it.

Last time he breezed through it, this time he is struggling..so my wife's a little concerned for them both.

Consolation is he's prescribed a c-pap machine, has apnea ..so good chance of oxygen when needed.

As said we are ok.
Just hoping those near to us are ok.:sorry:

Take care all.

Loving the vitality and art works. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He's added another string of flashing lights at the back. It is permeating my bedroom with a vengeance...
I can't sleep...it is 9:34 pm
I wish somehow he comes to understand, to the equivalent of the h3ll he has put me through over the years...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening

A little truth telling

Haven't given fbg..haven't bothered testing for a while.

Not sure " unintentional" or not.
Shall start back soon enough

All good personally.

But to talk of that which dare not mention it's name..

My aunt's daughters partner lost his mum recently to covid I've been told (Birmingham way)

And Lauren's cousin..( may remember her husband tested positive months back )
Has now tested positive, as has her husband again
Husband in for knee op..chap in next bed tested positive.
So both now have it.

Last time he breezed through it, this time he is struggling..so my wife's a little concerned for them both.

Consolation is he's prescribed a c-pap machine, has apnea ..so good chance of oxygen when needed.

As said we are ok.
Just hoping those near to us are ok.:sorry:

Take care all.

Loving the vitality and art works. :)

Hugs @jjraak for you all.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You are lucky there is only one so far @Muddy Cyclist in your Close.
There are 13 houses in this Close. 10 have Xmas lights of varying degrees of flashing tackiness, two have static lights but these include electric Xmas trees either side of their doors and static lights wrapped around their bushes.

I am the odd man out. My horrid next door neighbour only had to go one better and have the flashing lights around the entire of his bungalow. Hence I have problems with flashing lights into my kitchen, bathroom,and my bedroom, which are all along the wall between him and me.

#bahhumbugclub
I know it's abit extreme but have you considered black out blinds or materials like these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Do4U-Black...ords=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-B...words=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-9

or this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Bla...words=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-7

you could maybe paint some nice Christmas scenes on them or you can get them with patterns on even.

Edit to add my fbg this morning was 4.9.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist quite a soulful looking Sooty-dog! There is a Christmas wreath and a lights of a tree at my neighbours two doors down. My tree is firmly waiting until two weeks before Christmas!
@lindisfel hugs to grandson and for friend
@geefull atmospheric landscape and I too like the way the colours are used
@jjraak huge hugs

5.8 ➡️
Frustrating day trying to record DIY commentary demo. I had recorded the first set using QuickTime off the screen (.mov) and initially thought I could just lob that into Premier Pro, split the audio and delete it and then record my commentary over the top.
Until I realised that the imported mov file meant to export it would be some strange rarely used preset that could not be viewed.
I also struggled to get past the first five minutes of warm up without stuffing up my words!
Upshot was... I had to convert the mov file to a more common mp4 file (thank god I have actually sprung for the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite) and it took ages to render it.

So cave-dweller had told me he was in work all this week so waiting for him to get up so I can clump about in my room doing the harder of the Physio knee rehab sessions and then some resistance band/weights stuff.
Cleaners coming so will hide in my room and study and rewatch this stupid set of tennis and make a few more notes and when they go I HAVE to get this hour of commentary done! The free-styling during the warm up is the hardest! Once the match starts it is comparatively easier because you can commentate on the actual hitting.
Also need to update my CV specifically for this role, and do it for two speculative emails to golf courses/driving ranges in the hope of part time work ....

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
GRrrrr! First Christmas Lights appear in our Close, tacky, not even aesthetically pleasing, OK sound humbug but I really dislike strings of flashing lights with no thought to where or how they are arranged and don't get me started on blowup santas. :(

I do like Christmas but not tat!
Oh dear my grandson has a couple of blow up thingies one a 6 foot goblin I think though they stay at his uni accommodation he uses them for parties and such like the other students who were feeling somewhat low asked him to put them up in the shared lounge he was not to keen on the idea but eventually acquiesced to try and cheer them all up a bit it seems to have worked.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 this morning woke at 3.30 and couldn't get back off to sleep bit annoying because I change my shift from an to a late so that I could at least sleep till 7 ish . Ah well that's sod law , the higher number is a mixture of too little sleep and a late evening meal . Lovely and frosty here anything is better than the continual rain :)