Online Prescription Service

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
Has anyone ever used / continue to use any of these online services to have their medicines delivered? (Not insulin)

I am so fed up of incompetent pharmacists, that I am considering going online for everything apart from insulin.

Will be interested to hear anyone else's experiences.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone ever used / continue to use any of these online services to have their medicines delivered? (Not insulin)

I am so fed up of incompetent pharmacists, that I am considering going online for everything apart from insulin.

Hello there - I don't use an online service, as I have found a very good pharmacy locally.

I'm not sure my GP would be happy splitting a prescription to facilitate multiple pharmacies. I don't know if their software can do that. I have a nominated pharmacy and that's it.

Reactions: sleepster

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

My pharmacy will only deliver if I am unwell. But others may vary.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the Netherlands I get 3 months worth of stuff delivered, everything included (pen needles, test strips, vit. D, bp tablets, Freestyle Libre sensors, and cooled insulin) and if ever I'm short on something I can just call them and have an extra delivery the next day without cost.

So much less stress now I don't have to deal with my completely incompetent pharmacy every few weeks anymore! (Well, unless I have something else wrong with me, which usually ends up with a scene at the pharmacy because they don't seem to be able to think for themselves or care about their customers.)

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello there - I don't use an online service, as I have found a very good pharmacy locally.

I'm not sure my GP would be happy splitting a prescription to facilitate multiple pharmacies. I don't know if their software can do that. I have a nominated pharmacy and that's it.
Same :)

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Boots offer a home delivery service. I'm going to go with them. It states I have to go in and collect the insulin though, which is not an issue for me.

I already have a stock pile if insulin nd needles through the incompetence of the pharmacy, so no danger of running out of that.
ETA: Just found this lot who will deliver insulin if needed. Think I would still prefer to collect it.

https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/prescr...YTInUoedcMg7hD19QpRoC7s8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Pharmacy2U is very reliable for all my prescriptions needs. They were able to deliver fiasp and libre sensors when my local pharmacy couldn’t get it when I needed it.

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello Pharmacy2U is very reliable for all my prescriptions needs. They were able to deliver fiasp and libre sensors when my local pharmacy couldn’t get it when I needed it.
Thank you! Thats very good to know.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Sounds great. Unfortunately I'm stuck with emailing one company for pump supplies, the GP for Libre which has to be signed off by the dsn, the surgery for most medication and emailing a consultant for insulin.

Can't even organise it so they all come around at the same time.