What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have done more work on my oil painting of sons dog, nightmare. I have lots to do once Paint is dried, working on it now will send it Muddy, yes a bit like me, :). I have to work on eyes and nose and reduce the highlights, after all he is a black dog...
IMG_4165.JPG

I may take out collar also.

Reactions: geefull

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fusion mindfood from an addled mind incoming - bear with.. Thanksgiving all around me made me get Alexa to play this which naturally made me aware that what I "see" in it is a romanticised/perfected dream of beauty. Obviously, I go from there, via the econometric school of historiography, to Keats and the artists on here. Their view of the world is very different to what I see and allows them to see and produce beauty I just don't see but I do recognise through what that song conjures up. Linking to my paradigm for dealing with lc/keto and wellbeing is this beauty is truth and truth is beauty schtick. BUT only in the romaticised mental realm. The jagged edged, messy reality ruins that vision. Christmas day never lives up to the idea/ideal kind of thing. One of my quieter days inside the noggin. Julie says people should try living with me. IDK what she means.:angelic:
Great song by a great songsmith - takes after his old man.
We used to have days of all things culture when I was in the military - one day, the RSM announced that someone was coming to give us a talk about Keats - “Now”, he said, “does anyone know what a keat is?”

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Archie has now got a rather fetching pink cone from our local pet shop as he was tearing his bandage off. He is able to drink and eat with it on and doesn't seem too bothered by it.

Reactions: mojo37

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good cold Muddy Bike Ride, three hours and it froze my water bottle :)

A couple of pics from the ride, I may attempt a painting of them once my sons dog painting finished..
View attachment 45722
View attachment 45723

I love both of these, light is fabulous. I nearly freaked with the top one though as it looks like the background I used for the stag painting :)

stag.jpg

You should do a stag or kangaroo right in there ;)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very busy day in Ian's head. Now I have to deal with the concept of an "I We I" bell curve stretching across about 1890 to 2016. This calls for wine with evening meal and football. That bell curve will doubtless make a reappearance one morning - you are on notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was chatting with my bestie who is in Manc and now feels she won’t even be able to go to her folks in Chepstow for Xmas which is sad.

I have a friend struggling with a lot but who seems to want to break the bubble rules and I find myself feeling horrible when I tell her I cannot put MY bubble for Christmas at risk because she wants to break the rules.

Her parents are in Liverpuddle (also Tier 2) so that is her support bubble but her attitude is “from next week no-one will know so what harm will it do”... thus far I have declined to add a further reply!

There are lot of other underlying issues that I won’t bore you guys with but having had this at the start of lockdown the next step will be to tell me that I make no effort for her (I have suggested FaceTime... she refused, she point blank won’t eat in a restaurant, if we arrange to meet, she leaves at the time we are supposed to meet and leaves me in town for 30m plus)... so I am a bit stuck now. She will rant and rave about how I will talk to my other friends but not her (difficult when she refuses to pick up the phone, answer the door, answer her texts) and... that I won’t break the rules for her.

But if I try to tell her that I am suffering from anxiety from being unemployed at 51, managing diabetes and arthritis etc..she will say she can’t take on any one elses’s issues right now. Again this is totally the depression talking and she was very supportive when my mum died three years ago. So... I guess I just absorb the oncoming storm of “you are a horrible person and not my friend” and wait for the inevitable “I’m sorry for what I said”

For the first time in a while I feel quite weary of this pandemic now!
Hugs for you @RFSMarch

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have done more work on my oil painting of sons dog, nightmare. I have lots to do once Paint is dried, working on it now will send it Muddy, yes a bit like me, :). I have to work on eyes and nose and reduce the highlights, after all he is a black dog...
View attachment 45724
I may take out collar also.
Fancy calling a dog “nightmare” - never mind he is beginning to look quite handsome now and hairdressers will be opening again next week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very busy day in Ian's head. Now I have to deal with he concept of an "I We I" bell curve stretching across about 1890 to 2016. This calls for wine with evening meal and football. That bell curve will doubtless make a reappearance one morning - you are on notice.
The bell curve on the IQ ratings seems to be skewing even more to the left with predictions of only outliers to the right of the 50th percentile during Christmas.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen
Thank you for all your suggestions. I don’t like black out material. It makes me feel I have been buried alive. You would have to know my past for this. I was stalked for many years, and it culminated in a tragic murder, and I was to have been next. I fled to this bungalow, and I had so many layers of curtains up and closed that it was always dark in here. It took me many years before I could open the curtains in the day. And longer for me to have my bedroom curtains open in the night. And convince myself I am safe.
To put curtains up that don’t let in light, or black out screens is fearsome. I don’t know what is behind it. It puts me in a bad place.
But thank you for pointing these links out.

I have these flashing Xmas lights from my horrid next door neighbour reflecting in all the windows of this bungalow @dunelm - my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and my front room. My windows are virtually on only two walls. Like I explained to John above, I cannot have the blackout material.

I thought I had bought enough stuff for the ‘wall’ yesterday, and I had, but I hadn’t known that more lights had been put up.

So, this morning I was out earlyish to get some more stuff. I’d had ideas in the night @ianpspurs I was enjoying this a bit, but now I am not so much, because I had to get more stuff today.

Which I could have done without having to do. And go to the shops today, Thursday, because the roads were horrendously busy. What happened to Covid? And then the shops were horrendously busy also. Everyone was wearing a mask, but that was it. Absolutely no social distancing. Too many people close together, strangers, all looking at the same items on the shelf. Several times I got pushed out of the way by someone reaching past me. And pushing past me. It felt dangerous. Most people not covering their noses with their masks. Judging from the busyness this morning I am half expecting another lockdown around Christmas time...

Thanks for your suggestions @SlimLizzy

I have a one of those expanding rails in the door alcove in the bedroom, because nothing else would fit it is not very big. Yes I did say some time ago it was difficult for me to pull back curtains. And I have a tendency to fall over backwards when reaching. In my last house I had tiebacks and didn’t move the curtains. But the windows were big. However, this bedroom door which is glass, is not very wide and tie backs would make the bedroom very dark, there is no other window. But thank you.

I know/realise people are starting their decorations early this year and doing more over the top lights on houses etc as a way to compensate for Covid restrictions and cheer each other up. So as a general point, people who like Christmas and like lights and want to be in crowds and herds, they cannot imagine how annoying and repulsive these things are to people who don't think that way. This is the same mentality of people who like to drive big motorbikes with loud motors or cars that are modified to make loud engine revving noises. They feel positive about those things and cannot see and don't care how negative they are for others.

I am doing the best that I can to protect myself from this light pollution next door.

But he hasn't turned it on yet tonight. He is very late. And I wanted to test out the stuff I had bought to put ony bathroom windows. I have two ideas, buy cannot finish it off until I know which idea works best.

I am going to bed now I need.sleep.

I was visualising all last night cutting the wires of my horrid neighbour's flashing lights with imaginary scissors, them I was imagining demons in every light bulb to scare my horrid neighbour....

You mean it worked and I could have saved all that money today?

My internet is down, and I cannot post my painting from my iPad today. I am on my Android phone to write this.[/USER]

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnEGreen
Thank you for all your suggestions. I don’t like black out material. It makes me feel I have been buried alive. You would have to know my past for this. I was stalked for many years, and it culminated in a tragic murder, and I was to have been next. I fled to this bungalow, and I had so many layers of curtains up and closed that it was always dark in here. It took me many years before I could open the curtains in the day. And longer for me to have my bedroom curtains open in the night. And convince myself I am safe.
To put curtains up that don’t let in light, or black out screens is fearsome. I don’t know what is behind it. It puts me in a bad place.
But thank you for pointing these links out.

I have these flashing Xmas lights from my horrid next door neighbour reflecting in all the windows of this bungalow @dunelm - my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and my front room. My windows are virtually on only two walls. Like I explained to John above, I cannot have the blackout material.

I thought I had bought enough stuff for the ‘wall’ yesterday, and I had, but I hadn’t known that more lights had been put up.

So, this morning I was out earlyish to get some more stuff. I’d had ideas in the night @ianpspurs I was enjoying this a bit, but now I am not so much, because I had to get more stuff today.

Which I could have done without having to do. And go to the shops today, Thursday, because the roads were horrendously busy. What happened to Covid? And then the shops were horrendously busy also. Everyone was wearing a mask, but that was it. Absolutely no social distancing. Too many people close together, strangers, all looking at the same items on the shelf. Several times I got pushed out of the way by someone reaching past me. And pushing past me. It felt dangerous. Most people not covering their noses with their masks. Judging from the busyness this morning I am half expecting another lockdown around Christmas time...

Thanks for your suggestions @slim Lizzy
I have a one of those expanding rails in the door alcove in the bedroom, because nothing else would fit it is not very big. Yes I did say some time ago it was difficult for me to pull back curtains. And I have a tendency to fall over backwards when reaching. In my last house I had tiebacks and didn’t move the curtains. But the windows were big. However, this bedroom door which is glass, is not very wide and tie backs would make the bedroom very dark, there is no other window. But thank you.

I know/realise people are starting their decorations early this year and doing more over the top lights on houses etc as a way to compensate for Covid restrictions and cheer each other up. So as a general point, people who like Christmas and like lights and want to be in crowds and herds, they cannot imagine how annoying and repulsive these things are to people who don't think that way. This is the same mentality of people who like to drive big motorbikes with loud motors or cars that are modified to make loud engine revving noises. They feel positive about those things and cannot see and don't care how negative they are for others.

I am doing the best that I can to protect myself from this light pollution next door.

But he hasn't turned it on yet tonight. He is very late. And I wanted to test out the stuff I had bought to put ony bathroom windows. I have two ideas, buy cannot finish it off until I know which idea works best.

I am going to bed now I need.sleep.

I was visualising all last night cutting the wires of my horrid neighbour's flashing lights with imaginary scissors, them I was imagining demons in every light bulb to scare my horrid neighbour....

You mean it worked and I could have saved all that money today?

My internet is down, and I cannot post my painting from my iPad today. I am on my Android phone to write this.
I wonder if a series of old computer and video discs threaded into your defensive line would act like reflectors - talk it through with Popeye - he may not like that idea.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if a series of old computer and video discs threaded into your defensive line would act like reflectors - talk it through with Popeye - he may not like that idea.

I like that idea very much @dunelm
I can see how that might work. I have enough old video discs....this sounds like it might be fun to do...I also have old computer discs somewhere...

I need some fresh blood in this...I mean ideas...

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fancy calling a dog “nightmare” - never mind he is beginning to look quite handsome now and hairdressers will be opening again next week.
He's just had a haircut. :) When I say he's the ugliest dog I have ever seen, he is, nightmare should be his name. His legs are double jointed and bend the wrong way it's strange watching him walk, his bottom jaw is overshot so he looks like he's got a Cheshire Cat grin. :joyful: So I'm trying to make him look handsome. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Finally found the right people to help me, no criticism of you lot ;)

Age UK is championing my corner now, just been sent a load of bumpf by email and I've been 'attached' to a new 'friend' who is local and will be my advocate in sorting my mess out. Hopefully, I can get out of my situation soon.

Her ladyships shot over the bows today was to call me a liar regarding having had covid. She also pointed out that it's all nonsense and only weak-minded people fall for it.

If I had a van I'd be living in it about now.
@Alien Aspie may I pm you?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woken by howling cat. Not happy no breakfast for him this early. Tested anyway.
5.55am FBG 5.4
Back to bed, cat quietened for short while the got louder and more persistant. Gave up about 7 30
Fed cat
FBG now 6 0 presumably mixture of DP and irritation.
He will have to relearn better manners when we go back to the Motorhome.

ahh see your looking at this all wrong.

Cat has finally accepted you and is now beginning to train you.

it's the highest honour ( apart from being one of their beds), a human can aspire to.

Don't fritter it away.,..

Cat boot camp is HARD,
it makes officer & a gentleman look like child's play.

but THAT glow when you finally finish basic training and pass out, with top honours...Glorious.

Hang tough.
the weak break easily.
the tough get their rewards in cat heaven..

Good Luck,

Reactions: SlimLizzy