What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on a damp, cold. foggy Breckland day. Swipey decreed a 5.1 which, allowing for its Gump like exuberance, is pretty much a clusterwhatsit IMHO. So, all Suffolk must endure a punishment beating (Tier 2) because Ipswich had a spike yet I can fill my house with all comers to hear the Queen's speech (which I have zero intention of listening to). Hugs for those in Tier 3, struggling to achieve peace from light pollution or incessant drumbeat of "get that commentary done." This T2 is a voracious consumer of bandwidth for precious little joy/success/feeling of control. Perhaps I should just take the lazy route and blame the meeja. Personally, I'd feel soiled and gaslighted by that. PipPip old toots

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Splodge are good, shame you had to waste your paper, still can't win em all, do like the created art used on the splodges shows you have a good eye and imaginative soul. Trees and rocks what more can one want from a landscape.

Christmas rules are difficult as if we meet with son and daughters family at same time, good for us, it immediately means they can only meet with one other group, Daughters partner does have two brothers and mom and dad, son many close friends who have invited him, we may sacrifice our meeting them and resort to Zoom.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - although Mrs Miggins has decided that I should save everything - not a chance.
Our Christmas choices were rather like solving a Rubik's cube but we all have satisfactory, if not perfect, outcomes - the long game is preferable to me than short-termism.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on a damp, cold. foggy Breckland day. Swipey decreed a 5.1 which, allowing for its Gump like exuberance, is pretty much a clusterwhatsit IMHO. So, all Suffolk must endure a punishment beating (Tier 2) because Ipswich had a spike yet I can fill my house with all comers to hear the Queen's speech (which I have zero intention of listening to). Hugs for those in Tier 3, struggling to achieve peace from light pollution or incessant drumbeat of get that commentary done. This T2 is a voracious consumer of bandwidth for precious little joy/success/feeling of control. Perhaps I should just take the lazy route and blame the meeja. Personally, I'd feel soiled and gaslighted by that. PipPip old toots
The soundtrack for that Gump film though will give you some joy - For What it’s Worth.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting piece of modern art flowing here. Shower curtain sounds like a solution found. Have fun with the Xmas grotto - photographic evidence once completed.

Thank you @dunelm for the painting compliment.

Here is where I am at with the the shower curtain idea. Half the window has been prepared for the putting up of the shower curtain at the window. I have measured a few times and am about to use the scissors on it. There are loads of plants on the floor, and I have a shoe shelf to make up yet like the one on the other side.

Then I have to clean and take down the original shoe shelf and prepare that side.

Then I need pots for the baby spider plants...what can I repurpose for that????

Another photo will come later, and then one when the lights are flashing in the dark.

I then have a sleigh to make for the Xmas themed rubber ducks, so that is going to be tomorrow more before I can work on that. I will probably crash out asleep in a few hours..:

Loads more to come on all this...

Edit...forgot to add the photo...
4FAF06C3-885B-4EDA-BCDA-BA8081D3E050.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.2 maybe relying too heavily on resistant starch, or else the late night snack to blame.
Son1 will be back to work on Sunday, he is fortunately working in one of the two restaurants out of thirty that will be in a position to reopen. If his ex would stop phoning, that would help a lot, but they are supposed to be staying friends, so she calls/texts on a regular basis - causing a fresh emotional breakdown each time. She is a lovely person, all the family loved her, but just now I could slap her.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The soundtrack for that Gump film though will give you some joy - For What it’s Worth.
I've a cousin called Joy. That'll do until I meet someone called Rapture:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet morning here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower with a romesco sauce came in at 4.9 this am

Trouble at mill or is it going to be something rotten in the kingdom of Mordor? Back bench tummy rumblings about the party generals next 2 week plan. Still, gives the promoters of misinformation and deceit at the beeb something to waffle about. Someone may even write a song about it or produce an off the wall puppet show. It’s life Jim, but not as we know it.

Choices for the festive season have already been made - bit sad - facetime/zoom calls are probably going to be used throughout the day - hopefully I will be able to get one or two sprouts before Brussels bans their export - patio heaters are in short supply I have heard - thank goodness for that.

Did a painting on my flimsy yellow rice paper yesterday - it didn’t come out too well and I also discovered that I had another sheet below - drat. Binned the original effort and just joined up the splodges that had seeped into the sheet below.
Have a great day if you can - I hear that it’s Friday. Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful. Koffy time.

View attachment 45742

A great little sketch @dunelm
I do like the yellow paper...

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today, 4.3 after meal last night, who knows what mysterious chemistry goes on through the night?

Damp, Misty and fog according to Met Office, clear as a bell according to my eye sight.

Off to MILs to clean :banghead: MRs MC had a dream that MIL paid a visit from Care Home, very upbeat and insisted that all her windows will be cleaned inside and out, Mrs MCs taken this as some sort of omen and so that's my day scuppered.

Do the best you can with time today. Keep safe.

I general hug for the day...

But a funny for the comedic grumpy tone.

I envisaged a d!ck dastardly & muttley style gnashing of teeth and fist waving.
Drat, drat & double drat. ;):D

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...absolutely freezing here today... I'll give it another five minutes then the heating has to go on...what a mad week at work ...Wednesday an extremely challenging job that finally finished yesterday with a very good result which made all the angst tension & slog worth it...dinner last night followed by several large Gin & Tonics so enjoyable and some decent sleep for the last couple of days has been a real bonus...off to make more coffee & put that heating on...no FBG we had home made treacle tart & custard last night so no point...oops...keep safe.