What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just ruined my day even further, now I shall be thinking of that delicious pudding whilst cleaning windows, how cruel. :(
Oh dear that made me laugh so much...funny story about the treacle tart...the work I did Wednesday evening began during the day and got increasingly difficult throughout it...the tart was made & sitting on the counter top cooling...as the day became more stressful I had a tiny slither of tart...then another & another...by the time the job finished half of it was gone...luckily there was a generous enough portion for each of us last but it was touch & go...p.s. we had it with hot custard.

lindisfel

Expert
We have had a rational chat with our daughters about seeing family at Christmas and very quickly come to the unanimous conclusion it would be very unwise.
It should not be too long before vaccination will eliminate the concern.... say spring next year?
And as a famous man who some don't like said, "One needs to swallow time!"

Actually we pretty much are of the opinion this few days of relaxation is not worth the deaths that will ensue.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau , @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist really good news. Archie 's lab results came back and it is definitely not cancer so no big tricky op at the Newmarket Vet Hospital.

It is a cyst that has burst. So he is now on steroids to bring the inflammation and swelling down. If is beginning to heal so he doesn't need a dressing and can start back walking but only on soft ground.

Don't need to see the vet for a fortnight. If he needs anything done it will be just a small procedure. They gave him a longer cone because he had figured out how to get to his foot with the cone we bought.

This news was such a relief. Now the bandage is off we can bathe his foot with salt and tea tree oil and smear on some Manuka honey.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau , @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist really good news. Archie 's lab results came back and it is definitely not cancer so no big tricky op at the Newmarket Vet Hospital.

It is a cyst that has burst. So he is now on steroids to bring the inflammation and swelling down. If is beginning to heal so he doesn't need a dressing and can start back walking but only on soft ground.

Don't need to see the vet for a fortnight. If he needs anything done it will be just a small procedure. They gave him a longer cone because he had figured out how to get to his foot with the cone we bought.

This is such a relief.

Amazing!
Brilliant!
Very good news @Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This news was such a relief. Now the bandage is off we can bathe his foot with salt and tea tree oil and smear on some Manuka honey.
Excellent news and hope that he will not be coned off for too long.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Mine from today's available data.

IMG_20201127_113707.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have put the shower curtain up at the bathroom windows. It looks good. I have put the plants back on the shoe rack shelving. Then put a new shoe rack up for more plants. I didn't have time to pot all the baby spider plants. It would take me a few days to do properly So I put a large containers under them (the next shelf down) so they could root themselves, and in January they may be ready to leave Mum!!! I would have liked nice pots for them, but I don't have any at the moment. This will be a project in January 2021

But in the meantime hopefully this idea works to help keep the flashing Xmas lights at bay. This photo is dark, because it is dark and cloudy outside. But it would be good for summer as that window is very light.

The real test comes tonight once Mr Insensitive's flashing lights come on at dark.

Fingers crossed.

Here is a taste of the Xmas themed rubber ducks...

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to starting outside the bathroom window, and making his sleigh, and for the reindeers...a bit of working out there...and other interesting decorations.

IMG_27112020_141130_(1733_x_1300_pixel).jpg

Here is a pic of the left side next...
IMG_27112020_141217_(1350_x_1800_pixel).jpg

I would like some more plants for that bottom bit, those things are temporary :)
The duck will have his sleigh outside tomorrow, hopefully.

The next one is the right side...
IMG_27112020_141244_(1350_x_1800_pixel).jpg

The terracotta trough is a little ugly, brought it in from the garden for the baby spider plants to grow in for the moment.
To the right of that is the Triffid, a plant which is trying to outgrow the bathroom. It is too big for the window..

I am knackered now. Need a sleep.

I will be back later after dark with another photo showing that this idea DOES work against the flashing lights...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news, crafty dog :) Moet had biggest cone available, crashed into everything but it worked.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my idea for the bathroom window didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.

BUT, it is nowhere near as bad.
IMG_27112020_173441_(2667_x_2000_pixel).jpg

This is flashing all the time once he turns it on.
I was hoping it would be more faded than this.

As comparison I took a photo in the kitchen of the same string of flashing lights through the frosted door window (same frosting as the bathroom windows).
IMG_27112020_173358_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

The bathroom one doesn't kick me in the gut now as it did in the first place, and shouldn't trigger a visual migraine as it did before.

I still have a couple more ideas and already got the stuff for it. But this is now outside work, and the Xmas grotto, and Xmas duckies, and shiny CD's, to be started tomorrow morning...

I am not disappointed, because at least I don't have to avert my eyes for fear of a visual migraine when I visit the bathroom in the night...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long day, busy cleaning windows and more rubbish found at MILs bungalow so no time for art. However on the way home I was blessed with an amazing sunset and I saw this loan tree against the fading light so a quick A4 sketch with ink pen and watercolour wash, 4 minutes so a lot of scribble really, will try harder Saturday..
IMG_4171.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my idea for the bathroom window didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.

BUT, it is nowhere near as bad.
View attachment 45760
This is flashing all the time once he turns it on.
I was hoping it would be more faded than this.

As comparison I took a photo in the kitchen of the same string of flashing lights through the frosted door window (same frosting as the bathroom windows).
View attachment 45761

The bathroom one doesn't kick me in the gut now as it did in the first place, and shouldn't trigger a visual migraine as it did before.

I still have a couple more ideas and already got the stuff for it. But this is now outside work, and the Xmas grotto, and Xmas duckies, and shiny CD's, to be started tomorrow morning...

I am not disappointed, because at least I don't have to avert my eyes for fear of a visual migraine when I visit the bathroom in the night...
Your major construction work is paying off, great news, will only get better with outside additions.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your major construction work is paying off, great news, will only get better with outside additions.

Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist
I appreciate your words.
One thing is that you cannot see the flashing lights at all now, when the bathroom light is on at night. Before my work today on the bathroom windows, the flashing lights were still migraine inducing even when the bathroom light was on. So, that is a big improvement.

Edit: I can stand by the sink now, by the bathroom window as long as the bathroom light is on, and I am cleaning the sink from the soil of the pot plants, and I cannot see one hint of those flashing lights because of the shower curtain. This is actually quite a big positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.4 today

Sorry for no post yesterday :sorry: I found a couple of large packs of good quality mince marked right down when we went shopping, but it was short dated so I had to cook it when we got back from our volunteering collection run, then I slept :D I do sometimes freeze it directly but I otherwise like to cook a big batch and freeze ready portioned for 2 or 3 people.

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Krystyna23040 - so pleased for you that it's good news for Archie :joyful: I can sympathise with Archie for the 'cone'

@dunelm - nice bamboo, your stroke work is so good :) and I like the delicacy of the foliage in today's painting very much :)

@RFSMarch - hugs, it's difficult to feel 'd*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't'. seems we all just have to keep our own counsel as best we can.

@Alien Aspie - I do hope that this works out well for you soon.

@Muddy Cyclist - gorgeous photo's and I can see why you would want to use them as source material, I look forward to the results with anticipation :) Your dog pic is progressing well and your tree in pen and wash is great, a strong sketch and lovely colours.

@gennepher - a bit of an up and down day for you so I'm glad it's progressing in a positive direction. the finished result looks both effective and charming, the leaf background works :)

Interesting painting, I like the textures especially the scintillating 'bokeh' :)

art bit -

Every now and again I'm tempted to try a rainbow and I need the practice :hilarious:, this one was just a little bar under a cloud

upload_2020-11-27_19-28-19.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have put the shower curtain up at the bathroom windows. It looks good. I have put the plants back on the shoe rack shelving. Then put a new shoe rack up for more plants. I didn't have time to pot all the baby spider plants. It would take me a few days to do properly So I put a large containers under them (the next shelf down) so they could root themselves, and in January they may be ready to leave Mum!!! I would have liked nice pots for them, but I don't have any at the moment. This will be a project in January 2021

But in the meantime hopefully this idea works to help keep the flashing Xmas lights at bay. This photo is dark, because it is dark and cloudy outside. But it would be good for summer as that window is very light.

The real test comes tonight once Mr Insensitive's flashing lights come on at dark.

Fingers crossed.

Here is a taste of the Xmas themed rubber ducks...

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to starting outside the bathroom window, and making his sleigh, and for the reindeers...a bit of working out there...and other interesting decorations.

View attachment 45753

Here is a pic of the left side next...
View attachment 45754
I would like some more plants for that bottom bit, those things are temporary :)
The duck will have his sleigh outside tomorrow, hopefully.

The next one is the right side...
View attachment 45755
The terracotta trough is a little ugly, brought it in from the garden for the baby spider plants to grow in for the moment.
To the right of that is the Triffid, a plant which is trying to outgrow the bathroom. It is too big for the window..

I am knackered now. Need a sleep.

I will be back later after dark with another photo showing that this idea DOES work against the flashing lights...
Love the Christmas duck :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Every now and again I'm tempted to try a rainbow and I need the practice :hilarious:, this one was just a little bar under a cloud
Notoriously difficult. Trying to get that delicate yet strong colour is a nightmare. This is certainly a great rendition of the light rainbows give. Your hills are as excellent as usual. Nice piece of art.

Thanks for your comment regarding Sooty the dog, photos and tonight's tree.