Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
78.9kg this morning
Slight increase over last week, oh well, couldn’t last forever and weight does fluctuate and the overall trending weight on the webpage I use is going down so all good! :)

It’s important to look at the longer term and the trends to stop worrying. That’s what I’ve learnt

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Down about 0.5k but still not back in ketosis ( I check on Friday mornings same time as I weigh in) bg still a bit higher than I want too.
You’re right @Andydragon it’s the long term picture which counts, minor daily fluctuations are irrelevant really.
All in all I’m in a better condition than I would have been if I hadn’t found this forum and started to tackle my diabetes. Have a good weekend all

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost another 1lb this week - wooo hoo - just another 2lbs to my own personal target weight

Reactions: DJC3

SilverK

Having gained weight steadily since going on to insulin, I stopped weighing myself as it was getting depressing. I’d put on 7lbs. Today I gritted my teeth and weighed.
Very surprised, but I’m down 5lbs.
Bit worrying really as my sugars aren’t good. - The graph is good. Very little rise after meals and never more than 2, usually not even 1 as I restrict my carbs. Very few sudden drops. BUT. Despite increasing my morning and evening Lantus, my BG climbs over night and hits between 12 and 15 in the morning. It then takes literally all day to struggle back to single figures before climbing again.
I’m at a loss. I don’t know why it’s doing this. I don’t know why the curve is so high - and seems to be inching upwards every day. It’s so confusing. - I’m reverting to childhood and catch myself crossing my arms and muttering “it’s not fair”! I don’t quite stick my bottom lip out, but it’s coming!
Any ideas??

Reactions: Mrs T 123

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Having gained weight steadily since going on to insulin, I stopped weighing myself as it was getting depressing. I’d put on 7lbs. Today I gritted my teeth and weighed.
Very surprised, but I’m down 5lbs.
Bit worrying really as my sugars aren’t good. - The graph is good. Very little rise after meals and never more than 2, usually not even 1 as I restrict my carbs. Very few sudden drops. BUT. Despite increasing my morning and evening Lantus, my BG climbs over night and hits between 12 and 15 in the morning. It then takes literally all day to struggle back to single figures before climbing again.
I’m at a loss. I don’t know why it’s doing this. I don’t know why the curve is so high - and seems to be inching upwards every day. It’s so confusing. - I’m reverting to childhood and catch myself crossing my arms and muttering “it’s not fair”! I don’t quite stick my bottom lip out, but it’s coming!
Any ideas??
Your insulin may need changing @SilverK. In the mean while keep monitoring for your diabetic team. They need to see the pattern before they will change it. When do you see/hear from them next?
Are you sleeping properly? Interupted sleep interferes with fasting blood readings. I had to get medication or I never slept properly due to worrying about autistic little one having night traumas. I take turns with Mr ickihun. My over medicated thyroid being corrected as yet hasn't change my poor sleep. How is your thyroid function?
Your night resting bgs are a result of curculating glucose. The liver with help from metformin can work harder to help and overall improve your hba1c result.
Insulin therapy can become complicated if not monitored thoroughly. Brittle diabetes is a whole different ball game. I don't think you have that otherwise hypos are recurring many times daily, too. Not just hypers.
PM me if you think I can help more to avoid going off thread subject. Or start a new thread for a wider opinion?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed in Friday at 98kgs which is coming down after previous good weight (for me) of 96kgs. It elevated to 104kgs after stopping Furosemide but now back on it. Puffer fish look all gone. Phew!

Reactions: Mrs T 123

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 1.1kg gone this past week.
Glad to be holding to recent trend of around minus 1kg per week - appropriate for this very low cal/low carb phase (which I'm pushing on from 12 weeks as per some of Prof Taylor's research). Blood sugars over past 9 days suggest that I may be coming close to my personal functional marker shift.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today my weight is down to 77.4kg so Overall loss has slowed but that’s all okay. I’ve already exceeded my initial goal, nearly at my first stretch goal (76.2kg) and still deciding if I want to go for my 2nd stretch goal (69.8kg)

Generally pretty pleased. Good luck all!

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed this morning and back to 96kg. Looking forward to a special Christmas. All festive today due to a Christmas food shopping has started. Hidden Christmas stocking contents for little one. A complete shop being done in 2wks time. I've resigned myself to cooking on Christmas day for the sake of tradition. I don't eat much now-a-days. Still cook though. Here's me thought I'd escaped from Christmas day dishes. Sadly not this year. It could be worse. I keep telling myself. Next year will be different again. I'm sure.
Merry Christmas fellow dieters! :)

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1.2kg gone in past week, so that's 14.2kg down in this phase - soooo close to my first major goal of -15kg.

Trying to stay super focused until Christmas, then probably a sort of normal Christmas day, I can skip the root veggies, but don't think I will forgo a piece of Christmas pudding - then a big walk and some resistance exercises!. Will be back on the low-carb track the very next day. At least COVID-19 has reduced the number of pre-Christmas gatherings happening - so less temptation this year!

Reactions: ickihun and OB87

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still maintaining so may not be posting much til after the festive period or after the most likely gallbladder removal op, whichever variable occurs first.

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas weight-movers! :happy: :headphone: ;):happy:

Reactions: DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
76.2kg today which is 1.2kg down this week
I think it’s slightly misleading and I’m just having a fluctuation of the high loss side as I’m not expecting kg a week still.

It’s my 2nd target goal though. So pleased on that. Final goal is 70 but not sure as gym likely to increase my weight instead

Generally though, still ramping down

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
76kg today after a week of fluctuations
Human body is weird!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
75.2kg according to scales today, so still on downwards path. But I am well aware Christmas is coming and whilst I’m not going to be like previous years it’s been an awful year so will see

good luck all on your weight loss journey