Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

I took the courage to send an email to my team about the reoccurring hard, inflamed red lumps I get under my cannulas, it’s been happening too often. :( I’ll see what they say.

I woke up extremely high, 17.9, very ouch! Set and sensor change today. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1602000630029.jpg

Reactions: hh1 and MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, Black Friday sales are dangerous. I bought my mama an air fryer that she will be receiving on Sunday. I’m glad I was quick because it’s sold out now

Diabetes was absolutely horrible yesterday, I was high for 5 hours. I changed my site as well - a pinky ring formed in the shape of my cannula. But I’m finally back in range at 8.0.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you ever wish that your glucose meter had an arm that would dispense chocolate if you hit the right number? I could use some chocolate right now.

Oh, that would be lovely but at the same time, I won’t be getting any

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you follow along in the Pavlovian dog handbook, every low gets a treat. Maybe this is a reason I’m hypoglycemic unaware- waiting for a treat.

I stare at the clock and hoping my numbers are good enough for a treat but I fail most of the time, so I bolus for the treat

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Unhappy with the number on the monitor............................ double figures!!!!! so no badge for me. I do hope everyone else gets one
How long between bolus correction doses? I'm on Novorapid so I reckon 5hrs right?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,
Unhappy with the number on the monitor............................ double figures!!!!! so no badge for me. I do hope everyone else gets one
How long between bolus correction doses? I'm on Novorapid so I reckon 5hrs right?

I was told novo rapid is around 4 hours. Do you feel it tails off at the 5 hour mark?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told novo rapid is around 4 hours. Do you feel it tails off at the 5 hour mark?
Hi,
It's not always the same for everybody. But I find Novorapid can have a little kick in the tail at the 5 hour mark.?

Unusually, things went wrong for me this morning after fixing a savage hypo.. Somehow managing to scoot into the 22...
Meter check confirmed. 5u into my inner thigh. I was back within range 6.5 in just under two hours..

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
It's not always the same for everybody. But I find Novorapid can have a little kick in the tail at the 5 hour mark.?

Unusually, things went wrong for me this morning after fixing a savage hypo.. Somehow managing to scoot into the 22...
Meter check confirmed. 5u into my inner thigh. I was back within range 6.5 in just under two hours..

Hello, I’m only saying what my diabetes team have been saying - that novorapid has a 4 hour mark, but as you said we are all different.

Same discussion I had with my team about fiasp, peaks sooner and leaves the system sooner, but I argued that wasn’t the case for me.

Inner thigh? Ouch

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I’m only saying what my diabetes team have been saying - that novorapid has a 4 hour mark, but as you said we are all different.

Same discussion I had with my team about fiasp, peaks sooner and leaves the system sooner, but I argued that wasn’t the case for me.

Inner thigh? Ouch

Yeah... I debated with my endo that my Lantus was unstable. He suggested I wasn't injecting correctly.
I invited him to try a cartridge out for 18 days..? ;):banghead:

Hope yer well?

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, kind of new to the forum. Meichanski invited me along for a chat.
Long story short, I'm not doing to good at th moment. Recent hba1c was 133 and kidneys are stage 4. I've had a quick look around this section and it seems that this is a section of a bit of random chat. Which I feel I could really do with at the minute.
Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a quick look around this section and it seems that this is a section of a bit of random chat. Which I feel I could really do with at the minute.
Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Please chat away!
Sometimes chatting is the best way to give our minds some rest :)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I have had a strange little rash on my leg for a good few weeks now and after trying several topical treatments that were left over from previous ailments (and Mrs Urb' being able to buy absolutely anything over the counter in the Philippines) with negligible effect, I relented and contacted the quack using E-consult.

After a short phone chat he says I've tried everything he would have suggested so I have to give antibiotics a go.

2 days later I am at the pharmacy standing outside in the cold and phoning the number displayed on a board. Gave my personal details and confirmed that I had not been abroad, did not have a new cough, that I had a mask with me and that the ANTIBIOTICS were ready for collection. I was thus cleared to enter the building.

When my name was called out I stepped forward to the counter. Can you imagine my disbelief upon being presented not with ANTIBIOTICS but 1 packet of short acting insulin, 1 packet of long acting insulin and 2 boxes of needles. (Sighed) "I was expecting ANTIBIOTICS and not medication for diabetes."

Girl trots off to look at the computer and tells me there's been a mistake. Fortunately, they had the ANTIBIOTICS in stock so I got what I wanted but how hard can it be?

I think I have enough insulin in the fridge to get me through to March now, maybe that's long enough to get past any Brexit hiccups.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you imagine my disbelief upon being presented not with ANTIBIOTICS but 1 packet of short acting insulin, 1 packet of long acting insulin and 2 boxes of needles.
At least they didn't give insulin and needles to a non diabetic needing antibiotics :banghead:

Reactions: Clivethedrive