What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. The steroids have worked wonders on Archie's foot. We took his cone off this morning and he completely ignored his foot. Drove him to the Rec and he had his first walk for a week. He was so happy. So much more comfortable without the cone. @Muddycyclist Archie was doing exactly the same as Moet - blundering into everything, especially our shins.
Absolutely fantastic @Krystyna23040
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A busy end of week here
No fbg.....

But did.
Manage to swap one of our double beds over to a friends house.

Bed mattress whole caboodle in the back of the Honda civic.
Rebuilt and put up for her.

IMG_20201126_175102~01.jpg

One very happy friend, but one achey non 30 year old, it seems..lol

Furry nephew been good for me
Walking him most days and what began as half hour has morphed into 2-3 hours exploring the local area, Riverside & local parklands..

Revelation has been Chiswick house.
Drove past if for close on 40 years, never once considered going in....:banghead:

Blooming oasis...fav park for us both at moment.

Lauren's Family still the same, no change..( a good thing we hope)
Praying that each day means they inch past that dodgy 9 days period without mishap

And came across this BBC article.
Thought it worth a wider read.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-55057440

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A busy end of week here
No fbg.....

But did.
Manage to swap one of our double beds over to a friends house.

Bed mattress whole caboodle in the back of the Honda civic.
Rebuilt and put up for her.

View attachment 45778

One very happy friend, but one achey non 30 year old, it seems..lol

Furry nephew been good for me
Walking him most days and what began as half hour has morphed into 2-3 hours exploring the local area, Riverside & local parklands..

Revelation has been Chiswick house.
Drove past if for close on 40 years, never once considered going in....:banghead:

Blooming oasis...fav park for us both at moment.

Lauren's Family still the same, no change..( a good thing we hope)
Praying that each day means they inch past that dodgy 9 days period without mishap

And came across this BBC article.
Thought it worth a wider read.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-55057440
Lots of positives in your post, aches and pains well worth the helping sort friend with double bed.

Good link, good care a wonderful thing but not easy.

Hugs and winner for family fighting Covid.

Enjoy the exploring. Take care.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excuse the blatant abuse of pic sharing
But I've grown rather fond of the little chap ❤️

Here's a short pic link of le grande exploration.

Albert bridge

IMG_20201127_134259~01.jpg

Peace pagoda. Battersea park

IMG_20201127_135535~01.jpg

Inspecting the water at Putney

IMG_20201121_161611~01.jpg

An unusual headstone

IMG_20201125_095434~01.jpg

Fascinated by the ducks geese swans and assorted wildlife at Chiswick house

IMG_20201123_144223~01.jpg

And what better way to rest from that Long walk to Chiswick then to share lunch with a friend.
IMG_20201123_144600~01.jpg

A part of the Thames I never visited before
IMG_20201123_141215~01.jpg

And a view of it i'd I never seen before
IMG_20201123_140048~01.jpg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, please feel free to add yourself into either category or possibly both categories.

A 5.5 this morning on that meter of misbehaving and mystery.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have you put your Christmas decorations up yet? Lots of people have, in me and me's opinion they should concentrate on obtaining sprouts, around here and there, sprouts are rarer than unicorns eggs.

Have a great day and remember the month still has a November in it, December is the time for decorations and Christmas carols. Mrs J is listening to Christmas carols and this afternoon will start festooning the house with #@%&#€¥ decorations grrrrrr.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Albert bridge

View attachment 45779

View attachment 45780

View attachment 45789

An unusual headstone

View attachment 45781

View attachment 45785

And what better way to rest from that Long walk to Chiswick then to share lunch with a friend.
View attachment 45784

View attachment 45786

View attachment 45787
Some fantastic exploring, who's walking who? :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have you put your Christmas decorations up yet?
No! Christmas tree was mentioned this morning but as I'm the one who will get it out of the loft mid December sounds adventurous enough for me. And anyway we still have no floors. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Albert bridge

View attachment 45779

View attachment 45780

View attachment 45789

An unusual headstone

View attachment 45781

View attachment 45785

View attachment 45784

View attachment 45786

View attachment 45787

Thank you @jjraak for the absolutely wonderful tour.
I thoroughly enjoyed that.
More please?????

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, please feel free to add yourself into either category or possibly both categories.

A 5.5 this morning on that meter of misbehaving and mystery.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have you put your Christmas decorations up yet? Lots of people have, in me and me's opinion they should concentrate on obtaining sprouts, around here and there, sprouts are rarer than unicorns eggs.

Have a great day and remember the month still has a November in it, December is the time for decorations and Christmas carols. Mrs J is listening to Christmas carols and this afternoon will start festooning the house with #@%&#€¥ decorations grrrrrr.
There are absolutely no Christmas decorations in my house at Christmas @alf_Josiah The beauty of living on one's own. I have done enough Christmases in the past. I will however send Christmas cards, if I ever get round to making them this year...
Enjoy yourself...

However I am making an exception this year, a Christmas grotto, outside the bathroom window, for Mr Insenstive to see when he opens his curtains in the morning.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some fantastic exploring, who's walking who? :)

Indeed.

I like to think it's HIS walk.
I just help remind him to observe the highway code and social distancing protocols .

@gennepher .
I take so many pics fur his mum to show the walk itself and points i find interesting or unusual.

Have video of Chiswick house.
It has a tiny waterfall.

Frankie approached quite happily, but then suddenly spotted it, stopped in horror, then turned tail el pronto and with much rapido..

Funny as a funny thing .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has been raining. The very fine rain that penetrates everything.
So not much work done on the Christmas grotto outside the bathroom window.
However, I have been out there once I realised next door was out, just to see if there is anything else I can do about placement of stuff before I work out the actual Christmas grotto display.

I had thought what I had done outside should have worked a little better. I had used some reed screening some days ago to see how well that would work, and then I placed recently cut bamboo in it, hoping the leaves would more or less stay on them for just over a month. But the flashing lights still came over them and into the bathroom window, which is why I did the shower curtain on the bathroom window yesterday.

I had thought the bamboo, with leaves on was higher than his gutter where the flashing lights are. But when I woke up this morning my brain said 'angle of incidence'...so I researched, downloaded some apps. And with the angle of incidence lines and diagrams and Google photographic maps of his house, I realised his gutters where the flashing lights were on was much higher than mine. Hence I was fighting a losing battle.

So, I went in the garage, brought out some reed screening I was going to use for something else next year, doubled it over and balanced it on the bathroom window ledge, leaned it over to the top of the other reed screening and cable tied it together. It is now a few feet higher than my bathroom window. And the angle of incidence should be such that even less flashing lights get through. Just at that moment my neighbour came back in his car, so I came in.

I was expecting the bathroom to now look too dark. But it wasn't any darker in the bathroom.

The test will be tonight at dark when his lights come on. I took a photo last night in the dark bathroom, so I know what it looked like yesterday.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed.

I like to think it's HIS walk.
I just help remind him to observe the highway code and social distancing protocols .

@gennepher .
I take so many pics fur his mum to show the walk itself and points i find interesting or unusual.

Have video of Chiswick house.
It has a tiny waterfall.

Frankie approached quite happily, but then suddenly spotted it, stopped in horror, then turned tail el pronto and with much rapido..

Funny as a funny thing .
I wonder what startled/fazed Frankie about the water?
You have a great walking ground @jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 today

Lots of birds about here just now :) on the way home from Mum's yesterday we noticed a flock of gulls following a ploughing tractor, a big flock of grey geese in a field where there had been potatoes harvested and a flock of about 100 swans browsing amongst the stubble a couple of fields further over. Loch Eye is nearby and it's an SSI.
Fortunately we haven't had as many bird strike power cuts so far this year :joyful:

The local Hydro board (power company ;) ) started putting wind spinners on some of the power lines across noted bird flight paths last year, they look like small, flat sheets of plastic with a fluorescent patch on one side and a bit of that shiny hologram pattern on the other, they are on a sort of swivel and spin in the wind, seems to work :)

a quiet day sorting out kitchen stuff, I think plastic storage boxes breed when we're not looking :hilarious:

do a bit of knitting, a bit of painting, a bit of cooking and there you have my day :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - cute hedgehog, all curled up ;) and an interesting one for today, a watchful observer over a serene Santa ;)
and I see the cunning Xmas fence is coming on by leaps and bounds :D

@dunelm - very good fluid foliage and I like your fisherman, is he of the ilk that uses a cormorant too? we had a visiting cormorant down by the harbour last year :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like you have a full creative program for today :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - glad Archie is progressing so well :)

@jjraak - enjoyed the pictures, good travel in good company ;)

art bits -
no 1 - one of my quick(ish) tree pencil sketches

upload_2020-11-28_15-3-43.jpeg

no 2 -

memory of an uphill walk on a sunny day a couple of years ago

upload_2020-11-28_15-5-21.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O ther than working on the Brass Buttle I think my oil painting of sons dog is finished. Lost him with a few brush strokes, got him back with a few more so I dare not do any more in case he vanishes again. A3 oil about 2 hours painting and a lot of time waiting for dry enough oil paint....
IMG_4174.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
O ther than working on the Brass Buttle I think my oil painting of sons dog is finished. Lost him with a few brush strokes, got him back with a few more so I dare not do any more in case he vanishes again. A3 oil about 2 hours painting and a lot of time waiting for dry enough oil paint....
View attachment 45793

VERY Nice :happy:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher so show missed your painting today, just seen it. You say no Christmas decorations but I notice Santa creeping across the bottom of your art, love the look of contempt on the Covid.
No Christmas decorations inside my house @Muddy Cyclist but I am more than willing to do a Xmas grotto, outside my bathroom window, for my neighbour, Mr Insensitive, for him to gaze upon daily...
This painting was a hint of what will be out there, but rain all day delayed the grotto for today. So this painting was a taste of what might be awaiting him...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 45793
Aww...a cute little soul @Muddy Cyclist
You have done him proud.