What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1592328488597.jpg

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.7 on finger prick and 7.7 on Libre... I cant work out why is it so high except that for last few days my daughter had slight fever and throat infection and perhaps I have got it as well. Its still fairly good considering i am not taking any medication and still the readings are all in single digits... but it is making me scared if what i saw early on was temporary and soon things will go haywire again. I just need to keep myself motivated and stay the course....

During the high blood glucose days I had developed an eye sty.. it was even operated once back in 2015 and the more recent one subsided after applying the eye ointment pharmacist gave... I have this morning however woke up to a scary looking black mole kind of thing on my lower eyelid on the inside... not visible normally but only when i pulled the eyelid down to check the redness i saw this horrible looking thing... I wonder if its Infact the sty getting healed with a month of normal sugar levels and this is the dried out skin and will fall off by itself... I would consult the surgery if and when they can give me an appointment but all the above combined are are making me just too worried and depressed :(

Would be keen to hear if anyone has experience of this kind of stuff...View attachment 45790

Good news ... that black thing has come off just now all by itself. I read a lot about it and looks like its called chalaziaon and it becomes black when it has opened and it comes out. Sometimes it comes off by itself which happened in my case qnd sometimes it needs to be surgically removed. Big sigh of relief. :)

Also just felt that my finger prick strips were messed up so got a new box and hey presto the reading 2 hours after dinner was 6.3 while old strip was showing 8 and libre was showing 6.6...so the old strips box has gone to the bin...:):)

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 via Swipey. Accurate? - probs not; Dangerous? likewise. Sub-optimal - completely. The bigger problem is the dogs wrecked Julie's favourite winter boots (good job I was about well before 5.00) and I will find it almost impossible to resist "I told you to wait before getting them/now you know how I felt about my Timberland boat shoes back in the day". :arghh: