What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.3 today

Sunday lunch at mum's was chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon, very tasty. Chocolate LC sponge with custard (egg yolk, double cream and water sweetend with truvia) and some blueberries for afters ;)

Poor mr gee is currently patching up his wounds, Katy went out into the garden for a mooch about and the usual things small dogs do, she didn't come back and we couldn't find her, panic ensued :sorry:

we shouted and squeaked her favourite toy all round the garden, nothing, then mr gee found her in the bramble bush she was wound up in. She didn't bark for help but she was well stuck, mr gee mostly extricated her and I followed up with the scissors cutting the remaining brambles out of her wool. He's just bathing his scratches with TCP and adding sticking plaster, Katy, on the other hand, is scratch free and not fazed at all ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - the project moves on :joyful: a good idea for your art series, Covid corvid is strong and I like the idea of using the old cd's ;) very inventive.

art bit - my take on a work by David Bellamy, I like the way he handles colour and distance :)

View attachment 45833

Poor Mr Gee :(

Thank you for the painting and project compliments @geefull

I like David Bellamy's work also.
Your painting is wonderful, and I love the sky.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

Sunday lunch at mum's was chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon, very tasty. Chocolate LC sponge with custard (egg yolk, double cream and water sweetend with truvia) and some blueberries for afters ;)

Poor mr gee is currently patching up his wounds, Katy went out into the garden for a mooch about and the usual things small dogs do, she didn't come back and we couldn't find her, panic ensued :sorry:

we shouted and squeaked her favourite toy all round the garden, nothing, then mr gee found her in the bramble bush she was wound up in. She didn't bark for help but she was well stuck, mr gee mostly extricated her and I followed up with the scissors cutting the remaining brambles out of her wool. He's just bathing his scratches with TCP and adding sticking plaster, Katy, on the other hand, is scratch free and not fazed at all ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - very characterful portrait of Sooty dog, the eyes hold your gaze :joyful: and an interesting plein air sketch, you've manage to capture the feel of the trees receding into the mist very well.

@lindisfel - hope things have improved for you :)

@gennepher - the project moves on :joyful: a good idea for your art series, Covid corvid is strong and I like the idea of using the old cd's ;) very inventive.

@Alien Aspie - I moved my system files over to a 500Gb SSD earlier this year :)

@dunelm - two great trees today, I like the looseness of the foliage in the first and the second conifer is very statuesque ;) the moon's ready for the penumbral eclipse tomorrow :)

@ianpspurs - cinnamon, vanilla and mixed baking spice :joyful:

art bit - my take on a work by David Bellamy, I like the way he handles colour and distance :)

View attachment 45833
Thank you for sooty painting compliment and Plein Air trees.

As for David Bellamy and colour in the distance he's almost as good as you, but not quite in my opinion. Great mountain watercolour.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those words fit that sketch of those trees beautifully @Muddy Cyclist
Trees do have an eerie quality in mist...
Thank you. Eerie but wonderful, I enjoy walking through forests at night, no torch, just let the darkness wrap itself around you. I used to Bike ride at night but lights are needed now I enjoy walking in the darkness, my favourite walks is no moon and crisp frost.

lindisfel

Expert

4.3 today

@Muddy Cyclist - very characterful portrait of Sooty dog, the eyes hold your gaze :joyful: and an interesting plein air sketch, you've manage to capture the feel of the trees receding into the mist very well.

@dunelm - two great trees today, I like the looseness of the foliage in the first and the second conifer is very statuesque ;) the moon's ready for the penumbral eclipse tomorrow :)

View attachment 45833

Many thanks geeful for your good wishes.
Its was a good 48 hours I have felt rubbish.
I never got them until I was 63.
Now I am feeling a lot better.
Best wishes
Derek

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A peaceful Sunday yet I have a feeling cat war may break out soon...Lola does not do sharing & poor Charlie just has to wait...and wait...and wait...a new fluffy large cat bed has been ordered to break the deadlock wondering if either will use it.
View attachment 45828 View attachment 45829
I have the same thing with Archie and Poppy. They have identical tug toys but will both tussle over the same tug toy. They do exactly the same with a chew.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Eerie but wonderful, I enjoy walking through forests at night, no torch, just let the darkness wrap itself around you. I used to Bike ride at night but lights are needed now I enjoy walking in the darkness, my favourite walks is no moon and crisp frost.
I still have good night sight with no torch. But can't do the walking now :(
I like seeing what the silvery moon is going to highlight...
It is special...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope it doesn't emerge @HarryBeau
By the way, my neighbour's flashing lights are barely 5 metres from my windows.
No sign of it so far gennepher...they have a more gentler flashing fairy lights around the pillars on their porch...so fingers crossed...a very impressive nature barrier you've done in your bathroom...if the neighbour adds more I'll be sending Charlie & Lola over with some mini wire cutters.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do exactly the same with a chew
I've ordered them a new bed now wondering why...the cat cave pyramid one is still upstairs unused...but I remian hopeful they'll use this one it's big enough for two...watch this space.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up super early anti-coagulant clinic this morning...tempted to put it off but if I get a decent INR level I may not have to go until the New Year...decisions early in the morning are not my forte...will mull it over with another coffee...a very lazy weekend (again) the more time I spend at home the less I seem to do...work is busy but I have to push myself to do other things...woke to a 6.9...keep safe everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Today's challenge for me is to resist saying "I told you so" to an ailing Julie. Why? The pups/dogs burst out of the shelter they have used from day one and chewed many things. The most precious was a boot of which I believe Julie was especially fond and had acquired at a bargain price. It will do no good but will be nigh on impossible not to say "now you know how I felt about the Timberland boat shoes your last bad decision ate." or "I said all along we shouldn't have dogs until this place was ready." Good job today was another 4.30 start before more damage was done. Fbg was 5.3 - very, very sub-optimal but could be any or all of three reasons: new sensor which was way off yesterday; widening food choices (still v low carb/sub keto level hence 4.30 wake up) or a cold/off colour somehow. Have a safe and useful day whilst I battle the urge to utter that phrase.:arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Not sure what the day will bring, certainly not a Muddy Bike ride it's very unappealing outside.

Over the weekend more flashing Christmas lights appeared in the Close, some very tasteful around doors with well displayed garlands and others just tat. Still it's festive on these dark nights and a tree in our front garden manages to block out the tattiest of displays.

Stay young at heart, embrace time and remember the best things in life are free. Keep safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for appreciation of Chimney Sweeps Brush I painted.

Two grand Trees from you, I truly admire your approach to trees, excellent.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I like to stick to the so called rules of Chinese painting when it comes to trees and with sumi-e it can go a bit nuts. I will attempt some groupings that show different methods with both trees and leaves.
I really like your pine trees fading into the fog - smashing

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 45833
Chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon - oh yes! Poor Mr G indeed - he needs a rest - perhaps a walk in that superb valley up to the mountains in your painting. Really like this one - great use of light and delicate application to the landscape.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I like to stick to the so called rules of Chinese painting when it comes to trees and with sumi-e it can go a bit nuts. I will attempt some groupings that show different methods with both trees and leaves.
I really like your pine trees fading into the fog - smashing
Thank you. I look forward to the examples of trees. It's a big learning curve for me this Chinease painting, finding it fascinating.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Today's challenge for me is to resist saying "I told you so" to an ailing Julie. Why? The pups/dogs burst out of the shelter they have used from day one and chewed many things. The most precious was a boot of which I believe Julie was especially fond and had acquired at a bargain price. It will do no good but will be nigh on impossible not to say "now you know how I felt about the Timberland boat shoes your last bad decision ate." or "I said all along we shouldn't have dogs until this place was ready." Good job today was another 4.30 start before more damage was done. Fbg was 5.3 - very, very sub-optimal but could be any or all of three reasons: new sensor which was way off yesterday; widening food choices (still v low carb/sub keto level hence 4.30 wake up) or a cold/off colour somehow. Have a safe and useful day whilst I battle the urge to utter that phrase.:arghh:
Hugs for the aftermath of mischievous pups. May I suggest empathy may be a better plan than rubbing salt in Julie's wounds, it will score you more points in the long run, who knows you might even get a better Christmas present, Santa is watching. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wet and dreary start to St Andrews day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a low carb shepherds pie with roasted cauliflower greens came in at 5.2 this am

Brand loyalty crying going on today but Philip is not green with envy. I shall just go for things well made, long lasting and without thoughts of using my body as a free advertising board. I could get into the the habit of some sort of tunic with a scapular and cowl.
More decorations moving in stealth mode yesterday, drifting silently into the house as if the attic is not creaking under the weight of jingle all the way. Very soon it will be Vicky Leandros. singing Süßer die Glocken nie klingen.

Not a full tree today - just the local branch. Hope you are all well, I think we have just about finished with gift collecting - some wrapping up to do and a bit of tithing for local food bank. Koffy is ready.

upload_2020-11-30_8-35-26.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All the very best of luck with any boot baiting - with hospitals filling quickly my may need to bring in some home help.