Never feels right

Socio45

Ok so I'm a type 1 diabetic who has had the condition since 2. It's all I've known for as long as I can remember. But does anyone get this feeling where, no matter how good your bloods are, no matter how consistent you are that the condition just doesn't sit right? I'm use to injections, tests, check ups, etc. But there is this overwhelming feeling of dread, it's really hard to describe, like you're half dead and half alive I suppose. I know it's not burnout because I've experienced that before. I'm really hoping it's not depression but you do feel like you're failing even though everyone tells you you're doing well. I'm hopefully going to get some professional help and I suggest anyone experiencing something similar to do the same. Oh and I just turned 21 so maybe it's just where I'm at now but I'm not sure.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok so I'm a type 1 diabetic who has had the condition since 2. It's all I've known for as long as I can remember. But does anyone get this feeling where, no matter how good your bloods are, no matter how consistent you are that the condition just doesn't sit right? I'm use to injections, tests, check ups, etc. But there is this overwhelming feeling of dread, it's really hard to describe, like you're half dead and half alive I suppose. I know it's not burnout because I've experienced that before. I'm really hoping it's not depression but you do feel like you're failing even though everyone tells you you're doing well. I'm hopefully going to get some professional help and I suggest anyone experiencing something similar to do the same. Oh and I just turned 21 so maybe it's just where I'm at now but I'm not sure.

Hi there. My own personal opinion is that diabetes seems to get the blame for EVERYTHING a person may be feeling or going through, especially by the Professionals. Feeling off?, diabetes, feeling down?, diabetes, every ache & pain?, diabetes and on and on. Maybe, just maybe us diabetics want the right to be depressed about something else same as anyone else! I'm being flippant I know because if you are depressed then you need help. Please speak to your GP, because at least if they are able to check your bloods for anything lacking etc, they can then look at what might be causing it mentally. Could you explain more about the feeling it doesn't 'sit right'?. x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Socio45 ,

Welcome to the forum.
Are these feelings recent? I can appreciate being 21 under these current C19 conditions is not ideal.

Finding pro help is a positive way forward.

Best wishes.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Socio45 It’s hard to really know what’s going on there’s so many variables to life with t1, I struggle at this time of year with reduced daylight, onslaught of Xmas fast approaching as well as the ongoing grind of t1. It’s best as already suggested to get everything checked with your GP to make sure you tick all the boxes there before analysing your t1, it’s easy to feel out of control with your t1 when you’re not hitting your range and feeling right but make an appointment tomorrow and have a check up first - best wishes J