What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news is.

Got handed into one of my banks branches.
Collected Saturday .

ALL accounted for..:singing::D

Renews faith,
But sadly no contact details to say a proper thank you
That is such good news. You hear so much on the media about all the bad things that people do and it is so easy to forget that there are a lot of good people around.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

a brightish but cold and windy day here today so I tackled the plastic storage box mountain again ;) and sorted out the kitchen cupboard with all the kitchen impedimenta in it, baking tins, silicon stuff etc. etc. and got rid of a big bag full, half into the recycling and half into the charity donations :angelic: so I'm feeling quite virtuous, won't last of course :D

St Andrew's Day today and my birthday so I'm currently eating LC chocolate cake with whipped cream :p

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - handsome green needle foliage :joyful: I do like how you manage to create a strong and balanced composition.

@ianpspurs - hugs to Julie, it's good news that the boots can be replaced though.

@RFSMarch - good luck for the outcome :)

@jjraak - good news indeed about your wallet :)

@alf_Josiah - well done, a new 12 month ticket ;)

@gennepher - those are nice delicate bamboo fronds floating in front of the full moon :)

art bit - Youtube offered me a link to a video about painting autumn foliage in acrylic, didn't watch the video but I thought I'd have a go anyway ;)

View attachment 45857
I do like your painting. The Autumn colours are stunning.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Awake at 2:34 am. So much to do.

Before Covid, I was never this busy. What happened?

I have been writing Christmas postcrossing postcards. I made a bid on eBay and won a whole pile of old Xmas postcards. Used them all up now.

I still need to write the UK Christmas cards...about 62 of them, and then the neighbours Christmas cards...

Yesterday I couldn't get any double cream anywhere. In fact no dairy cream anywhere. It is my treat in a morning with my coffee. Only I don't mix it in my coffee, I pour carefully on the back of a spoon so it sits on top of my coffee. That is my daily first thing in a morning treat.

Had a black coffee, I like black coffee, but it is not a treat.

So, was thinking. J had told me has father was in a Russian prison (I don't know where the prison was, but he met some interesting people). J was 20 years older than me, and his father was quite old when he had J. And so you are talking of very early 1900's. I think it was maybe mid 1910's. And J's father told J that the prison guards put butter in their morning coffee. J's father absolutely detested this butter floating on top of his coffee. But I am guessing this was to stave off hunger of the prisoners. J's father was a ship's captain, and was probably up to shenanigans on the docks where his ship was, or visiting certain establishments in the nearby town where his ship was. The ship's stoker always stayed with the ship, always keeping the engines ready for a quick getaway.

This proved very useful in 1923 tsunami when they were in Tokyo. The ship's crew realised the second the felt a tremor, and leapt out of bed from their night of enjoyment and raced down the streets, with no clothes on. Every second was precious. The stoker had the ship engines up and running, and once the last man got on board (J's father never left anyone behind), they were heading out to sea. But the huge wave was coming at them. J said his father said you had to take the wave head on, you didn't know if you were coming out the other side of all this water above you. But they did. He was a very skilled sea Captain.

So I tried this butter in my coffee, hence these memories of what J told me. Guess what? I like a knob of salted butter in my black coffee. It is actually okay.

I need to get dressed now, get ready to post these postcards and envelopes to my Postcrossing people.

And do some shopping before the crowds descend.

And come back to write these UK postcards, and go back out to post them, come back to bed and go back to sleep.....

Seize the day...
Have fun...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good evening all :)

4.6 today

a brightish but cold and windy day here today so I tackled the plastic storage box mountain again ;) and sorted out the kitchen cupboard with all the kitchen impedimenta in it, baking tins, silicon stuff etc. etc. and got rid of a big bag full, half into the recycling and half into the charity donations :angelic: so I'm feeling quite virtuous, won't last of course :D

St Andrew's Day today and my birthday so I'm currently eating LC chocolate cake with whipped cream

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - handsome green needle foliage :joyful: I do like how you manage to create a strong and balanced composition.

@ianpspurs - hugs to Julie, it's good news that the boots can be replaced though.

@RFSMarch - good luck for the outcome :)

@jjraak - good news indeed about your wallet :)

@alf_Josiah - well done, a new 12 month ticket ;)

@gennepher - those are nice delicate bamboo fronds floating in front of the full moon :)

art bit - Youtube offered me a link to a video about painting autumn foliage in acrylic, didn't watch the video but I thought I'd have a go anyway ;)

View attachment 45857
Happy birthday

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Cold and frosty here so I will make the most of the sunshine and get out for a Muddy Bike Ride.

Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning all. Been a beautiful moonlit night and good day in prospect and a morning chatting on zoom with other old guys in prospect, which I enjoy.

Covid numbers have dropped in our area of Cumbria to 117.3 which is better.

Looks like we are going to have real problems with brexit in January when other trade deals across the world fail when we leave Europe.

Apparently the government will be as dynamic and prepared as they were at the start of covid.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Travelled back to the Midlands today.
Errant was quiet on journey and settled into motorhome straight away. Our friends have checked on leaks while we were away so we have a dry bed, fired up the heating, Dinner in the oven, glass of wine each good to be home.
Still concerned about Son1, that's not going away any time soon, but he is definitely better while working.
Sounds cosy.

Our son is going through a similar situation, many hours on phone to us each time the hurt happens usually as a result of contact from his ex. It can get very distressing and hard to deal with, hug for your worries.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG this morning, bit pointless after yesterday's indulgence in chocolate coated cheesecake.
Errant is obviously more relaxed now he is back in the familiar environment of the motorhome. The cat has gone right back to his previous morning routine, call to be let out of bathroom, eat breakfast, then he expects to sleep on my lap for at least an hour. This is when I play my online game, it's a quiet activity and allows MrSlim to sleep longer.
But, cat waking me before 7am is not so welcome in the winter... I really would prefer a bit longer in my cosy bed.. .

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Sounds cosy.

Our son is going through a similar situation, many hours on phone to us each time the hurt happens usually as a result of contact from his ex. It can get very distressing and hard to deal with, hug for your worries.
Hugs to you too. It can be very difficult to know what to say. There seems to be nothing useful i can do. If the situation changes and he has to stop work again, it would be a very bad thing for Son1.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
December the oneth cometh again ready or no. Belated happy birthday @geefull and as per usual artwork boils my bacon nicely. Great fbg @Muddy Cyclist and amazing story about J's father @gennepher. Oh, and well done on finding a version of bulletproof coffee you like. Swipey laid a 4.8 on me today. Bah, humbug etc but such is life. Much wheel turning inside Ian's noggin during Advent - I'm led to believe that is as it should be. Memory lane sat nav currently has me in December 1986 with God knitting my firstborn together in the womb (love that passage) and Johnny Mathis' when a child is born doing interesting (very good) things as it did then. Posting here is a good "release shot"/nudge into the leg side as it were. Allows me to get down the other end (always the best place to play top class oppo bowlers) see how others deal with things and assess my game plan. Only, I bat left handed and all you guys seem to be right handers:angelic: To Newmarket today to collect Julie's new specs. May see some of the truly beautiful horses there- always a win. Pip Pip Old Toots.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet, wind free morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of roast chicken and some greens came in at a flat line 5.0 this am.

There has been talk of Christmas gifts - I have added a replacement microplane grater to my list together with long sleeved t shirts. Can’t think of anything else that I want or need - a good day out would be nice. A hug from the grandchildren.

@gennepher - lovely moonlight sonata and the flying bamboo - how is the grotto progressing?
@geefull - beautiful pale, autumnal colours in your painting - belated birthday wishes.
@Muddy Cyclist - Pine in the park. Your mountain scenes are coming along nicely. I can already see that distinctive Cullen ridge and a scramble along Crib Goch.

Youngest grandchild will be along in a while so it’s probably a duck and squirrel feeding morning. Today’s pictures - looking at some of the ways that foliage is depicted in Chinese art. Have a wonderful first day of December - overseas greeting cards to be done but first, Koffy.

upload_2020-12-1_8-49-27.jpeg

upload_2020-12-1_8-49-12.jpeg

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning and welcome to a new month :)

Nearly the end of 2020, what else could possibly go wrong? Well, the boiler packed yesterday so no heating or hot water with repairs due tomorrow. Tree cutting also begins tomorrow which will be interesting as they have to partly work where the new astro-lawn was laid. I see tears before bedtime.

Belated birthday wishes to @geefull

Enjoy the day ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Been a beautiful moonlit night and good day in prospect and a morning chatting on zoom with other old guys in prospect, which I enjoy.

Covid numbers have dropped in our area of Cumbria to 117.3 which is better.

Looks like we are going to have real problems with brexit in January when other trade deals across the world fail when we leave Europe.

Apparently the government will be as dynamic and prepared as they were at the start of covid.
D.
I'm horrified that you haven't grasped the truly liberating opportunities Gump and Co will produce. The deal will be sprinkled with Fairy Dust as sure as (Unicorn) eggs is eggs. Away you naysayer talking down this (60-70% is better than 95%) country. The meeja, remoaners/woke/anyone thinking for themselves have got to ya, Derek. I'm beyond excited about the prospect of feeding as much antibiotic, growth hormone riddled meat as I can to my grandchildren. Assuming the ports still function. Away all you health and longevity woke mongrels. We perhaps need the oven checked out though. That ready meal is still soggy in the middle, some parts uncooked/still frozen and all a tad unappetising to my untrained eye.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 when I got up this morning, oops! Immediately had toast and Marmite and a mug of tea. Had carbonara last night with white pasta so I cut down on the portion size. I’ll stick to the red lentil pasta much lower GI and works better for me.
Welcome @Mustaffa and I hope the tea and toast worked their magic. Marmite is, of course, a sure fire winner as is tea. Top stuff right there.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 ➡️
Outgoing Swipey - and it lasted ok as blood letting day draws ever closer and I think I made a mistake trying to get it sorted out 'locally' rather than risk driving to a different hospital and feeling a little woozy afterwards!
Options are: Hope that the bus service will be devoid of local school kids so I can get on a bus for 'non-school service' or run back, grab the car and drive to Richmond Park and hope that I can park at Kingston Gate and walk there.

Talking of cars, the Mini Beast-of-Burden has been dutifully dropped off for an MOT - I am rather glad the more expensive Mini Garage the other side of town reminded me that my MOT is actually due at the end of December otherwise I would have been completely oblivious, still thinking my MOT date was the same as my former Audi!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 ➡️
Outgoing Swipey - and it lasted ok as blood letting day draws ever closer and I think I made a mistake trying to get it sorted out 'locally' rather than risk driving to a different hospital and feeling a little woozy afterwards!
Options are: Hope that the bus service will be devoid of local school kids so I can get on a bus for 'non-school service' or run back, grab the car and drive to Richmond Park and hope that I can park at Kingston Gate and walk there.

Talking of cars, the Mini Beast-of-Burden has been dutifully dropped off for an MOT - I am rather glad the more expensive Mini Garage the other side of town reminded me that my MOT is actually due at the end of December otherwise I would have been completely oblivious, still thinking my MOT date was the same as my former Audi!
Very best wishes for the journey and blood letting - resist leeches they are so last year, darling. Let's hope Kingston Hospital has a better recruitment policy than when Julie and her crew were felt to be suitable.:angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I tried this butter in my coffee, hence these memories of what J told me. Guess what? I like a knob of salted butter in my black coffee. It is actually okay.
Really lovely memories J had of his father.

Good that salted butter works in your coffee. It does make you wonder - where has all the cream gone.

Oh no - writing this has just set off another ear worm. Where have all the flowers gone - Peter Paul and Mary.