What should you do when your friends eat choclate

Chi'ch

SarahQ said:
Chi'ch said:
Have a bit when you have a hypo :D

Oh no not a good idea. Have you not heard that chocolate makes your clothes shrink? :mrgreen: :lol:
Ahh, shhhh!
At the mo, my clothes aren't shrinking, but the chocolate will probably come back and haunt me when I am in my 40's, and shrink my clothes.
I better make the most of the next 20 years while I can :(

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I have one regular thorntons after each meal. 8 something grammes of sugar and it does not affect my bgs one little bit.

I actually prefer the taste of the thornton's diabetic chocolate but seeing as the nutritional difference is meagre it doesn't really matter, as long as you only have one!

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
At his very moment on Radio 3, they are discussing whether Henry Purcell died of chocolate poisoning ... :evil:

steve_sandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
tend to buy and eat the 85% cocoa from aldi, comes in small bars wrapped within the block, or get green and black's tend to have one lump per day or so

tastes much better than the cadbury milky pap that kids seem to like :)

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
At this very moment I am currently absorbing (by osmosis, according to Garfield) a lovely 40 gramme bar of saindsburys taste the different 85% chocolate (it was on half price this week until I bought about 6 bars of the stuff so there's probably a massive shortage!) ... it lasts a lovely long time ;) ;) nudge wink /// and this whole diabetes thing has made me savour foods much more ... it's like beginning of appreciating something fine for the first time ;) ... J/.x

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Is the Sainsbury's chocolate still half price? :wink: :?:

Jem

Dislikes
depends on whether or not I bought their entire stock!!! I think so - last time I went in the shelf ticket still shoed half price :) ... hmmm ... maybe time for today's little chocolate-ness? ha!
xxx

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Definately have to have a look tonight on way home. Unless some else has bought them all!! :lol:
Try one and keep one or two for xmas :D

Jem

Dislikes
oh hell noooooooooooo ... one a day babe and if I run out then I'll just have to start being able to afford the green and blacks ones - I am sooooo not giving this little obsession up!

anyone wanna buy a kidney? Mie's pretty at the mo, no nephropathy just yet!

think how much 85% chocolate that could buy? what's a good single kidney worth these days? maybe £35k? or I could pay off some of the mortgage NAH chocolate more important haha!

Best Jem xox

gillyh

Dislikes
The kidney's worth more abroad :lol: Could pay off your mortgage and get some chocoalte :lol:

Jem

Dislikes
a-haaaaaaa - I like your thinking!!!!!

*jem runs off to find out 24hour parcel rates to Bulgaria*

gillyh

Dislikes
I like yours too. Totally mad!! Helps in this insane asylum we call life!! :mrgreen:

Jem

Dislikes
you wanna sell one of yours too? we could get bulk shipping discount = more chocolate :D :lol:

gillyh

Dislikes
MMMM...if my kidney's okay. Went into jonathan Graves shop last night. Loved the variety they had but came out with nothing!!!! What nuts are low in carbohydrates? I know hazlenuts are one of the lowest. :?

Jem

Dislikes
Macadamias are supremely low in carbs ;) hence my addiction :D

Brazil nuts are low - I can't find the right link I was looking for but if you google "carb vlaues in nuts" then you should come up with some useful information - however, packers seem to vary so it's worth just checking each packet and looking for the total amount of carbohydrates per 100grammes ... if it's under 10g/100g then I think it's pretty good, Sainsbury's salted roasted macadamia nuts come in at 4.something ;) *YAY*

Best, J/x

gillyh

Dislikes
Have to get vegetables and some brown bread tonight so will look out for them...nuts that is. You're getting me curious as to the macadamia nuts. :? Only nut I won't eat is the plain peanut and cashew nuts. Salted I like in minute amounts. :wink: :twisted:

Jem

Dislikes
Peanuts and cashews (neither of which are "true nuts" I'm told) are probably some of the worst (in terms of higher carbs) so that's a good choice :)

They (macadamia nuts) taste great on their own and divine salted ;)

Happy shopping!!

J/xxx