What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As stated I was not happy with my Black Cullen Mountain Sky so I started again, this one ilikemuch better. A4 about 1 hour so far which included 20 minutes for sky to dry, will finish Wednesday.
View attachment 45890
Painting this I feel the urge to get out on to the mountains again, will we ever be allowed one wonders? Although my old knees may struggle, I can climb but going down is difficult.
That looks great - wonderful dramatic sky and good ridge - looking forward to seeing the finished painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As stated I was not happy with my Black Cullen Mountain Sky so I started again, this one ilikemuch better. A4 about 1 hour so far which included 20 minutes for sky to dry, will finish Wednesday.
View attachment 45890
Painting this I feel the urge to get out on to the mountains again, will we ever be allowed one wonders? Although my old knees may struggle, I can climb but going down is difficult.

This is amazing @Muddy Cyclist
I love that mountain...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning's fbg 4.8 which is a change from the last few days of almost continuous hypo readings so feeling a lot better today.

Keiran had a covid test this morning had a result in two hours and was negative so one more test and he will be OK to come home for Christmas.

Adrian still waiting for the result of his test things a bit slow in Italy it would seem.

Had a nice little surprise in the post this morning a friend had made some prayer hearts for us and sent them.

Before my little couple of days of not feeling too great I did manage a little walk and took a couple of pics some new but not exotic birds at the feeding station and another sunset photo.

View attachment 45883 View attachment 45884 View attachment 45885 View attachment 45886 View attachment 45887
A brilliant set of photos. I love the sunset @JohnEGreen

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks great - wonderful dramatic sky and good ridge - looking forward to seeing the finished painting.
Thank you, all I have to do now is not mess it up. :)
This is amazing @Muddy Cyclist
I love that mountain...
Thank you, The Cullens are amazing, I like the view from the mainland looking across at Sky especially if They have snow on top.

Reactions: jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
View attachment 45890
Takes me back a bit to when last viewed the North Cuillin from Portree.

Did you ever try the full traverse I know it to be a real challenge one far beyond my meager capabilities. I have difficulty climbing the stairs.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Did you ever try the full traverse I know it to be a real challenge one far beyond my meager capabilities. I have difficulty climbing the stairs.
Sadly not, I discovered the Black Cullens once my knees where arthritic, .up is fine, down is painful. sad really but lower walks I can still manage and I still have pleanty of fond memories of Welsh Mountains. Strangely I can still Mountain Bike up mountains and down but of course some are just impossible for bikes.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a watercolour of that view, here it be.....
IMG_2958.JPG

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good evening all. Woke at 5am in pain, feeling hot/ nauseous and trembly. Suspecting a hypo I tested and ----9.8! :( ( Slightly better than yesterday's 10.2). Still eating a healthy, low carb diet so it's a mystery! :banghead: Maybe the x-ray on the 8th Dec. will be revealing? Have a good December folks. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. Woke at 5am in pain, feeling hot/ nauseous and trembly. Suspecting a hypo I tested and ----9.8! :( ( Slightly better than yesterday's 10.2). Still eating a healthy, low carb diet so it's a mystery! :banghead: Maybe the x-ray on the 8th Dec. will be revealing? Have a good December folks. :)
That's terrible for you, hugs and take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saw this on You Tube tonight...
I don't find any of these things funny any more.

lindisfel

Expert
View attachment 45890
Reminds me of the Southern Alps.
That is some country one must visit.

lindisfel

Expert
December the oneth cometh again ready or no. Belated happy birthday @geefull and as per usual artwork boils my bacon nicely. Great fbg @Muddy Cyclist and amazing story about J's father @gennepher. Oh, and well done on finding a version of bulletproof coffee you like. Swipey laid a 4.8 on me today. Bah, humbug etc but such is life. Much wheel turning inside Ian's noggin during Advent - I'm led to believe that is as it should be. Memory lane sat nav currently has me in December 1986 with God knitting my firstborn together in the womb (love that passage) and Johnny Mathis' when a child is born doing interesting (very good) things as it did then. Posting here is a good "release shot"/nudge into the leg side as it were. Allows me to get down the other end (always the best place to play top class oppo bowlers) see how others deal with things and assess my game plan. Only, I bat left handed and all you guys seem to be right handers:angelic: To Newmarket today to collect Julie's new specs. May see some of the truly beautiful horses there- always a win. Pip Pip Old Toots.
Yes that is an interesting and beautiful passage in Psalm 139, thank you Ian for reminding us.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I'm horrified that you haven't grasped the truly liberating opportunities Gump and Co will produce. The deal will be sprinkled with Fairy Dust as sure as (Unicorn) eggs is eggs. Away you naysayer talking down this (60-70% is better than 95%) country. The meeja, remoaners/woke/anyone thinking for themselves have got to ya, Derek. I'm beyond excited about the prospect of feeding as much antibiotic, growth hormone riddled meat as I can to my grandchildren. Assuming the ports still function. Away all you health and longevity woke mongrels. We perhaps need the oven checked out though. That ready meal is still soggy in the middle, some parts uncooked/still frozen and all a tad unappetising to my untrained eye.
It's alright for you Ian, I frequently feel like Daniel in the lions den of right wing Christian friends on a tuesday morning.
But I still can't keep my big mouth shut.....I never could! :) ;)
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

just a bit of an out today although it was certainly a better weather day than yesterday ;)

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes :joyful:

We've picked up mum's shopping list ready for the fray tomorrow morning.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SlimLizzy - nice that Errant seems to be settling well :) and I'm glad you're feeling a little more comfortable about your son, very difficult.

@dogslife - hope you feel better soon :sorry:

@gennepher - J seems to have had some fascinating memories passed on from his dad. :)
Hugs for your tiring day, some people have no thought for others :sorry: but you've still managed to give us a striking portrait of Popeye, I like the texture of his coat :)

@dunelm - great set of foliage studies and a handsome grove of trees using different styles :) I like both very much.

@Muddy Cyclist - Your walk makes my village walk a bit tame, still we did have a stonking sunset here today, that pool looks dark and very tranquil.
I liked your original dramatic blue skies but I have to agree the new sky is a step up, it's lovely and 'Black Cuillin' looks strongly rooted in the earth, your painting from near Portree works well too, very fine :) I keep promising myself a trip to Skye, perhaps after Covid ;)

@JohnEGreen - lovely photos thank you, glad you're feeling a bit better :)

art bit -
began a picture yesterday of some irises and they took a lot more fiddling than I expected (either that or I was just in fiddle mode :hilarious:), so, I finished them off today, they'll be in the next batch of art I scan.

Hazy sunshine and a calm sea for today's post;)
upload_2020-12-1_22-15-58.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen Lovely sunset
@Muddy Cyclist that mountain vista is beautiful

New Swipey says 5.1 ⬇️
Felt quite tired despite not really having done much yesterday but ... pals have booked golf for Saturday and playing on Sunday too!

Mini cost me MOT and a set of wiper blades so I am quite happy I didn’t also have the schlep across town to the Mini dealership and the cost of an Uber back to get the car!

Still undecided as to the great hospital run of Friday ... probably get the bus because it looks like things are not as bad and will
Leave maybe 10-15 mins earlier and if I get there early it is better than being rushed and late.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

just a bit of an out today although it was certainly a better weather day than yesterday ;)

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes :joyful:

We've picked up mum's shopping list ready for the fray tomorrow morning.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SlimLizzy - nice that Errant seems to be settling well :) and I'm glad you're feeling a little more comfortable about your son, very difficult.

@dogslife - hope you feel better soon :sorry:

@gennepher - J seems to have had some fascinating memories passed on from his dad. :)
Hugs for your tiring day, some people have no thought for others :sorry: but you've still managed to give us a striking portrait of Popeye, I like the texture of his coat :)

@dunelm - great set of foliage studies and a handsome grove of trees using different styles :) I like both very much.

@Muddy Cyclist - Your walk makes my village walk a bit tame, still we did have a stonking sunset here today, that pool looks dark and very tranquil.
I liked your original dramatic blue skies but I have to agree the new sky is a step up, it's lovely and 'Black Cuillin' looks strongly rooted in the earth, your painting from near Portree works well too, very fine :) I keep promising myself a trip to Skye, perhaps after Covid ;)

@JohnEGreen - lovely photos thank you, glad you're feeling a bit better :)

art bit -
began a picture yesterday of some irises and they took a lot more fiddling than I expected (either that or I was just in fiddle mode :hilarious:), so, I finished them off today, they'll be in the next batch of art I scan.

Hazy sunshine and a calm sea for today's post;)
View attachment 45892
Thanks for appreciation of my paintings of Sky. I enjoyed visits to Sky although Mrs MC says it is too bleak.

That's a very well painted sea scape, the details in those rocks is captured perfectly with minimal brush strokes, brilliant.

Take care shopping today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all whatever Tier you now inhabit. Swipey saw fit to bestow a 4.1 on me first thing. Like getting off the mark with a nice push through the covers right out of the middle of the bat. Advent continues to delight, gently scold and prompt me to be a nicer, kinder little boy. Poems for Advent, selected and commented upon by Malcolm Guite. Reading from his book each evening - not something I do these days - with a small glass of something convivial either during or after is a rich blessing indeed. Last night I tried a new, entry level price point, Speyside single malt - result may need more tests to verify findings. By the grace of God I may be stumbling towards making this puzzle fit, however awkwardly. How I relate to y'all and what purpose this forum serves for me is proving to be a hugger to place. @lindisfel I feel for you among those "ravening wolves" Methinks I/we need to pray the men in grey suits take back control and normal service is restored soon. Pseudo Marxist long marches through the institutions and permanent revolution are really, really passé . This band urgently needs a new front man, rhythm section and lyricist. May who or whatever boils yer bacon grant that this day you fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger.

Last edited: