What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: chicken cooked in coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander with cauliflower rice (hubby cooked so not sure of the exact carb count but all low carb ingredients!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
HbA1c test tomorrow, hoping it’s ok after a very stressful six months :nailbiting:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Brussels sprouts hash from yesterday with egg scrambled into it. It made enough to keep some for tomorrow's breakfast as well.
Lunch: Some bacon and a couple of pork sausages (left over from baking). The bacon is not my normal one and produced a huge amount of water in the pan.
Evening meal: I have a chicken leg (also left after taking frozen breasts from the freezer for a recipe), roasted in the oven with other cooking, now cooling, but I'm not feeling really hungry just now - might leave it until tomorrow.
Very thirsty today - already well over my required amount and it's only just short of 8 pm.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So behind, think I'd just better jump in rather than backtrack! Heatwave multiple days past week - overall hottest November for yonks. It really knocks it out of you, though grateful we only went high 30Cs here and not over 40Cs like so many other places - but I don't have air con so still feel the 38C days! :dead: Eating probably been a bit more leaning on things like Quest bars for a few days - too hot for meal prep - but think I'm back on track again.

Lunch: protein meal shake, 2 x keto-friendly coffees
Dinner: pan-cooked whiting (not my fave fish, it's a bit soft) with broccolini, ginger, garlic a little soy, some SF dark choc for dessert

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was a flour tortilla with some lettuce and cheese.

Lunch was a kind of pork meatball - actually the filling from a small Melton Mowbray pork pie. Threw the pastry out. Gave the other pies in the pack to No 2 son. The children like them, apparently.

Dinner was hash made of Brussels sprouts, chorizo, a shallot and half an apple, all sliced in the food processor and fried with a little butter and topped with 2 fried eggs. Still feeling hungry, but I tell myself it's my imagination. Plenty of drinks today to keep up my fluid levels. Finished the antibiotics this morning and will see how the jaw goes over the next day or so to decide if it has got rid of the infection.
Good tip - the next time I feel hungry - I will just tell myself it is my imagination and try and ward it off

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 Cooper looks adorable in his Christmas jumper.
Have you seen DGF are offering a mixed box containing Christmas Pudding cakes now? I’m just hoping they sell out very soon so I can’t be tempted.
@Goonergal I’m not surprised you were hungry today after your marathon walks of the last few days. I like the sound of those chilli oil coated chicken wings. Do you rub it in and shove them straight in the af or marinate for a while? I always forget so end up simply putting s&p on ( still good though)
@Mrs T 123 I thought of you at the weekend when granddaughter asked for a snack of a boiled egg mashed in a cup with butter!
When my boys were young they would ask for a chooky egg mashed up in a cup with butter but 1 is never enough for me I have to have 2!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: chicken cooked in coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander with cauliflower rice (hubby cooked so not sure of the exact carb count but all low carb ingredients!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
HbA1c test tomorrow, hoping it’s ok after a very stressful six months :nailbiting:

Rach - throughout it all, I've been impressed how you've stuck with it. It will be what it will be, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So behind, think I'd just better jump in rather than backtrack! Heatwave multiple days past week - overall hottest November for yonks. It really knocks it out of you, though grateful we only went high 30Cs here and not over 40Cs like so many other places - but I don't have air con so still feel the 38C days! :dead: Eating probably been a bit more leaning on things like Quest bars for a few days - too hot for meal prep - but think I'm back on track again.

Lunch: protein meal shake, 2 x keto-friendly coffees
Dinner: pan-cooked whiting (not my fave fish, it's a bit soft) with broccolini, ginger, garlic a little soy, some SF dark choc for dessert
Where in the world are you with those temperatures at this time of year - wow

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops forgot to post my food earlier:-

Breakfast - 2 slices slc bread toasted with corned beef & tomato. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken thighs with a little piri piri sauce and a side salad made up of baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, coleslaw & grated cheese. SF jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - a bit later recording my food - got distracted starting to watch the queens gambit on Netflix and I’m hooked! Bulk watched 3 episodes!
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with lc toast
Lunch one slice of lc toast with cheese followed by lc truffle - was tempted by arrival of new batch of DGF cakes but got them into freezer before gave in as I’ve got older ones in freezer still to eat first!
Dinner pork ribs and salads followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
Booked for an early morning swim tomorrow can’t wait to get in the water again.my stress management is so much better when I can swim.so relieved they’ve been allowed to open but wonder how warm the water will be.........

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick breakfast of just ff greek as early morning appt at dentist. Annoyingly he can't find anything wrong with the tooth thats hurting me all the time!
L 90 sec bread with the remnants of last nights chicken and veg stew.
D: 2 small pork chops with cabbage, broccoli and half a carrot. 3 sqs 85%

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where in the world are you with those temperatures at this time of year - wow
Australia and I'm lucky because I'm in the Central Tablelands zone New South Wales, so higher up in altitude and usually a good 6C cooler than Sydney .... but not lately. Some (increasingly) rare snowfalls/dustings in Winter but still maintaining more of an actual 4 seasons, compared with most of Australia. The way we're warming up am seriously considering getting air con!
In comparison, many places in Australia this past week were well over 40C, even hitting up to 48C!!!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When my boys were young they would ask for a chooky egg mashed up in a cup with butter but 1 is never enough for me I have to have 2!

Haha Paul calls them chooky eggs too. I asked granddaughter if she wanted me to mash the egg, she said no and did it herself with the kitchen scissors. Cutting with the blades in the cup - I was impressed, very efficient.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Australia and I'm lucky because I'm in the Central Tablelands zone New South Wales, so higher up in altitude and usually a good 6C cooler than Sydney .... but not lately. Some (increasingly) rare snowfalls/dustings in Winter but still maintaining more of an actual 4 seasons, compared with most of Australia. The way we're warming up am seriously considering getting air con!
In comparison, many places in Australia this past week were well over 40C, even hitting up to 48C!!!!

The hug is for all of you poor souls in Australia, suffering in that kind of heat!

Reactions: zauberflote

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in Sydney this date last year. Strange colour skies from all the fires. Were you affected?

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in Sydney this date last year. Strange colour skies from all the fires. Were you affected?
Don't want to derail thread but this is so much on all our minds again here at the moment, so will answer.

Yes, last Summer was horrendous but many places so much worse than we had it. Here we did not see blue sky for months, just smoke, smoke and more smoke hanging in the air like some strange fog. Ash and burned leaves raining down some days - and glow of flames visible at night sometimes - though luckily flames not right up close to me. Friends in next little town had the bushfires come right to the bottom of their yard and set off all the heat and smoke detectors in their house at 3am one morning. Kept 'GO' bags packed and ready inside front door for months. It was apocalyptic in so many places.

https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2020/behind-the-lens/live/

All the poor animals too, still makes me cry the toll it took on our wildlife.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...-killed-displaced-in-fires-wwf-study/12497976

Really hope we do not repeat the same scenes this Summer but I fear it is a taste of the future.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I’m not surprised you were hungry today after your marathon walks of the last few days. I like the sound of those chilli oil coated chicken wings. Do you rub it in and shove them straight in the af or marinate for a while? I

Sorry, missed this. Either or. If I remember I marinate for a while, but they’re also good if you just put it on and cook straight away - just try and make sure some of the chilli flakes land if you’re cooking straight away. Wishing I’d got some out of the freezer now!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, missed this. Either or. If I remember I marinate for a while, but they’re also good if you just put it on and cook straight away - just try and make sure some of the chilli flakes land if you’re cooking straight away. Wishing I’d got some out of the freezer now!

It is a well known fact I can be a lazy cook.

MrB doesn't care much for chicken, whereas I love it. On Fridays when he chooses to have fish and chips, because of avoiding the gluten I have AFd chicken or sometimes sausages, however, when I buy the chicken legs or thighs (in my view a million times better than breast in the AF), I'll often season or bag in marinade prior to freezing.

That means I have flavour options already frozen, but also means an efficiency, if making a tandoori style marinade. I just make a full batch and use it up, although it also freezes well on it's own.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah we should have guessed from your name OzBlossom :)