Any suggestions would be appreciated please!

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could help me with some books that are good to read please? I have 'Think Like a Pancreas' and I'm going to order Dr Fung 'The Diabetes Code'.
I'd like to learn more as I've only been diagnosed since January this year!
Currently trying LCHF but want to get my hba1c down further from 47 and possibly put this into remission if I can.

Thank you :bookworm:

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Those are good books to get started with. When you have read them you will have a clear idea of what you still want to find out. I find Google useful in finding answers, but it can require some sorting through.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could help me with some books that are good to read please? I have 'Think Like a Pancreas' and I'm going to order Dr Fung 'The Diabetes Code'.
I'd like to learn more as I've only been diagnosed since January this year!
Currently trying LCHF but want to get my hba1c down further from 47 and possibly put this into remission if I can.

Thank you :bookworm:

Well done for looking to really get to grips with your diabetes.

In addition to those you have identified, I'd suggest Diabetes 101, by Jenny Rhul: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Sugar-101-about-Diabetes/dp/0964711613 That Amazon link (nothing to do with me!) has it as paperback (Used: very good condition) at £0.49, plus delivery.

As Mark suggests, sometimes reading throws up a lot more questions as you learn, but we've all been there, and most of us have found the forum to be great in those circumstances.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those are good books to get started with. When you have read them you will have a clear idea of what you still want to find out. I find Google useful in finding answers, but it can require some sorting through.
Thank you!

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done for looking to really get to grips with your diabetes.

In addition to those you have identified, I'd suggest Diabetes 101, by Jenny Rhul: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Sugar-101-about-Diabetes/dp/0964711613 That Amazon link (nothing to do with me!) has it as paperback (Used: very good condition) at £0.49, plus delivery.

As Mark suggests, sometimes reading throws up a lot more questions as you learn, but we've all been there, and most of us have found the forum to be great in those circumstances.
Thank you for your suggestion! I'll have a look!