What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Dull and still here today, probably be meeting Daughter for a walk, she's a day off from teaching today, nothing to do with Covid so it should be OK.

Be sure time is on your side today. Keep safe.

lindisfel

Expert
A day getting my Octavia clean for its MOT tomorrow. The cars get very dirty on these wet and muddy country roads and just one trip to Bowness on Solway and the car is properly lathered up with mud. We still run two cars which is a little extravagant at our age but if we lived in town it would be different.

We hope to see snow on the tops in the next few days which always gives one the seasonal feeling.

Have a great and safe day you youngsters.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I did a watercolour of that view, here it be.....
View attachment 45891
You have captured the 3D effect that sometimes occurs with mountains in winter.
Coming down the hill from the Sandale transmitter on one occasion I remember particularly all the Lakeland mountains.... but particularly Skiddaw, Carlside and Ullock Pike standing out in incredible relief.
It was the kind of experience that fills one with awe.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning all whatever Tier you now inhabit. Swipey saw fit to bestow a 4.1 on me first thing. Like getting off the mark with a nice push through the covers right out of the middle of the bat. Advent continues to delight, gently scold and prompt me to be a nicer, kinder little boy. Poems for Advent, selected and commented upon by Malcolm Guite. I read from his book each evening - not something I do these days - with a small glass of something convivial either during or before is a rich blessing indeed. Last night I tried a new, entry level price point, Speyside single malt - result may need more tests to verify findings. By the grace of God I may be stumbling towards making this puzzle fit, however awkwardly. How I relate to y'all and what purpose this forum serves for me is proving to be a hugger to place. @lindisfel I feel for you among those "ravening wolves" Methinks I/we need to pray the men in grey suits take back control and normal service is restored soon. Pseudo Marxist long marches through the institutions and permanent revolution are really, really passé . This band urgently needs a new front man, rhythm section and lyricist. May who or whatever boils yer bacon grant that this day you fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger.
I think moderation is the difficult ground to maintain. Extreme views are much more easy for one to take and encouraged in the media.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a tier 3 start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of leftover chicken soup came in at 4.8 this am

Snow and/or frost has been tentatively mentioned for tomorrow - thankfully not today, it may have spoilt International Bin Day. Vaccine news takes another move forward. Should I buy shares in deep cold storage facilities?

@geefull - glad you enjoyed the foliage studies. Very calming view from you today, detailed rocks sitting on the shore with the sun hiding behind that hazy sky.
@Muddy Cyclist - another wonderful watercolour - thanks for sharing.
@JohnEGreen - lovely sunset
@ianpspurs - wishing you will with your double blind Speyside research.
@lindisfel - enjoy your pre-MOT car valeting.

Picture today - auto-suggestion of a mountain popped into my head - where did that come from - anyhow - single brush (wolf hair I think) on rice paper. Enjoy your Wednesday, koffy time.

upload_2020-12-2_8-2-1.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning and it's Bin Day again, I am thrilled :)

I have a fan heater as back up as this is quite a common event with the boiler. Learnt my lesson the first winter I was here ;)

ah yes all hail Bin day where yesterday my bin decided to hang out by a hedge, looking cool....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all cherish the weekly bin day ritual.

A middle of the road 6.7 on the meter of misbehaving and mystery this morning.

Mentioning morning our fusion reactor is creeping over the horizon and adding light and cheer to our day, perhaps not heat, but light all the same. Talking of light reminds of a little poem
" And ( insert deity of your choice here ) #### said let there be light and you could see for blood y miles ".
Have a great bin day folks, avoid the media and perhaps your day will be filled with cheer.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

Jayb72

Hi, I’m new to the forums and have discovered this thread whilst having an initial browse!

I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 for a year or so and my management of it has been patchy. I need to get better! Having said that, my reading this morning was 6.2.

Due to other health issues, I don’t get out as much as I’d like. Currently waiting an op which has been understandably delayed.

Not sure how much/little to write but happy for questions!

Have a good day!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m new to the forums and have discovered this thread whilst having an initial browse!

I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 for a year or so and my management of it has been patchy. I need to get better! Having said that, my reading this morning was 6.2.

Due to other health issues, I don’t get out as much as I’d like. Currently waiting an op which has been understandably delayed.

Have a good day!
Hi @Jayb72 and welcome to the thread. Your 6.2 reading is pretty good. Enjoy your day.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Have a good day!

Welcome, enjoy the thread, good luck for the operation and feel free to ask about anything diabetic you are unsure of.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs - wishing you will with your double blind Speyside research.
How very Witty. One can't rush this type of vaccine. research. To be safe I have ordered doses of two American versions and a French one from a guy called Remy. I intend to gradually roll out vaccinations over the run up to Christmas. Welcome @Jayb72 nice start and we hope you stay around like forever, man. BTW, when will y'all learn bins are collected Thursday when protected by USAF and Matt Hancock? One really can't be safer than that.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Have a good day!
Welcome. Conversation meanders in a pleasant way around here... I did really well to get my levels down (see sig) and then burned out horribly and will be updating my sig after my latest blood-letting on Friday...

First thing is don't beat yourself up. Everyone's body is different. Everyone's circustamstances are different and I have my Libre set to what Normal readings for someone without diabetes would be... and 6.2 is in that range so it is ok.

Enjoy your time here.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning and it's Bin Day again, I am thrilled :)

I have a fan heater as back up as this is quite a common event with the boiler. Learnt my lesson the first winter I was here ;)
So pleased to hear that you won't freeze. Hope the boiler is sorted quickly.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all is well with the testing @HarryBeau
Home testing kit arriving tomorrow hopefully...then 48 hours for the result at least I don't have to leave the house...a little snotty and a slight cough but temperature is spot on @ 34.6...on the Lemsip Max cold & flu capsules...will keep you posted.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.15am FBG 6.2

Realised today that the almost inevitable metamorphosis for females is upon me, unless swift and decisive action is taken - I will turn into my mother!
Mum is a Type2. So she doesnt eat pasta, rice or potatoes, bread only in small quantities every lunch time, but does eat cakes, puddings, fruit two or three times a day) chocolate and sweets... but she is 86..although her mother lived to 100...
Am finding LC very difficult atm. With limited cooking facilities, and MrSlims serious medical condition which needs a low protein, low fat, diet, his recommended foods are nearly all carbs. White bread, potatoes, rice and pasta which complicates matters. He has a sweet tooth and buys cakes, biscuits and puddings too. We often end up with two separate meals.
The freezer is tiny and the fridge is erratic (sometimes freezes everything or else puddles of water in the base,) so batch cooking is not really possible.
Probably going back to some version of Sunday lunch which we can both eat, if I don't have potatoes and he has a smaller portion of the meat. This seems the easiest compromise, but it does get boring.
Other happenings. My laptop has had only 8 mins of life without mains, so MrSlim bought and fitted a new battery. Yay! Green light. But now it won't start. The power switch has sometimes needed several jabs to get it going. Nothing doing now. And laptop rattles.
New battery for my piece of junk laptop. Well, maybe battery can be sold on ebay.
The day is getting away from me, no chance for early shopping trip now. Ofc part of that is I don't really want to go out...First day out of lockdown am expecting shops and other places to be busy. However might be able to buy spare gas bottle now. Unavailable during lockdown.

@Jayb72 welcome to the forum and this thread in particular.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.15am FBG 6.2

Realised today that the almost inevitable metamorphosis for females is upon me, unless swift and decisive action is taken - I will turn into my mother!
Mum is a Type2. So she doesnt eat pasta, rice or potatoes, bread only in small quantities every lunch time, but does eat cakes, puddings, fruit two or three times a day) chocolate and sweets... but she is 86..although her mother lived to 100...
Am finding LC very difficult atm. With limited cooking facilities, and MrSlims serious medical condition which needs a low protein, low fat, diet, his recommended foods are nearly all carbs. White bread, potatoes, rice and pasta which complicates matters. He has a sweet tooth and buys cakes, biscuits and puddings too. We often end up with two separate meals.
The freezer is tiny and the fridge is erratic (sometimes freezes everything or else puddles of water in the base,) so batch cooking is not really possible.
Probably going back to some version of Sunday lunch which we can both eat, if I don't have potatoes and he has a smaller portion of the meat. This seems the easiest compromise, but it does get boring.
Other happenings. My laptop has had only 8 mins of life without mains, so MrSlim bought and fitted a new battery. Yay! Green light. But now it won't start. The power switch has sometimes needed several jabs to get it going. Nothing doing now. And laptop rattles.
New battery for my piece of junk laptop. Well, maybe battery can be sold on ebay.
The day is getting away from me, no chance for early shopping trip now. Off part of that is I don't really want to go out...First day out of lockdown am expecting shops and other places to be busy.

@Jayb72 welcome to the forum and this thread in particular.
Tale of woe told with the class, style and good humour which is your hallmark. Best wishes with it all and especial praise for mum still going at 86 with a version of eating The Pearl Clutchers assure us should have killed her long ago. Would make a more cynical chap wonder.

Jayb72

Home testing kit arriving tomorrow hopefully...then 48 hours for the result at least I don't have to leave the house...a little snotty and a slight cough but temperature is spot on @ 34.6...on the Lemsip Max cold & flu capsules...will keep you posted.

Hope all is well with your test and that its simply a cold!

I have a neurological condition that is degenerative and progressive. I also have arthritis in my knee (which is what I'm waiting for the op on) as well as type 2. Like I say, I don't get out much as the knee pain is quite bad but I manage a walk (almost) daily - no more than 20 minutes!

I need to get better control of my diabetes - I think I eat way too many carbs and bread is my weakness. I'm a capable baker and competent chef and I don't use anything processed if I can help it.

Glad to have found this forum and in particular this thread - looking forward to diving in!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Tale of woe told with the class, style and good humour which is your hallmark. Best wishes with it all and especial prise for mum still going at 86 with a version of eating The Pearl Clutchers assure us should have killed her long ago. Would make a more cynical chap wonder.
Mum has been diagnosed type2 for about six years. Think she has decided not to worry about developing complications.
For me twenty years younger, that seems a real possibility if I don't take charge now.

Last edited: