What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
I began it this morning, but had to leave it to go out.
Then I couldn't get back into doing it again. It didn't move me :(
So, I abstracted it in order to make something different out of it.
In ZenBrush3 and Procreate.

View attachment 45913
I like this abstract - reminds me of Jimi Hendrix - or the inside of Timothy Leary’s head :angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

shopping day today so it felt like a long one, on the upside I got the second sleeve of my sweater finished :joyful:
I hesitate to say it was recycling bin day today :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Jayb72 - welcome :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, technology is wonderful, when it works ;)

@dunelm - grand vista of a tree lined mountain :)

@HarryBeau - keeping my fingers crossed :)

@Alien Aspie - sweep the streets, nearest we get is when they scrape the blown sand out of the car parks with a JCB :D perils of a seaside village ;)

Hope your heating holds out :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Love that finished painting, the foreground waterfall has balanced the composition beautifully :joyful: and speaking of a work of art, that cake looks scrummy :D

@gennepher - so glad that your shopping day was kinder than the last one and I look forward to seeing the continuing progression of the grotto :)
I like the colour palette of today's painting, it's striking :)

art bit -

inspired by a photo of a misty and frosty morning I saw on the net :)

View attachment 45912
Thank you @geefull - a gentle, pale and misty one from you this morning - get that sweater sewn together - forecast is for frost.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

My painting for today in ZenBrush3
I have been looking at Zhang Zaqian's work the last few days. I love his ink colour work. I tried to create his colours in my yesterday's landscape, but failed, hence my making the landscape to a more abstract work.

Today is a black and white waterfall loosely from one of his paintings.

I really need to do this on proper Chinese paper and real ink. But my place is a mess with trying to work out the Xmas decorations for the outside of the bathroom window grotto, and I now have more plans for that bit, and I am half working on the outside of my bedroom window one too.

The weather has plans of sleet and snow today, but I will wrap up warm, and do that grotto....at least it is not below freezing today...

View attachment 45919
What a fabulous waterfall - I do like the style of Zhang Zaqian, especially his colour splash work

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug is for Arthritis and, I detect, sadness at no Christmas gigs. Great fbg - things settling down?
Thanks, yes sad no gigs a big part of Christmas for us, but needs must. I feel for all these professional performers who rely on the income at least we only do it for enjoyment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank’s @Muddy Cyclist - enjoy the ride. Very good BlackCullen - The winter wrapping stands out so well within the pallet chosen for the sky and foreground - smashing stuff
Thank you, daughter likes the purples of mountains so I hope she will be pleased with this as I decided not to go with layers of mountains.

Looking again at your mountain ridge in your ink drawing, could you harvest some of the trees and leave a few logs lying around for me to jump on my bike?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a granddaughter chuckling morning here in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of yet more chicken and something green came in at 4.8 this am

MIL’s birthday yesterday so an escape committee dragged her through a pre-prepared tunnel and out for a push round the prom and I did hear that open air fish and chips was enjoyed.

Couple of pictures today - a doodle on a bit of backing paper and a tree on sized rice paper. Have the best and most wonderful day that you can - I shall have koffy and then it’s round to the part to feed squirrels, ducks and dodge the kittywakes.
upload_2020-12-3_8-45-54.jpeg

upload_2020-12-3_8-45-35.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Operation “Can I get the bus” proved a fruitful recce as... I realised I had been looking at the wrong live tracking times and realised out in the rain that I need to get one going in the opposite direction! I blame old age personally!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I might have worked in IT for 20 years before crossing to the dark side of journalism (and sports at that!) but the pairing of devices, especially those of the FitBit variety made me use earthy Anglo-saxon that would make a Paratrooper blush!
That sounds exactly like my reaction yesterday. I used words that I definitely could not post on here.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

shopping day today so it felt like a long one, on the upside I got the second sleeve of my sweater finished :joyful:
I hesitate to say it was recycling bin day today :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Jayb72 - welcome :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, technology is wonderful, when it works ;)

@dunelm - grand vista of a tree lined mountain :)

@HarryBeau - keeping my fingers crossed :)

@Alien Aspie - sweep the streets, nearest we get is when they scrape the blown sand out of the car parks with a JCB :D perils of a seaside village ;)

Hope your heating holds out :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Love that finished painting, the foreground waterfall has balanced the composition beautifully :joyful: and speaking of a work of art, that cake looks scrummy :D

@gennepher - so glad that your shopping day was kinder than the last one and I look forward to seeing the continuing progression of the grotto :)
I like the colour palette of today's painting, it's striking :)

art bit -

inspired by a photo of a misty and frosty morning I saw on the net :)

View attachment 45912
I love this painting. I can just imagine standing on the bridge watching the river flow by.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ox cheek casserole with cavolo nero and trial of The Low Carb Food Company seeded bloomer today. On the face of that all seems as though it should fit LCHF. Y'all know my fbg trends and feelings about this WOE. I will be seriously miffed if the 2 hrs reading takes me above 5.5 - my 90 day average for the period 15.00 to 23.00 is 4.7 on Swipey, 3 things really bug me. Why, since that is about where I have been for 5.5 years, are my A1c levels such a disaster area (all non diabetic, average 5.6 over 5.5 yrs) - IMHO? (Was the cancer growing away then the chemical cocktail causing a problem over 18 - 24 months?) Why, if this is such a great WOE does it mainly leave me cold, hungry and largely tired? Am I right to feel gaslighted by the LCHF Happy Clappers? BTW, I'm loving the 73 kgs (BMI 22.1 ) I'm wearing today. If LCHF can't deliver bg control at least it can do some good. I really want to be a positive presence here but there are some awkward truths to confront. This is why I wonder if I should step away from here for a while.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ox cheek casserole with cavolo nero and trial of The Low Carb Food Company seeded bloomer today. On the face of that all seems as though it should fit LCHF. Y'all know my fbg trends and feelings about this WOE. I will be seriously miffed if the 2 hrs reading takes me above 5.5 - my 90 day average for the period to 23.00 is 4.7 on Swipey, 3 things really bug me. Why, since that is about where I have been for 5.5 years, are my A1c levels such a disaster area (all non diabetic, average 5.6 over 5.5 yrs) - IMHO? (Was the cancer growing away then the chemical cocktail causing a problem over 18 - 24 months? Why, if this is such a great WOE does it mainly leave me cold, hungry and largely tired? Am I right to feel gaslighted by the LCHF Happy Clappers? BTW, I'm loving the 73 kgs (BMI 22.1 ) I'm wearing today. If LCHF can't deliver bg control at least it can do some good. I really want to be a positive presence here but there are some awkward truths to confront. This is why I wonder if I should step away from here for a while.

I think your numbers are still smack dab in the middle of what 'normal' people see (I set swipey to normal levels as it gives me a range to aspire to).
I suffer away from bad circulation so I can appreciate the feeling cold and there is a thing called low-carb/Keto Flu although it normally afflicts folk in the early days while their body is adjusting. But... what you are describing does remind me of when I flamed out trying to stick to this WOE in environments that are not friendly AT ALL to LCers...

My swipey levels have always been WAY LOWER than my real A1C and until recently I thought it was down to the allergy issues I was having with the sensor until I started using the phone... but still I expect it to be significantly lower than the real thing.

What have your A1Cs been? You mention Non-diabetic average, so that would be the ultimate Endgame, no? (Without Thanos clicking have the world out of existence and us having to endure an overweight Thor on our screens!)

Hang in buddy and you know where I am if you need to message and rant.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.5 for me this damp and nit very festive feeling day.

Tesco dash today, new Christmas Mask and my Fedora with Christmas ribbons to wear and add some cheer.

No Muddy Cycle ride as my Arthritis decided to give me Jip everywhere, I will put it down to the damp weather.

Make some part of your day or even all of it exciting. Keep safe.
Shame we can only use one ( whatever they are called emjo's or what ?) because I gave you a like for your Christmas mask and ribbons but would give a hug for your jippy Arthritis.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning and 5.5 for me this damp and nit very festive feeling day.

Tesco dash today, new Christmas Mask and my Fedora with Christmas ribbons to wear and add some cheer.

No Muddy Cycle ride as my Arthritis decided to give me Jip everywhere, I will put it down to the damp weather.

Make some part of your day or even all of it exciting. Keep safe.
hug for the arthritis my knees the same especially in this damp weather x

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think your numbers are still smack dab in the middle of what 'normal' people see (I set swipey to normal levels as it gives me a range to aspire to).
I suffer away from bad circulation so I can appreciate the feeling cold and there is a thing called low-carb/Keto Flu although it normally afflicts folk in the early days while their body is adjusting. But... what you are describing does remind me of when I flamed out trying to stick to this WOE in environments that are not friendly AT ALL to LCers...

My swipey levels have always been WAY LOWER than my real A1C and until recently I thought it was down to the allergy issues I was having with the sensor until I started using the phone... but still I expect it to be significantly lower than the real thing.

What have your A1Cs been? You mention Non-diabetic average, so that would be the ultimate Endgame, no? (Without Thanos clicking have the world out of existence and us having to endure an overweight Thor on our screens!)

Hang in buddy and you know where I am if you need to message and rant.
Thanks for that. I do hang in there I'm stubborn (allegedly) - never knowingly gave my wicket away cheaply Rarely, if ever, has the word normal been used in relation to me. My A1cs come in around the 5.5-5.6 mark which I feel is far too high for safety. I am somewhat towards the cynical end of the spectrum of trust in LCHF and remission believers. I also tend to be able to describe what is going on as though it is happening to someone else - no emotion involved really.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay...I have made a start with the Xmas ducks.
Santa Duck and Reindeer Ducks are in place.
But I have come in so I can thaw out.
They need anchoring in better because of the high winds.

Yesterday I also found an Xmas Angel Duck. So, I have got him up too.

Here is a photo where I'm at so far...work is a bit slow. I am going to have a nap now, warm up and then see where I can get with this today....
So there is tinsel, shiny cd's, ornaments I found in the charity shop, snowmen, and lots more...

DF8A2E26-7347-4895-BE57-968191F719F5.jpeg