What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Hoon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.8 this morning according to prickometer 3.5 according to Libre but depending on what time test done and what meter used had variations between 3.1 and and 4.8 between 6 AM and 8:15 AM so a little uncertain as to what it really was.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Early morning phone meetings yesterday, so didn't manage to post. Fasting levels were 4.6 yesterday and 4.7 today.

@Chook -- It's wonderful to see you posting on here.
@kaylz91 -- Hugs for the frustration with the bathroom renovations. Hope they get done as soon as possible.
@NickTarn -- Welcome to thread. I hope the lowering of the prednisone will also result in lower blood sugars for you.
@bkr -- Welcome to the thread. As to eating and carbs -- I am usually on less than 20g of carbs a day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all I was about 8 this morning, I used to be about 5.6 but the doc upped my Steroid Prednisone for another condition and I have been all over the place ever since, although gradually reducing the Prednisone so hope to get back to around 5.6.
Welcome @NickTam and looking forward to seeing your progress

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

brcsmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Nothing really
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
This morning, my blood sugar levels were 9.5.recently due to other health issues. I am not very well and my sugar levels are very unpredictable.

Reactions: kaylz91

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
A Swipey 4.6 today - very Meh. Missed some important time here. Welcome back @Chook - made my day. @kaylz91 hugs and prayers. Builders eh? 10 months to do maybe 2 max 3 months work here. Garage conversion, new kitchen the odd wall taken out, proper flooring and skirting all round Still mainly not unpacked . Good news is 2 months in no bill yet for 2 bathrooms a cloakroom and all the fixtures! Bath end panel stuck at Felixstowe.

Thank you for the welcome back :) - I've also had experiences with builders that I never want to repeat. (Radiator leaking in bedroom causing 'rain' in the kitchen springs to mind as does being left without a functioning kitchen all over one Christmas and New Year).

Hey @Chook great to see you back - I was wondering about you - I hope all is well with you - great FBG's btw

Thank you for the welcome :) - the FBGs are entirely due to still being on my own version of the Newcastle diet with real food. How are you?

Good morning all,

Early morning phone meetings yesterday, so didn't manage to post. Fasting levels were 4.6 yesterday and 4.7 today.

@Chook -- It's wonderful to see you posting on here.
@kaylz91 -- Hugs for the frustration with the bathroom renovations. Hope they get done as soon as possible.
@NickTarn -- Welcome to thread. I hope the lowering of the prednisone will also result in lower blood sugars for you.
@bkr -- Welcome to the thread. As to eating and carbs -- I am usually on less than 20g of carbs a day.

Hi Ziggy :) wonderful FBGs!!!

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.8 this morning according to prickometer 3.5 according to Libre but depending on what time test done and what meter used had variations between 3.1 and and 4.8 between 6 AM and 8:15 AM so a little uncertain as to what it really was.

It is acknowedged that libre and bg strips differ if taken at the same time. Seem to remember that when you take a bg strip reading you should wait 15 minutes or so to do the libre reading. This allows them to equalise and should more or less be close to each other.
One of these days i will do a personal trial to see if this is the case.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Crazy night and day with a ceased up insulin Novoecho pen. Ran high, then overcorrected three times. I've been awake so long I'm not sure what qualified as waking.

Reactions: Ymdawd and kaylz91

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey I forgot to update here today.... I had 4.4 on finger prick and 3.8 on libre... It was fasting day yesterday so low numbers were expected... the reading so far all day has never gone beyond 6.4 so looks like I am having a decent non-fasting day :D