Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Hi.

Its okay to struggle. Its okay not to be full of the joys of spring.

2020 has been a terrible year and its affected all of us to one extent or another. Being diabetic and having other illnesses and problems have only made things seem worse and that's perfectly understandable.

If you are anxious, depressed, down, fed up, tearful, feel ill, are generally unhappy then please understand that those are perfectly logical things to feel, especially now.

But don't beat yourself up about feeling that way. Don't blame yourself because you haven't done anything wrong, You're just experiencing entirely natural responses to the world around you. I feel it as well.

But you aren't alone.

We might feel it; we might feel that we are the only person experiencing this or suffering with that...but we aren't.

Look around you and you will find neighbour's, family, friends- all experiencing the same even if they don't let on that they are. Its just that we aren't very good at saying so.

I'm not here in any capacity. I'm not a counsellor and I don't have a crystal ball. I cant solve the problems. I'm just passing through and extending the ear of friendship (it would be the hand but social distancing and all that...)

But what I can say is this. You cant help how you feel and if you have been or are ill, then don't blame yourself. What's done is done and you can't change the past no matter how much you would like to.

Think of the good times you've had, think of a brighter tomorrow and know that you are not alone and that I value you even if I've never known you or had any interaction with you. You are wanted, you are loved and you are valued. And if we all felt the same way about each other then the world would be a better place.

So look after yourselves, stay safe, be sensible, check your bloods (lol) and remember, if it went wrong yesterday, you can put it right today.

Take care out there.

Reactions: Sad21+ and Redshank

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

2020 has been a terrible year and its affected all of us to one extent or another. Being diabetic and having other illnesses and problems have only made things seem worse and that's perfectly understandable.

If you are anxious, depressed, down, fed up, tearful, feel ill, are generally unhappy then please understand that those are perfectly logical things to feel, especially now.

But don't beat yourself up about feeling that way. Don't blame yourself because you haven't done anything wrong, You're just experiencing entirely natural responses to the world around you. I feel it as well.

But you aren't alone.

We might feel it; we might feel that we are the only person experiencing this or suffering with that...but we aren't.

Look around you and you will find neighbour's, family, friends- all experiencing the same even if they don't let on that they are. Its just that we aren't very good at saying so.

I'm not here in any capacity. I'm not a counsellor and I don't have a crystal ball. I cant solve the problems. I'm just passing through and extending the ear of friendship (it would be the hand but social distancing and all that...)

But what I can say is this. You cant help how you feel and if you have been or are ill, then don't blame yourself. What's done is done and you can't change the past no matter how much you would like to.

Think of the good times you've had, think of a brighter tomorrow and know that you are not alone and that I value you even if I've never known you or had any interaction with you. You are wanted, you are loved and you are valued. And if we all felt the same way about each other then the world would be a better place.

So look after yourselves, stay safe, be sensible, check your bloods (lol) and remember, if it went wrong yesterday, you can put it right today.

Take care out there.
Thank you. I needed that. More than I knew, I suppose. You be good to yourself eh. And again, thank you.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

But you aren't alone.

Take care out there.
Thank you Patrick. I needed to read this. Thanks

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely post and so so true. Thank you

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for the post, I'm so glad to read it. It actually brought a happy tear to my eye.
If you are interested, I have had a really bad year and yes it could be worse but it has really caused me to have a breakdown.
I have a separate thread in which you can understand what happened to me. And the subsequent action, I had to get.
The best thing I did was get in touch with my GP. Who has been absolutely brilliant.
It's going to be a long time before I'm okay but I am determined to get there, thanks to those who have been so understanding and counselling.

Keep safe people.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you. I needed that. More than I knew, I suppose. You be good to yourself eh. And again, thank you.

Thanks. Oh, I'll be bound to ignore my own advice lol.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the post, I'm so glad to read it. It actually brought a happy tear to my eye.
If you are interested, I have had a really bad year and yes it could be worse but it has really caused me to have a breakdown.
I have a separate thread in which you can understand what happened to me. And the subsequent action, I had to get.
The best thing I did was get in touch with my GP. Who has been absolutely brilliant.
It's going to be a long time before I'm okay but I am determined to get there, thanks to those who have been so understanding and counselling.

Keep safe people.

First off I am glad that your GP has been brilliant, they do make a big difference when they are. A pity that some people are not so fortunate.

I had a breakdown myself so can empathize to an extent, I just hope 2021 brings some much needed cheer for so many of us and an opportunity to live again rather than merely exist.

You look after yourself.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for those lovely words @Patrick66 , they mean a lot to me for a number of reasons. 2020 has not been kind to me, but I look forward to next year with a degree of optimism now x