What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Trying to get back on track.
@maglil55 am possbly further behind than you, last posts I read 30/11, missed a few days posting as well.
Breakfast. CWC, nut granola.
Late morning CWC
Lunch, one slice toast. Morrison's soy and linseed bread, 16g carbs, half a mashed avocado, small portion of smoked salmon, three cherry tomatoes and a little gem lettuce heart. Cup of tea.
2 cups Lemon tea in the afternoon.
Dinner, ready meal curry from Morrison's. About 12g carbs, cauliflower rice, carrots and French beans. Glass of echo falls summer berries rosé. 5%alcohol, is MrSlim hinting? It was disgustingly sweet and after attempting to modify flavour with diet tonic threw it away. Had glass of red instead.
Managed to resist temptation for late night snack.
Bedtime more lemon and ginger tea.
Errant is a bit off today, retired straight back to bed after breakfast and didn't emerge until late afternoon. He is wanting a lot of lap time and being very vocal about it. Am wondering if he has had reaction to flea treatment, or was the fishhead he had yesterday just too much food?
Can remember him having upset stomach after a very big meal once before. Perhaps he will be back to normal tomorrow.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy I give our cats a flea product that tastes nasty and mixes with canned food. Sometimes they appear to have upset stomachs for the rest of the day.
I completely forgot! I made my pumpkin pie taste-alike yesterday and it worked! It tastes exactly as I want it to taste. Next year I won't use so much skyr, as it's a little dry. I nailed the erythritol perfectly, just by chance. Original calls for 3/4 cup sugar; I used 1/4 cup or less, and it's the perfect not-very-sweetness plus ( @ianpspurs ) I don't get any aftertaste at all. May be all those spices.
Edit-- and the whole batch (think 9.5" deep dish pie) has only 16 carbs not counting spices. So it's definitely LC. May not wait until next Thanksgiving to make another.

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@zauberflote @Antje77 oopps i didn't post the tip but here it is...... you need some water and stainless steel pan
Heat a stainless steel skillet then dip your finger into some water and allow a drop to fill into pan if it sizzles its not ready but when it starts to form a bubble and floats around in the pan it is now ready to be used then add small amount of desired fat to cook in pan EVO, GHEE etc and cook your meal here is a video link to how it is done as well. I cooked an omelete in the pan and normally even when I coat the pan the eggs will stick but doing this method worked no sticking .... let me know if you try it as it does work I was impressed

also there is this video a way to season your Stainless steal pan see following video but I have not done this one

@maglil55 impressive keeping up to date with everyone's post....
@Goonergal yum oxtail look good

breakfast had some left over omelette from yesterday and 2 mugs of coffee
then had to go up the road to the chemist for a few scripts

lunch an apricot and a slice of sour dough with butter

dinner not sure as not feeling hungry I see how the night travels

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Forgot to add made some ghee today as well

But couldn't add to my above post so created a new post cheers
20201203_184546.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I didnt get to bed until about 1 am last night and was very hungry as i laid there trying to get to sleep. Thought would have nice low fbg when I did wake but no, 5.8. Unsurprisingly I was still hungry so breakfast of ff greek with seeds, chocolate granola and blueberries.
L a very nice homemade veg soup with some Stilton crumbled in it
D corned beef crust quiche of spinach, ham and cheese with salad and guacamole.

Last week we couldn't eat any of the delivered avocados because they remained like bullets until they went bad. This week they have all come to ripeness at the same time :arghh:
Anyone have any tips on how to buy and mange avocados? They must be the thing I throw away most

A glass or 3 of wine with an online zoom catchup this evening

Oh! Also when looking in the Christmas cupboard found a whole Stollen. "Last years" I thought to myself but no, best before 12/02 2019!!! So had to try it. OK marzipan is a bit dark but tastes fine. Sadly, thought I'd find it too sweet but no it was lovely and it was really difficult to walk away from it. Boys are under strict instructions to keep it out of my sight and to demolish it within 2 days

I am the same. We can only get avocados from the supermarket and I despair of getting one exactly as I want it. Bullet hard, or one end soft and mushy while the other end needs a hammer and chisel to get into it. The bullet hard ones, don't ripen - they just go black from the seed out. Neil did buy me some frozen avocado chunks, but I haven't used them yet - not quite sure what to do with them.

Breakfast: prunes with some double cream. Tea, of course. Then some water.

Lunch will be some of the veggie stew I made yesterday.

Dinner will probably be one of the meatzzas I made last week, if I can find something to put on the bases that I froze. Maybe some of the veggies from the stew with some cheese.

Sugarlisa

Breakfast was fat free yogurt with frozen berries and peppermint tea and water

Lunch was a omelette with mushrooms,peppers, cherry tomatoes,peppers and spinach with a side salad

Tea is a crust less quiche with mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes,red onion,chorizo to go with a side salad while the boys have a homemade pizzas dos it sounds ok

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
FBGs continue to be way too high but I have not been sleeping great at night so maybe thats it rather than what I eat.
Last 3 days breakfast was usual slice of HiLo toast, butter, tea.
Lunch Tuesday was cheese, two types and spoon of Waldorf Salad.Supper Tues was small portion of roasted Med veg, half what I would usually eat but FBG yesterday still bad.
Lunch yesterday was a slice of ham, a large chunk of cheddar and last spoonful of Waldorf Salad
Supper yesterday was Shepherds Pie with a thin covering of buttery swede mash
Lunch today was a Lizza toastie split and spread with chicken live pate.Supper will be chunky fishfingers and leftover portion of roasted med veg from Tuesday.
I am hoping for a reset soon because I refuse to fast and my carb intake is modest. If I worry about it too much it will just make it worse. So on we go ...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, to be fair to my parents, neither used the scurvy argument, it was just me and books!
And I still love peas! (Preferably straight from the pot with a spoon while standing in the kitchen :sorry:)

I liked frozen peas - I used to grab a handful every time I went into the freezer and if I was cooking them I’d always have to take out twice as many as needed. I knew that the children would come into the kitchen and pinch handfuls before they were cooked. Frozen sweetcorn too.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Frozen peas must be a thing. Also used to eat them!

Hungry week continues. 3 meals today.

Breakfast was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.
Late lunch was 2 pork belly strips coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried.
Dinner was air fried lamb ribs seasoned with lemon pepper. Think that’s my favourite meal of the moment.

Nicely sleepy now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy I hope Errant’s tum settles down. That Echo Falls wine sounds terrible good for you insisting on the red.
Today I had airfried chicken drumsticks for lunch then a dollop of lazy mousse
Dinner was mixed grill - lamb chop, 1 chipolata small slice calves liver and some very pretty posh mushrooms fried in butter. About a tablespoon of Gk yog.
IMG_4110.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Avocados? We tend to buy them a week in hand and keep them in the fridge then move them one or two at a time into a warmer room to soften. Frozen chunks are fine for me. 5.15 am wakeup - unfortunately still winter. B= Very much Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCCS. and FB cookie .9 fall: Lunch: Tea. 2 slices of TLCC seeded bloomer (63 gms; 1.4 gms carb) TLCC toast and Epoises. Almost any kind of bread would be good with W Epoises - .8 drop: EM: Ox cheek some kind of beef casserole - somehow lost the Ox Cheek, TLCC seeded bloomer and butter. Vits: Probably a bijou totette of Speyside single malt later. Key: FB=Fatt Bar; TLCC - The Low Carb Company

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the avocado tips. Unfortunately whilst on delivery's I don't get chance to pick which I want. @zauberflote I too prefer the smooth green skinned ones but it seems we often only get the black bumpledy ones here

No breakfast today.
Bits lunch, 1 spoon pate, one spoon hummus, 5 olives, a tomato, a piece cucumber.2 spoons granola and a bit of cream
D: ready cooked chicken thighs reheated in the air fryer (makes them quite tasty), cabbage , carrots
About 6 blackcurrants and 10 redcurrants and 1 teaspoon granola with a spoon or 2 of cream
(That lunch and dinner was otherwise known as finishing off all the odds and ends before tomorrow's new supermarket delivery)

@SlimLizzy I think Echo falls is wine with added water and sugar, dressed up as flavourings. More like kids squash than a decent wine. For rose I've been enjoying Asdas pinot grigio Rose, nice and dry. Too many rose sold here are sweet by nature

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: ribs and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy I hope Errant’s tum settles down. That Echo Falls wine sounds terrible good for you insisting on the red.
Today I had airfried chicken drumsticks for lunch then a dollop of lazy mousse
Dinner was mixed grill - lamb chop, 1 chipolata small slice calves liver and some very pretty posh mushrooms fried in butter. About a tablespoon of Gk yog. View attachment 45937
Nice looking mushrooms! Where from?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 1 December - usually by now I am highly organised for Christmas. This year I have done absolutely nothing. @ianpspurs - I am with you. I hate all the dark & damp. We're getting close to sunset soon after the school pick up. Today the pick up was taken over by the 7 year old explaining what onomatopoeia & alliteration is. @Antje77 - I just knew it would be you when I saw the photo of the smoked sausage and the cat debating do I make a dive for it? @Annb - I fear you have reached the stage, as my Mum used to say to me, try a stick of dynamite!
Bed 6.9 FBG 7.
B. TAG and yet another cheese and ham toastie on SLC bread.
L. Nothing apart from a DGF no carrot
D. Another load of leftovers needing eaten so a salad, of prawns, a bit smoked salmon, avocado, santini tomatoes and a burrata. Yet another DGF no carrot and 2 squares of 85%.

@zauberflote- you can do it! If I can catch up anyone can.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

@Antje77 that Rookwurst looks like a very sensible carnivore meal to me :D
@maglil55 your capacity to catch up/keep on top of all the posts is amazing. Thanks for the update on the ‘instrument of torture’. Think I’m going to invest in one.

TMAD today. Once again at lunch time I didn’t fancy the kippers in the fridge (they’re second best Waitrose ones not the nice M&S Arbroath ones). Popped out to buy a rotisserie chicken instead. Whoever said you can’t overeat meat is wrong. Ate at least half of it.

Then couldn’t be bothered to cook so had cold chicken, Mestemacher bread and a pickled onion for dinner.
I'll reply before I forget. The instrument of torture is going well. When I registered the warranty, they encourage you to write a review which I did. Next thing I know I get an email from them saying 5hey are sending me a gift. I expected maybe massage oils or sticks. No, they sent me another instrument of torture. It's the older model, it's smaller and not as powerful but even so, not what I expected. I'm dropping it off at brother's so he can get the use of it to waken up his legs between physio visiting him.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It has been cold and snowy here today - forecast is for rain tomorrow which I look forward to anything but snow! Still managed a very fresh walk to and from work

11am - yoghurt with flaxseed and goji berries, mixed seeds, cinammon & raspberries on top then 2 sandwiches (slc bread) on cheese & onion then 2 squares 90% lindtt with peanut butter on top all washed down with a mug of earl grey (well it was to last me all day)

7pm - 2 slc cheese burger rolls with mushrooms & onions also and a little burger relish. Large glass of pepsi max and then sf jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

@Goonergal I am having a very hungry week too! - was starving when I got in from work - had very active day - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it - eh I won't bother weighing myself tomorrow I know what it will be ...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal and @DCUKMod you both make moo grob I think? Do you boil the pork for an hour before drying and air frying? And do you chill in the fridge overnight or fry straight after boiling and patting dry?

Reactions: ziggy_w