Started metformin

SQ71

A little about me first of - Annual hba1c check was 51 on 1 Jun 2020. Got that down to 40 by 1 Sep through weight loss and LCHF diet......Having a repeat hba1c done on Monday 7th, but expecting it to be back up in the 50's going of my average BS readings over the past 3 months.......This has occurred partly because I restricted carbs so severely that it was not maintainable in the long-term so I gradually slipped back into old habits.......secondly I've had no luck getting my fasting BS levels to come down into a normal range and have had daily readings between 7.5 to 9.5 in the past 6 months.

Doc tentatively has my diagnosis recorded as pre-diabetes at this stage, but decided to start me on 1 x 500mg of metformin per day to help with the insulin resistance which is at it's worst in the morning.

Took my first tab yesterday morning at 8.30am. No problems until later in the afternoon, then I started to feel yuck and vomited. My before lunch reading was 4.9, and 2 hours after lunch was 5.9. I ate nothing after lunchtime until 6pm, but my BS had jumped up to 6.8 by then. I guess I'm wondering, does vomiting raise blood sugar levels? I know they are not high numbers but it doesn't make sense that 5 hours after food, it is higher than it was 2 hours after food.