What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It is acknowedged that libre and bg strips differ if taken at the same time. Seem to remember that when you take a bg strip reading you should wait 15 minutes or so to do the libre reading. This allows them to equalise and should more or less be close to each other.
One of these days i will do a personal trial to see if this is the case.
I have done that experiment several times and so far it has held true.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ziggy_w thanks my lovely, plasterer did 2 coats this afternoon, hand rail was put on the wall for my mum for the shower and the guy said he'd be back around 9am tomorrow to paint then its just the radiator needs put back on, please keep everything crossed for me that it gets finished tomorrow!

@ert sounds like a nightmare of a time, hope things have settled for you now
xx

Reactions: hankjam

Chriztopher

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning.

Terrible over night though as I got an Indian take away last night, and they sent free rice despite me not ordering it, and it kinda fell in to my mouth (I have missed real rice!) and despite taking 15u with dinner and metformin it still ended up pushing me to 12.5

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right 5.8 on libre and 7.2 on finger prick. xdrip+ was showing 6.6 and i think that is the most likely reading to be honest as for me it is statistically in line with FBG after a non-fasting day... thing is I can't trust the finger prick strips anymore after last week's horrid aberrations that resulted in me throwing the entire box of remaining strips... i have ordered a caresens dual... am hoping that will provide more accurate readings...

Irrespective all these readings are fine - they are still in green zone and will come down as i progress with fasting. I also wonder if anyone here has an advise on what I am planning to do.. You see this month I have my daughter's birthday and mine... both fall on even dates and if I continue with current ADF schedule they will fall on fasting days... so i am just planning to extend my fasting day all the way until tomorrow night and will then have breakfast on Sunday morning... I will ofcourse keep a close watch on numbers and on even a slightest hint of negative signs I will eat something but just in theory is this ok or extending fast like this is a big no no...

Forgot to add an observation from yesterday... You see yesterday after a fairly long time I drove to Liverpool in evening rush hour. When I started my readings were in a respectable 5.9 and 45 minutes later when I reached the destination while manoeuvring the heavy traffic and checked my readings had shot to 7.3... thats the stress of driving working against us right there... what is worse it took about 20 minutes to come down to 6.9 by when I had to start back home and then when I was home it was high again at 7.5. Once back home snuggling my fur baby got the readings down to 6.3 in about 20 minutes....again showing my dog is the best therapy I have for busting stress :)

Last edited: