What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well MILs bungalow sale complete and money in her account, trickling out for care home fees. Feels odd I started courting Kath in 1965 and so have known this bungalow for many years, been in her family since built by her grandad and now it belongs to someone else, very strange but a relief it's done.

And whilst away the forum moved on at its usual amazing pace. Deep snow, sleet, blood letting, gluts of sprouts, leaky motorhomes, photos, art, booze, sore throats and seasonal colds, mysteries of heating boilers, distraction of computer gaming and newbies, welcome @kaylz91 to this place.

So hugs for those needing them, winners for those having some good moments and fingers crossed for those getting things done or waiting results.

@dunelm thanks for your comments on Snowdon Painting, I did do a little more and it worked, not posted it again so not to be repetitive. Like your leaves, inspired by yesterday's walk, nice composition.

I have fiddled around with three Christmas Card designs all based on previous ideas, I have to remember to whome I sent which design, Birch tree one is easiest to do so probably all be along those lines, so this is my art for today.....

View attachment 45960 View attachment 45961 View attachment 45962
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist and big hugs to Kath about the bungalow moving on. I have some idea how that must feel, my brother in law had to sell their family home to pay for his father’s care home fees. His father made salt on Ile Noirmoutier and he built the house from the bricks that his wife made for him out of clay. Sad times.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well MILs bungalow sale complete and money in her account, trickling out for care home fees. Feels odd I started courting Kath in 1965 and so have known this bungalow for many years, been in her family since built by her grandad and now it belongs to someone else, very strange but a relief it's done.

And whilst away the forum moved on at its usual amazing pace. Deep snow, sleet, blood letting, gluts of sprouts, leaky motorhomes, photos, art, booze, sore throats and seasonal colds, mysteries of heating boilers, distraction of computer gaming and newbies, welcome @kaylz91 to this place.

So hugs for those needing them, winners for those having some good moments and fingers crossed for those getting things done or waiting results.

@dunelm thanks for your comments on Snowdon Painting, I did do a little more and it worked, not posted it again so not to be repetitive. Like your leaves, inspired by yesterday's walk, nice composition.

I have fiddled around with three Christmas Card designs all based on previous ideas, I have to remember to whome I sent which design, Birch tree one is easiest to do so probably all be along those lines, so this is my art for today.....

View attachment 45960 View attachment 45961 View attachment 45962

I like all 3 @Muddy Cyclist

I would be doing the birch trunks. Easiest to do, at least for me!

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No surprise to anyone that I like the one with the Church best. Fully sympathise with Kath over the sale of the bungalow. Diminishes one in a way even a death can't IMHO. Fortunately, I gather that like me you are some distance away and won't pass it often to have your nose rubbed in it so to speak.
Yep, no need ever to go to Willenhall again as my Aunty who just popped her clogs was our last relative there.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist and big hugs to Kath about the bungalow moving on. I have some idea how that must feel, my brother in law had to sell their family home to pay for his father’s care home fees. His father made salt on Ile Noirmoutier and he built the house from the bricks that his wife made for him out of clay. Sad times.
Thank you, wewill move on I'm sure.
I like all 3 @Muddy Cyclist

I would be doing the birch trunks. Easiest to do, at least for me!
Thank you.

Like that every day object turned into a piece of art, well seen,well drawn.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK! I had to give into cheer Mrs MC, Kathy up and get in the loft to gather Christmas stuff.

Kath said if I was going to walk around with Christmas Ribbons and Mask singing Sheffield Carols which most of the public don't know and anyway I only know the bass part, there was no reason not to put up our Christmas tree....
Me in Christmas gear trying to look cool, somber but festive....
IMG_4201.JPG

And the result of Christmas tree decorating, whilst Kate Rusty sang Sheffield Carols....

IMG_4207.JPG

Finished tree froma distance...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better join in here as reckon its due to me the little "reminder" was posted in the other FBG thread :oops:

Anyways its a 6.0 for me, have woken with a really sore throat, my own fault, I spent the majority of yesterday vaping on a dud coil :rolleyes:

Please can everyone keep their fingers, in fact everything crossed that our bathroom is fully finished today, would appreciate it greatly, thanks
xx
Oh really? Awww ... which one?

Kept everything crossed which made running for the bus a bit tricky... but did it work? Did the room-of-bath get finished?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

we managed to miss most of yesterday's 'thundersnow' here fortunately, we just had torrential rain today instead ;)

most of two days' posts to read and catch up on :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@kaylz91 - welcome to the thread :)

@SlimLizzy - hugs, and I hope your photo files are still safe on the drive :(

@dunelm - that's a pleasing foliage sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your Christmas cards are lovely, I haven't ever considered painting my own it's a thoughtful gesture and I like your festive mask style :) the tree looks great, very festive, harmony restored ;)

@gennepher - Like your telegraph pole very much, a strong graphic image, misty mornings can produce some magical effects :)

@JohnEGreen - Congratulations, you must be so pleased and relieved :joyful:

art bit - pen and watercolour drawing of some Autumn ferns in Mum's garden.

upload_2020-12-4_19-20-8.jpeg

Last edited:

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh really? Awww ... which one?

Kept everything crossed which made running for the bus a bit tricky... but did it work? Did the room-of-bath get finished?
Which FBG thread? (with some chat)

:oops: hope you still managed to get your bus! But yes it worked, we now have our bathroom finished and flat back to ourselves! :) xx

lindisfel

Expert
That could do better nonsense would have a teacher fired these days. There is/was a formula for writing reports and folks such as me had to read a proportion, quantify mistakes and off piste efforts then record in the culprit's performance management record or politely suggest a new career might be a good idea.

They did a lot worse, Ian!
Including beating lads like me with regular doses of the cane.
My friend from school says,(now he is 82) you were not bad, just a dreamer.

I had a lot happen to make me dream, Ian.
Three tragic family deaths before I was 7, a teenage sister who was neurotic and a mother who had a breakdown.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. :)
You needn't wonder why I hate predestination theology.
D.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They did a lot worse, Ian!
Including beating lads like me with regular doses of the cane.
My friend from school says,(now he is 82) you were not bad, just a dreamer.

I had a lot happen to make me dream, Ian.
Three tragic family deaths before I was 7, a teenage sister who was neurotic and a mother who had a breakdown.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. :)
You needn't wonder why I hate predestination theology.
D.
Hug for that start in life and Predestination theory. I have just read a wonderful poem called Annunciation by Scott Cairns which appeals much more that Predestination. You may like this.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

we managed to miss most of yesterday's 'thundersnow' here fortunately, we just had torrential rain today instead ;)

most of two days' posts to read and catch up on :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@kaylz91 - welcome to the thread :)

@SlimLizzy - hugs, and I hope your photo files are still safe on the drive :(

@dunelm - that's a pleasing foliage sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your Christmas cards are lovely, I haven't ever considered painting my own it's a thoughtful gesture and I like your festive mask style :) the tree looks great, very festive, harmony restored ;)

@gennepher - Like your telegraph pole very much, a strong graphic image, misty mornings can produce some magical effects :)

@JohnEGreen - Congratulations, you must be so pleased and relieved :joyful:

art bit - pen and watercolour drawing of some Autumn ferns in Mum's garden.

View attachment 45969
Thank you, yes harmonious feelings and all is well.

I do like your fern studies and the use of a washed blue background enhances them beautifully.

I have painted Christmas Cards for some 6 years now. The embarrassing thing is friends we give them to frame them and hang them on their walls, a nice gesture but I do find it embarrassing thinking they feel they should rather than they really like them, keeps me on my toes though. :) You should certainly give it ago.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for that start in life and Predestination theory. I have just read a wonderful poem called Annunciation by Scott Cairns which appeals much more that Predestination. You may like this.
Wonderful poem, I have not come across this poet before, I must search out more. I do prefer Annunciation by John Donne but then I am biased as I have always enjoyed his poetry. I have saved both versions on my iPad and will return to them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful poem, I have not come across this poet before, I must search out more. I do prefer Annunciation by John Donne but then I am biased as I have always enjoyed his poetry. I have saved both versions on my iPad and will return to them.
John Donne was yesterday. Until then I hadn't come across his La Corona poems. Malcolm Guite has a poem a day for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany. My "ritual" is to go into a separate room, read the poem and analysis, research anything I need to then do more research on the Speyside.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
John Donne was yesterday. Until then I hadn't come across his La Corona poems. Malcolm Guite has a poem a day for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany. My "ritual" is to go into a separate room, read he poem and analysis, research anything I need to then do more research on the Speyside.
I had read La Corona Poems in the dim and distant past, I had forgotten them, thank you for the link I will certainly revisit them. Enjoy the analysis and research, does the Speyside involve having to taste a smidgin or two. :) My research is enlightened by looking into Old Pulteney.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had read La Corona Poems in the dim and distant past, I had forgotten them, thank you for the link I will certainly revisit them. Enjoy the analysis and research, does the Speyside involve having to taste a smidgin or two. :) My research is enlightened by looking into Old Pulteney.
This evening's research involves quality checking some Glenmorangie. Tough old gig but I shall bear up stoically

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

lindisfel

Expert

Thank you Ian, poetry has tremendous power wrapped in pithy words.

I thought I believed Ian, but didn't really meet my Captain until I was 37 and life will never be the same again.

I wish I could tell you the road was easy from then on, but it was not.
I am glad you have found him to be a sustaining power.
Derek