Pain in feet

Caprock94

I’m dealing with a burning/aching feeling in feet. No numbness. Diagnosed last April with no symptoms. Pain started as blood sugar normalized. Pain has been there for about 6 months now. Varies in intensity. Worse after walking a lot. A1C at 5.2% last two checks.

For those that had foot pain that went away or greatly diminished, how long did it take?

M

Member496333

Familiar story. My diabetes had crept up on me so insidiously that I hadn't really even noticed numb feet besides perhaps some mild loss of feeling in the soles. Crashing my sugars revealed hidden pain. The kind of pain that would bring down a rhino. Paleo/keto (zero sugars, sweeteners, grains or seed oils) fixed mine fairly quickly after it had been getting exponentially worse with time. Took only a few weeks/months to become manageable.

I have no way of knowing if it may have eventually healed of its own accord, but that wasn't my interpretation at the time. Now my feet feel amazing 24/7/365, so with a little good fortune, it definitely is at least possible to reverse neuropathy. It amuses me to this day that every morning when I wake up, I am eternally grateful for having feet that feel "amazing". I know for sure that the regular person doesn't often consider how good their feet feel :hilarious:

Reactions: Caprock94

shaikanwar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Numbness in your feet and hands could be caused by Metformin tablets, usually prescribed to Diabetics. I wish there was an alternative.

Caprock94

Numbness in your feet and hands could be caused by Metformin tablets, usually prescribed to Diabetics. I wish there was an alternative.

I haven't had any numbness. Just a burning/aching feeling in feet, especially after walking a lot and my hands feel warmer than usual at times. Also not taking any meds. LCHF diet.

DannyMac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2 had pain and numbness in my feet for years now when I brought it up with the nurse she explained it was just part of the illness nerve damage you learn to live with it,but it is important that you look after your feet as best you can

SilverK

I have burning and stabbing pains but not just in my feet. All the way up my legs, thighs being the worst, hips and lower back as well as the sides of my hands and forearms. There’s no numbness (though I often wish there was!) and my control is good so my diabetic team says it’s not caused by my diabetes. Taking into account everything else that hurts and extreme tiredness they’ve put a label of Chronic Pain Syndrome on it, probably until they can think of a better one!
Amitriptyline didn’t work so I’m now on Gabapentin. It’s early days but so far so good. I’m sitting in a chair and I can honestly say for the first time in months that my clothes aren’t hurting my skin. Well, as long as I don’t move anyway!
As for non doctor treatments for foot pain, there’s a Neuropathy rubbing oil, with frankincense and stuff in, that I bought on Amazon. Absolutely brilliant. Doesn’t help the rest of me but it knocks out foot pain in seconds.
Good luck with it!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am T2 had pain and numbness in my feet for years now when I brought it up with the nurse she explained it was just part of the illness nerve damage you learn to live with it,but it is important that you look after your feet as best you can
...There's stuff you can try though... If you get your blood sugars normalised your nerves may heal. CBD or straight weed may help, otherwise amytriptiline and vit B supplements. And better shoes.

B1GSTU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite new here, so didn’t know if I have to stick to thread or can ask a different question?
I’ve been out playing football this morning first time since lockdown2, had some chicken soup for lunch pre lunch BG was 8.2 two hours later was 6.6. Anyone got a handle on that as I thought it was always going to be higher than pre meal reading?

SilverK

It sometimes takes longer to hit than 2hrs. Also your blood sugar can be higher after exercise and the blood sugar lowering aspect of exercise can also kick in much later in the day. Unfortunately it isn’t an exact science. See where you are at 4hrs. - the bump could also have happened sooner than 2hrs so you missed it. - I have a Libre sensor, so I can see that my lunch cause a little bump about an hour after eating and now at 2hrs, it’s lower than before I ate.
You’ll get more replies if you put this in another thread, say the blood sugar readings or diet/exercise related one. May be a moderator will move it for you. Don’t worry about where to ask if your not sure, it’s better to ask in a slightly random place than not to ask at all!

Last edited: