Pump basics

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you change length of tube or type/length of cannulas you must also change the fill size with the Insight as well.
I got my alarm going off at 30units so it gives me a whole day warning...
Tonight it went off so I've taken the insulin cartridge out of the fridge to warm up to change tomorrow afternoon when I come home and have my bath...giving cartridge warm up time us definitely best. Especially as it is glass it takes longer than a plastic cartridge to warm up (I think)....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If you change length of tube or type/length of cannulas you must also change the fill size with the Insight as well.
I got my alarm going off at 30units so it gives me a whole day warning...
Tonight it went off so I've taken the insulin cartridge out of the fridge to warm up to change tomorrow afternoon when I come home and have my bath...giving cartridge warm up time us definitely best. Especially as it is glass it takes longer than a plastic cartridge to warm up (I think)....

DD, I was told taking the insulin out of the fridge an hour before was ample time, but the longer the better I suppose.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've taken mine out now ready for 6.30 in the morning to change. Getting up a little earlier to give me plenty of time to do it

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
DD, I was told taking the insulin out of the fridge an hour before was ample time, but the longer the better I suppose.

I think 1hour is the norm that is stated.. But I have from the combo pump bubble days becoming paranoid and just think if I alarm 24 hours ahead, then take it out as a reminder to do and really let it de-chill. It is also a reminder. As the cartridges only last 3 days its not as if I'm going to go anywhere near the 28days at a warmed up room temperature.

Probably just my paranoia!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

bridkid_74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im due to go on pump tomorrow. To be honest ive been dreading it. Ive read so much about pumping on here, websites and in books there just seems so much work involved and i thought it may be slightly better than mdi regime. However inthe few minutes that ive just spent reading your post it has made me feel so much happier. Massive thankyou. Xx

Reactions: bradleynewton1993

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
Im due to go on pump tomorrow. To be honest ive been dreading it. Ive read so much about pumping on here, websites and in books there just seems so much work involved and i thought it may be slightly better than mdi regime. However inthe few minutes that ive just spent reading your post it has made me feel so much happier. Massive thankyou. Xx
It's too much work but it's worth the efforts as it keeps your bms in shape

AliceGreen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, i live in the UK and have just got the Medtronic minimed 640g - can any recommend the best insurance to purchase?

Reactions: lgrenter

MandyJean

I hav been on the T Slim since September. Pump is good but struggling with Camila's. Started on 90 degree inserts but found they fell out easily and failed because not reaching the right level under skin. Resulted in lots of high sugars, injections to correct. Now trying 30 degree Camila's, again same type of problems, poor inserting, still going very high after insert. In all my years of pumping I have never had to inject after problems. Now it is a regular occurrence. It is starting to get me down. Can anyone advise. Forgot to say lots of bruising going on too.