What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heyho, been finding life challenging. Hope everyone is well.
Have been having nice steady 5.5 to 5.8 fasting, but erratic variances later, some days. High as 11.4 an hour after eating, (ok, so it was 2 slices of thick toast with butter and lemon curd) dropping to 3.2 after another hour. This low has also happened without the naughty deviant toast munching. Don’t like that low. Feel cold to the core when that happens.
Going to behave and start reporting daily again.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Posting 8.2 this morning which is right between the 8.1 and 8.3 my 2 meters gave me. The new meter gave the lower number again today, as at yesterday's first trial, but not as much lower.

Have two meters kept as a back up to my libre. Sticking lancets into fingers multiple times per day is just not my scene. The libre is infinitely easier to use. I do not mind the cost of paying for it myself even if i have been refused its use on the NHS. I look upon it as an investment in my health.

Reactions: Chriztopher

HN2020

4.7 on finger prick and 4.2 on libre...

60 hours of fasting and I did not have any hunger pangs nor did I feel depleted of energy.

My average blood sugar was 5.4 yesterday... ketone around 16.00 was 3.4 so I was in therapeutic ketosis level at that time ... bit of reading suggested those numbers are nothing to be worried about and are Infact almost aspirational... although not quite sure how they are helpful but hey what doesnt kill me makes me stronger and all that... :D

Only problem was that my wife and daughter were constantly worried and I had to keep reassuring them that I am feeling absolutely fine.

Still not in a rush to enter kitchen... have a great Sunday people. :) :)View attachment 46012
New to this - why fasting? Did you really not eat for 60 hours? I thought this wasn’t a good idea (especially if taking medication). Curious

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
24 hour fast.
MiL was 94 yesterday, so baked her a cake...... there might be some cake in the system today......

d67dpLNHlLdBRgfz_O4t5t6FDw_j3CHkrAUQN5bmXiJWbOyTI3n3MS_nAwfIEMU9ulfR0L-s7oLMGMBtgAmGXhWNeCiijciUoZ1o6Og2ocA7kPCn8KkmKWvY_i6juHpt0_HIzj86mY1Vj8oiyHGj2oobn8_Rt48ChugNiZid9t3fFd52tPIMPoVUkk9AyehxhLSvGHpyEQaHkDU83CTPfx_0nJ1foRhA9NfrDJPKH-OzXNwIfVATbQ1TPqzmfOT69v2j2fDBNGMbFv6tP7P0KgXj0ZbGdc3A0aq47oznLARU1QlS0N7hlBFgKXEx0VGWJd0HAUXBuEfxIFMAl8J5NTXmAeOPsjvF5CK0N0aBWmZJUaZGu_DAonAj8v5Xzo4phjq-Wt-Fz_wec8rcICrevEfs8NeNkJev2K2SF0tttbGfkukbh2u7zhoVZTNxWUrkR-0JWoWDklihTVbzirZW5Fd25NdFzI98eoFIOij1TH9_zDzKlX-d_XXF9yq50ahBQNNx-5GmbNaT8qXfA1V8qY0AcnmGgn1HTM8uF4eIXAQSNb8Wb4BBT0lax_JPkPfpqKmJkvxJp9e1iHGOr8V0IhUjyi0B8oL3Sg2VHtnAnJ6BswptscDYFz204-rQrzKlP-G8-XaEp2syuwNiUASA5rKST26aRhxySfbWzklpWDJdufzgRk1v3KGcpMvF=w1214-h910-no