What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 on finger prick and 4.8 on Libre. Nothing unexpected at all after the non-fasting day.

Another interesting observation yesterday - I had this client presentation and I was not at all anxious or nervous about it as I do such presentations routinely but I noticed that during presentation my blood sugar reading climbed from 5.1 to 7.8 by the time this meeting was over and then after meeting while the trend was downwards it took nearly 2 hours before it was back to 5.1.

I have no idea what would have caused the spike - like I said I was not nervous or anxious and had not had any food for almost 2.5 hours before the meeting started. Breakfast is the meal I had before that meeting which was at about 9.30 and it was just the standard breakfast 2 poached eggs, low carb almond flour bread slice and an Avacado.

Perhaps there are some anxiety levels that I don't even feel... what else can it be.

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning.

Fasted until 4pm today as I always do before blood tests, just in case the doctor wanted to run extra tests. BGs must have dropped quite low by then as I felt extremely tired + headache but immediately felt better once some food passed my lips :woot:

Had my lateral flow test for COVID, negative for the second time thankfully!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1565813211044.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 on finger prick and 4.8 on Libre. Nothing unexpected at all after the non-fasting day.

Another interesting observation yesterday - I had this client presentation and I was not at all anxious or nervous about it as I do such presentations routinely but I noticed that during presentation my blood sugar reading climbed from 5.1 to 7.8 by the time this meeting was over and then after meeting while the trend was downwards it took nearly 2 hours before it was back to 5.1.

I have no idea what would have caused the spike - like I said I was not nervous or anxious and had not had any food for almost 2.5 hours before the meeting started. Breakfast is the meal I had before that meeting which was at about 9.30 and it was just the standard breakfast 2 poached eggs, low carb almond flour bread slice and an Avacado.

Perhaps there are some anxiety levels that I don't even feel... what else can it be.

I think that would be the case for me sometimes. Nervous without my usual indications. I think I'm "fine" -- but BP can skyrocket.