What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods came back at 48 so .... talking to the more sympathetic GP next week when he gets back off leave.
No details on Cholesterol (looks like it was not even tested for - Liver Function, Renal Profile & Full blood count all normal.

Updated sig.
That is a brilliant result. Good idea to wait and talk to the more sympathetic GP.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good choice and very possible indeed. You would be most welcome.
FB_IMG_1546268093559.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - thanks for your kind comments - purple pads working for his keep. Ipastel could do with a cat cancel function - or not! Good acrylic style aqueduct - where did you hide the spotlight? Procreate - draw line and hold - it goes straight - same for arcs and circles.

Best go - my daily word count is maxing out already - painting today is a bit of brush practice on lining paper. Wonder if I can get in another koffy?

View attachment 46180

Purple pads needs to work for his keep. He has just changed his likes and dislikes of cat food, and needs a whole new pantry of cat food...
iPastel is not so forgiving of a cat's input, whereas Procreate is a bit more understanding.

I have driven down into Welsh valleys and rainy stormy days, and then the sunlight suddenly comes out and just lights up just a few small fields or areas of grass with this golden yellow green. That was what I was trying to get with the aqueduct.

Thank you. I don't quite seem to have quite got the hang of Procreate's lines/circles/arcs. I think I need to Google a you tube tutorial on that. I know it sounds odd using a cardboard ruler on the iPad :wideyed:

Edit to add on your painting.
I like these paintings very much. Plenty of dramatic high cliffs. and perspective.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Christmas sweater day, RIP Barbara Windsor and Paulo Rossi (amongst so many others). @lindisfel and @Muddy Cyclist farmers and the euphemistic Aussie cluster whatsit? I haven't spoken to farmers in Breckland. Most agriculture around here appears to be very large scale agribusiness or part of much larger conglomerates e.g. Lord Iveagh, Duke of Grafton. Small farmers I knew well back in The Old Country ™ felt that kind of interest has all but sounded the death knell for them. As for the deal or no deal farce this is about right IMHO. "For four excruciating years, our shifty government has tried to convince the EU that a Brexit Britain won’t need to be reined in. But they haven’t succeeded. Rules are often about power. And in Europe, unlike in Britain, the Conservatives are not in charge." Courtesy of Andy Beckett. The bad news is inside Johnsonia the lies, rule breaking and poohshow has only just begun. A triumphally hailed no deal exit will fire the starting gun. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull and dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
I am afraid they are in love with the "over the top boys" and "up boys and at 'em" attitude. They shouldn't have kept laying down pre-battle artillery, Germans today and the French have outlived their pasts, now we are on track for an enormous act of harm to the weak....we don't even have the satisfaction of seeing these prats in destitution.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

SilverK

Just had my latest blood test results. They still don’t know why I’m tired and hurting all the time but my Hba1c was 118 at the end of September and now it’s 68 Yes, I know it’s still too high but I’m really pleased with that. My cholesterol has dropped from 6.5 to 3.5 too.
Sorry, just felt the need to shout about it.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my latest blood test results. They still don’t know why I’m tired and hurting all the time but my Hba1c was 118 at the end of September and now it’s 68 Yes, I know it’s still too high but I’m really pleased with that. My cholesterol has dropped from 6.5 to 3.5 too.
Absolutely stunning results on both counts. You should be proud as a peacock, over the moon etc. Shout, shout, let it all out. Top, top stuff. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Reactions: mojo37 and SilverK

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brilliant!
:)

Reactions: mojo37 and SilverK

lindisfel

Expert
I watch the football and sleep a tad, meanwhile this thread explodes. Swipey may or may not have my fbg right at 4.8 but almost £100 per month deserves some functionality methinks. And now we're off. @karen8967 good gel for the meme - I wouldn't dream of insulting you with filthy lucre, help yourself to your favourite tipple next time you are round (vodka? from memory); @Muddy Cyclist great Georgian gentleman and lovely flooring. I adore Hardy - somewhere in box city I have all his books and I think The Darkling Thrush is about right for December. Good poem for @lindisfel's king of the garden. Also beautiful photos young sir. @Krystyna23040 phone the wrong way round to read QR codes? Were you born in Norfolk or just fully naturalised now? I'm in danger of making this post too long - may split my ramblings into a few smaller efforts. 'Tis Super salmon (with crispy skin) and avo salad Friday in my domain. Cheerypip droogs.

You must have a real dilemma, Ian.
I wouldn't find it easy to show my adoration for the Special One? :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You must have a real dilemma, Ian.
I wouldn't find it easy to show my adoration for the Special One? :)
In my working days I was complimented on my relationships with the special ones. I told them I couldn't take any credit I had a secret weapon - marrying a Londoner. Gives a chap a head start in that business.:angelic:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from vet. Archie's paw almost healed - just one tiny bit is still not completely healed over. I think it is the bit between his toes that is hard for us to see. He is on a half dose of steroids for another week and then a quarter dose for one week more. Vet thinks he will be fine and we don't need to book another appointment.

Just need to continue to restrict walking on hard surfaces but can do plenty of walking on soft ground. So really good news.

Really good news indeed! So glad for Archie and you all. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner all round - dead chuffed for you

Reactions: tklee

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just developed a man crush on Mark Rutte and there's still Super salmon and avo salad to come. Just watched Elf for the first time ever - granddaughter crashed out after 10 mins. You're my bestest friends and no scientific experiments yet. Some days are diamonds, some days are rust:angelic:
upload_2020-12-11_17-14-1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
I've just developed a man crush on Mark Rutte and there's still Super salmon and avo salad to come. Just watched Elf for the first time ever - granddaughter crashed out after 10 mins. You're my bestest friends and no scientific experiments yet. Some days are diamonds, some days are rust:angelic:
View attachment 46187

Can't people in that UK see Johnson is just posturing to try to put the E.U. in a bad light.
He shouldn't posture anyway, he is getting more overweight and needs a better figure!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's poem - personally I found it challenging but I think that is the point. I am a rum cove though so pay no heed to that. Obvious religious allusions but some poignancy with these COVID times IMHO. Well crafted poem anyhow.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

a wet and windy day here in the far North ;)
Spend yesterday evening doing the Christmas cards (instead of finishing my painting :sorry:), at least those that needed posting are now gone :angelic:

Hope your day is treating you well

@RFSMarch and @SilverK very well done for your blood results :joyful:

@SlimLizzy - good news that they've caught it early :)

@Krystyna23040 - good progress for Archie :)

@lindisfel - a lovely set of pictures :)
and now you've mentioned sweet Fanlight Adams I have an earworm, George Formby singing 'Fanlight *****' :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - snazzy! ;) especially like the tricorn :D
there is a serpent in the Abbey at Selby (I was baptised there ;))

@gennepher - stunning picture of the viaduct, the strong light and the foliage have worked particularly well :)

@dunelm - another fine picture, adding someone contemplating the vista has given the river gorge great scale, I like the buildings peeping through in the background too :)

art bit -

based on a photo I saw on the net :)
upload_2020-12-11_20-35-48.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spend yesterday evening doing the Christmas cards (instead of finishing my painting :sorry:), at least those that needed posting are now gone :angelic:
You are doing really well. I have only done my cards that are going to Canada, USA and Ireland.

Yes, it is so good that Archie's foot is healing really well. He does love his walks so much so it is good that he can do them now.