What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

4.5 from me when I finally woke this morning.

Guys? I keep reading a bit of bemusement at the discrepancy with Libres & meter's on this topic.
Did you know; There are at least 2 trusted free downloadable apps used, (Glimp & xDrip.) I use the latter.
They can be calibrated with your meter? I get fresh updates on my device every 5 minutes using a Bluetooth bridge.
If I blood test? Counting back 3 or 4 dots (15/20 minutes on the graph.) then check it's within 0.6mmol. Then calibrate accordingly if not..
No need to hang about wasting quarter of an hour.. ;) Hope this helps?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I give up trying to understand this diabetes malarkey. Yesterday did no exercise whatsoever, have a bit of a cold and had a very bad night, waking at 4 and going back to sleep at 6 :30. Finally had to get up at 8:30 feeling dreadful...
But bg of 4.7, second best ever yet!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I give up trying to understand this diabetes malarkey. Yesterday did no exercise whatsoever, have a bit of a cold and had a very bad night, waking at 4 and going back to sleep at 6 :30. Finally had to get up at 8:30 feeling dreadful...
But bg of 4.7, second best ever yet!!!
You need a Hunner rating.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to update this morning ... I had 7 on finger prick and 6 on libre... it was a bit high and has been in 7 pretty much whole day despite it being a fasting day. Only in evening it started coming down after i was back from gym... I hope this is, as explained by Dr. Fung, my liver getting rid of fat ... as if its not that then I am just not sure what is going on here...

Irrespective I have decided to extend my fast to tomorrow and see what happens... so perhaps another 60 hrs or maybe even 72 hrs fast if I can pull it through...

I wont lie I am at the moment feeling very nervous ... what if all good results I have been seeing are about to go away...

One more thing that happened pretty much whole day was a bit of continuous headache... not severe but nagging... it went away after my 45 minutes of exercising...

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today
@nutribolt are you sure you’re drinking enough on your fast? Bone broth or loads of water with a pinch of salt is recommended to keep up those electrolytes. Might help the headache.

Thanks... Yeah am drinking roughly 4.5 to 5 ltrs of fluids in form of water, mint tea, coffee, lemonade minus sugar and vegetable broth in evening... plus on fasting day i take a tablet of salts too ( attached the photo of one I got around the time i started fasting)

Reading on libre right now shows 4.2 and on xdrip 6.1... havent done finger prick yet but xdrip has been consistently closer to finger prick numbers...

Does anyone know how long before Liver empties itself of all the accumulated fat... must be all that coke from Uni days :(
SmartSelect_20201212-085321_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks... Yeah am drinking roughly 4.5 to 5 ltrs of fluids in form of water, mint tea, coffee, lemonade minus sugar and vegetable broth in evening... plus on fasting day i take a tablet of salts too ( attached the photo of one I got around the time i started fasting)

Reading on libre right now shows 4.2 and on xdrip 6.1... havent done finger prick yet but xdrip has been consistently closer to finger prick numbers...

Does anyone know how long before Liver empties itself of all the accumulated fat... must be all that coke from Uni days :(View attachment 46197

Good luck with the fasting today then. Re the liver, maybe post on the ‘Ask a Question’ bit of the forum where a lot more people will see it?