worries

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI all

I am diabetic type 2 i recently had covid 19 was off work for 6 weeks for the first three weeks i was in bed and cant remember much about it and still suffering with no sleep and heacaches but im here, since learning that some have reacted to the covid vaccine im worried about having it as i reacted badly to the flu jab and therefore i dont have it, i dont carry a epi pen as not life threatning reaction but made me very ill, and my face swelled up both eyes , eyelids and under the eye and my face very red and icthy to the point i could rarely see well out of my eyes, so youn can see why i did not have it again, but i get told you cant react to the flu jab and i also reacted to some medication they tried to change to a cheaper option the same reaction happend and then i was put back on original tablets i was all for the covid jab but im just concerned now as i remember being quite bad from the flu jab reason i wont have it.

Anyway i would love for people to comment as i will be put under pressure to have as work in a ambulance control room and its bad enough when i have to sign to say i dont want flu jab feel so pressured
thanks Jan

simonr1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People telling me "You can't eat this and You can't eat that." and of course " You don't look Diabetic!"
At the moment they are looking to licence at least 3 other vaccines. You might be better off with one of those as they are all different. Stay safe and good luck.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI all

I am diabetic type 2 i recently had covid 19 was off work for 6 weeks for the first three weeks i was in bed and cant remember much about it and still suffering with no sleep and heacaches but im here, since learning that some have reacted to the covid vaccine im worried about having it as i reacted badly to the flu jab and therefore i dont have it, i dont carry a epi pen as not life threatning reaction but made me very ill, and my face swelled up both eyes , eyelids and under the eye and my face very red and icthy to the point i could rarely see well out of my eyes, so youn can see why i did not have it again, but i get told you cant react to the flu jab and i also reacted to some medication they tried to change to a cheaper option the same reaction happend and then i was put back on original tablets i was all for the covid jab but im just concerned now as i remember being quite bad from the flu jab reason i wont have it.

Anyway i would love for people to comment as i will be put under pressure to have as work in a ambulance control room and its bad enough when i have to sign to say i dont want flu jab feel so pressured
thanks Jan

Jan, I think this is a conversation you need to have with your GP, pointing out all your concerns, then if the medical advice is that you should not have the vaccine, if your line manager is concerned about it, it is a conversation to have witth your Occupational Health/Wellness people.

At the end of the day, I cannot imagine your employer would wish to put you in danger - either way.

As @simonr1 has pointed out there are several vaccines in the approvals process, which work in differing ways, and will almost certainly have a variety of formulations.

It's certainly not nice to feel pressured into something, if you feel it is not in the best interests of you or the person applying the pressure, but I'd urge you to take it steady for now. It could be a while before vaccinations are available to you, and information and guidance is developing daily, as everyone learns more about the virus and how to manage it.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI all

thanks Jan
Do you have any allergies? The flu jab can be a problem if you have an allergy to eggs, there are versions which are not grown in eggs for such people. As far as I know the Covid-19 vaccines do not involve eggs in their manufacture.