What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Really lazy as we got up 2 hours later than usual and probably the higher reading is DP.

I think it might be a a lazy day altogether, although I probably need to get on with Christmas cards today.
You earned a lazy day with your efforts yesterday. Are Christmas cards going the way of wheel tappers and knocker uppers? What does one do with them any old how? Leave it with you - oh, keep an eye on Mr K's glass please. There's a good gel. Maybe he'd like a sandwich while you're there?:angelic:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Felicitations, exultations, commiserations, generous libations and negotiations to one and all. New Swipey not yet house trained so even more nolens volens than the norm. Lovely fellow Little Norm, lives in a sewing thimble and only drinks dandelion juice.
@dogslife hug for the worry over mum's nursing home. Those walks were even more idyllic. We always crossed the Meridian line (marked by an Oak my uncle, as chair of the Parish Council, planted for Millennium); the churchyard is in sight of my great grandparents house (he was Church warden when the Church collapsed); @Muddy Cyclist delicate hug for Kath - manly one for you; @lindisfel I hope your migraine isn’t too bad today and I'm certain The Duchess will look after you and also she (and daughter) will gently remind/ chide you by proffering the advice that you're not as young as you were. Great fbg and you too enjoy your remaining weekend @karen8967 - maybe hunt down some dirty Goose/Geese:angelic: Which Johnny Cash cover version wins out? I won't back down or I hurt myself today? Such jolly japes. Laters, dudes.
Thank you@ianpspurs. You have very special memories to treasure. :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone from a rather blank canvas of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a beetroot risotto (cauliflower rice) with goats cheese and pancetta came in at 4.8 this am

Slept in this morning - was it that Teeling tipple blarney?

@Muddy Cyclist - thanks for the info about Laureena and well done Mrs MC with the Christmas Ribbons - all the best to her today with the hospital visit.
@lindisfel - hope you feel a little better today - feet up - a bit of pampering works wonders.
@ianpspurs - some good words sir, it is certainly not the so called “essentials” that come to mind when we contemplate loss at this time of year.
@geefull - Great cliffs from you. The seemingly simple calm, well drawn and painted.
@dogslife - sorry to read about your mum and can only hope that she and other residents come through with only mild symptoms - difficult times.
@gennepher - smashing sketch of his lordship - great flow in those lines.

Dug out my santa hat for our zoom call with the grandchildren last night - it says North Yorkshire Moors Railway 2015 on it, in gold stitching - Mrs Miggins used to do the Santa Special when she was a station foreman at Grosmont. Question from one - “grandad, you have your santa hat on, is it magic?”
“Of course, but if I tell you what it does then the magic is lost.”
“Oh! OK. Look what we are having for dinner.” - how quickly things change when you are but 6 years old.

Painting today - another photo - Pillar Rock in the Lake District - the foreground is entirely made up. Have a calm and peaceful day. Koffy is already in the pot.

View attachment 46223
Thank you@
Good morning everyone from a rather blank canvas of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a beetroot risotto (cauliflower rice) with goats cheese and pancetta came in at 4.8 this am

Slept in this morning - was it that Teeling tipple blarney?

@Muddy Cyclist - thanks for the info about Laureena and well done Mrs MC with the Christmas Ribbons - all the best to her today with the hospital visit.
@lindisfel - hope you feel a little better today - feet up - a bit of pampering works wonders.
@ianpspurs - some good words sir, it is certainly not the so called “essentials” that come to mind when we contemplate loss at this time of year.
@geefull - Great cliffs from you. The seemingly simple calm, well drawn and painted.
@dogslife - sorry to read about your mum and can only hope that she and other residents come through with only mild symptoms - difficult times.

Dug out my santa hat for our zoom call with the grandchildren last night - it says North Yorkshire Moors Railway 2015 on it, in gold stitching - Mrs Miggins used to do the Santa Special when she was a station foreman at Grosmont. Question from one - “grandad, you have your santa hat on, is it magic?”
“Of course, but if I tell you what it does then the magic is lost.”
“Oh! OK. Look what we are having for dinner.” - how quickly things change when you are but 6 years old.

Painting today - another photo - Pillar Rock in the Lake District - the foreground is entirely made up. Have a calm and peaceful day. Koffy is already in the pot.

View attachment 46223
Thank you@ dunelm :)

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You earned a lazy day with your efforts yesterday. Are Christmas cards going the way of wheel tappers and knocker uppers? What does one do with them any old how? Leave it with you - oh, keep an eye on Mr K's glass please. There's a good gel. Maybe he'd like a sandwich while you're there?:angelic:
Thank you. I don't know why I always feel guilty when I have a lazy day. I must admit though that it is so lovely to completely relax.

That's exactly what my daughter says about Christmas cards but I am not ready yet to stop sending them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 46223

Thank you for the Popeye compliment @dunelm

A great composition with the English mountains.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SilverK

A favourite singer/songwriter of ours, have you listened to arrangements of some of her Christmas Carols?

We do a similar version to this carol in our folk band, stolen from Laureena...

Thanks for this Muddy! I’d forgotten how much I loved her work. It’s given me some great ideas for my pupils next year too. They’re always doing those “cup” things and we’ve done a few flash mobs. I’ll draft some extra bodies in to the brass ensemble........ plotting, plotting....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate the joys of a full on Sunday roast without sprouts.

This morning a 5.7 and a few minutes ago a straight 4.0, whoops.

Here in Tilehurst Towers Mrs J and me and me's are hiding from the dank and dreary weather, but at least it's another day and the meaningless deadline is drawing closer, what deadline, you may well ask, any you care to choose is the answer.
Pass the jelly babies.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just watching the remake (2016) of Whisky galore. I really feel it is even more important for myself, @dunelm and the Sainted Mr K to continue our work of international importance. @Krystyna23040 I cannot over emphasise how vital it is that you support Mr K in every way possible while he is involved in this vital work. I dare not ask others to risk themselves in such selfless perils with no reward save that of knowing one is serving the greater good.. @Muddy Cyclist I missed the Gold a few times- you?

Last edited:

SilverK

Didn’t know they’d remade it. I love that film! Have you seen “Saving Grace”? It always reminded me of Whisky Galore.
I’m making earrings today. I haven’t done any Craft Fairs this year or any advertising as I thought I could do with a quite time but I’m still up to my ears in commissions!
Here’s some I made earlier..
IMG_1607869699.829903.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg
IMG_2963.jpg
CE95C9E9-C731-413F-BBBB-ED6434145094.jpg
776643FB-56B7-467E-9731-3FB6A3E508FD.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t know they’d remade it. I love that film! Have you seen “Saving Grace”? It always reminded me of Whisky Galore.
I’m making earrings today. I haven’t done any Craft Fairs this year or any advertising as I thought I could do with a quite time but I’m still up to my ears in commissions!
Here’s some I made earlier.. View attachment 46227View attachment 46228View attachment 46229View attachment 46230View attachment 46231
Those are very good. What a brilliant talent you have.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To get back into painting, missed a few days, and a s Christmas Post needs sorting I have been painting Christmas Cards. Have gone for a very simple snow scene as I'm running out of time. A5 to go in precautions Card mounts less than 5 minute on each 12 a hour, they will have to do.:) I will put some shadow on the moon once they are dry.
IMG_4237.JPG