chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hello,
Calibration has been working well, allowing for the lag.
This morning Xdrip has woken me at 0445 with a low, amazing! Well the cat thinks so, he can pester me for breakfast # 1!
Which leads me to 'how do i learn about setting the alarms?'
Alarms for Lows and highs have been sounding but I can't seem to get xdrip to pay any attention to my preferences.
Thanks and Take care.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
Calibration has been working well, allowing for the lag.
This morning Xdrip has woken me at 0445 with a low, amazing! Well the cat thinks so, he can pester me for breakfast # 1!
Which leads me to 'how do i learn about setting the alarms?'
Alarms for Lows and highs have been sounding but I can't seem to get xdrip to pay any attention to my preferences.
Thanks and Take care.

Hi,

Go into XDrip settings, find alarms & alerts. (There should be a bell logo next to it.)
Then go to "glucose level alerts list."
Where it says "create high/low alert" you should get the option to set the level, snooze time & even customise your alarm tone.
Scrolling down there is a test button & below that a save set up button.

Hope this helps.

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Thanks for the advice, all up and running!

JessicaPurdy

Hi I don't have a reply I'm new to the page I have a question too I've has freestyle libre for a fair while but just got libre 2 and I'm having trouble my diabetic nurse when she said I was getting them over the phone said "you use your phone don't You?" Which i said yes too and she said that's good. So got them today and can't find where to set alarms for lows and highs the on on app sort says my phone is no longer comparable so I'm wondering of anyone knows the phone compatibility's for FREESTYLE LIBRE 2. Would be great help I will be calling my nurse tomorrow but was just wondering of anyone knew. TIA

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I don't have a reply I'm new to the page I have a question too I've has freestyle libre for a fair while but just got libre 2 and I'm having trouble my diabetic nurse when she said I was getting them over the phone said "you use your phone don't You?" Which i said yes too and she said that's good. So got them today and can't find where to set alarms for lows and highs the on on app sort says my phone is no longer comparable so I'm wondering of anyone knows the phone compatibility's for FREESTYLE LIBRE 2. Would be great help I will be calling my nurse tomorrow but was just wondering of anyone knew. TIA

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you need a update on the Librelink app on your phone & the OS & phone is a little out of date?
I use Android 6.1 & have got stuck like this too with the L2..

You should still be able to NFC scan your sensor with the existing version of the app on your phone untill you wish to update the device..

JessicaPurdy

Thank you for your reply
So I'll need to change my phone at the moment I've got a Samsung galaxy edge s6. If means the alarms work then I'll have to try get a newer phone as don't get any symptoms for lows any more and often go down extremely low. Thank you again. Just thought since the first libre worked that the new version would too as wasn't told any different

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi all,
So, everything was going fine using libre 1, Miao Miao, xDrip and ticwatch.
I then dropped my phone (Samsung j5) and made it unusable (screen blank etc).
Replaced phone with a Samsung s8.
Set up libre link.
Downloaded xDrip onto new phone (took a long time to set that up!)
So far, so good. Everything working fine.

Cannot get ticwatch to install xDrip! Its paired with phone, Wear os installed on both devices. Follow all on-line guides which state xdrip should be in play store on watch and it isn't there!
Does anyone have any idea how to get the ticwatch to operate? Cheers

empire.line

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello,
I'm a type 1 of 22 years and have recently returned to the care of diabetes team at the hospital.
I'm currently on Humalog and Humulin I.
My confidence in my control has recently taken a knock and I am very close to the wire with an HbA1c of 41.
I am now on the waiting list for a freestyle libre, and will need to change my Android to one that is compatible. And also possible future proof if I decide to go miao miao?

So my question is 'what is the best phone that will give me the least amount of trouble?'
I'm 48 years old and know very little about phones, the one I'm using now is a samsung galaxy j5.
I'm sure this topic has probably been debated before, so any pointers in the right direction or your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi! I'm new-ish around here - returning after 5 year break but wanted to get back into the community! I've just been prescribed Libre2 but Abbott's website has all out of date information for their compatible mobile phones. I'm reading this thread with interest - is anyone purchasing a Samsung phone lately for the purposes of being able to use the Libre app? I'd be very grateful to know what you bought.. Abbott's tech support team just can't help me at all :(
Thanks in advance!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it worked fine with my Samsung a50, even though the model wasn't on any list
Android v 10

Reactions: empire.line

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are other threads on here, if you use the search function you should find them where people have listed phones which are compatible. Has worked with Samsung S5 and S10 for me.

Reactions: empire.line

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
Update with the ticwatch, gave up trying to install xDrip on the watch, I downloaded 'wearable widgets' and it basically sticks the live widget from my home screen of the phone, on to the watch. That will have to do!
20210413_222159.jpg

empire.line

Type of diabetes
Type 1
There are other threads on here, if you use the search function you should find them where people have listed phones which are compatible. Has worked with Samsung S5 and S10 for me.
Hiya, thanks for getting back to me! I'll check those out and give the search a try - I'm just learning how to use the forum... embarrassingly behind the curve with these things! :))
Thank you

Reactions: UK T1

empire.line

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
Update with the ticwatch, gave up trying to install xDrip on the watch, I downloaded 'wearable widgets' and it basically sticks the live widget from my home screen of the phone, on to the watch. That will have to do!View attachment 48872
Hiya, thanks for this update - really interesting! I've got a ticwatch and hoping to use a maiomaio to push (pull?) data to the phone and to the watch. I currently self-fund Dexcom G6 and it does display nicely on the watch, but £160 a month is ridiculous and NHS is prescribing me Libre to try, so I thought I might as well see if I can swap over.... Really hoping that Dexcom reduces its pricing as it's a great product, but way too expensive... Anyway, great news that the ticwatch can do this for you! Brilliant to be able to just glance at those sugars - I know!!
Cheers :0)

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand the MARD (or as I understand it in layman's terms the accuracy compared to a blood glucose device) of the Libre 2 sensor compared the Libre 1 sensor has been improved from (in adults) 11.4% to 9.2%.

I have two questions.

First, if the the accuracy of the Libre 2 sensor has improved that significantly, why are people using Libre 2 sensors still choosing to use third party software to calibrate Libre 2 sensors and send the data to their mobiles of smartwatches?

Secondly, it is rumoured the accuracy of Libre 3 sensors will be identical to the Libre 2 and that it won't be necessary to scan the sensor anymore. Will people still use third party software to calibrate the Libre 3 data and send that data to their mobiles and smartwatches?

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Phone Compatibility Guide....
Spoke to person from Abbott about latest phone compatibility guide and directed to:
www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre
This takes you to libre 2 homepage, halfway down page click on 'discover the app' in orange box.
That will take you to page "you can do it with your phone" scroll down that page to specifications, click on pdf link to 'smartphone compatibility guide'.

Quite why its shrouded in secrecy is a bit of a mystery.

I'm using Samsung S8, with my libre1 which works fine

empire.line

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello!
Many thanks everyone for replying to my post about the phone compatibility.
Sadly the info in the PDF and published on Abbotts website is out of date - the LibreLink app doesn't work with anything less than Android 8. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and its operating system is 7.0, but there's just no option at all to download the app no matter what I search for. I called Abbotts tech support who agreed that the info they have on their website was out of date and the minimum requirement for the app is Android 8....
So, as I can't go higher than Android 7 on my current phone this means I need to buy a new handset, but - as their compatibility info is out of date - I don't know which one to get and they wouldn't advise me.
Anyway, to cut a long story short (too late!), this is why I'm asking on this forum what mobile phone people are using with their Libre2 as I have no guidance from Abbott :banghead: I'm thinking of just getting a new Samsung and taking an expensive gamble that it's going to work... Thanks again for the replies though, I'm really grateful for your time to get back to me about it!!
Fingers X'd!
I'll let you know how it goes :nailbiting:

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
Many thanks everyone for replying to my post about the phone compatibility.
Sadly the info in the PDF and published on Abbotts website is out of date - the LibreLink app doesn't work with anything less than Android 8. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and its operating system is 7.0, but there's just no option at all to download the app no matter what I search for. I called Abbotts tech support who agreed that the info they have on their website was out of date and the minimum requirement for the app is Android 8....
So, as I can't go higher than Android 7 on my current phone this means I need to buy a new handset, but - as their compatibility info is out of date - I don't know which one to get and they wouldn't advise me.
Anyway, to cut a long story short (too late!), this is why I'm asking on this forum what mobile phone people are using with their Libre2 as I have no guidance from Abbott :banghead: I'm thinking of just getting a new Samsung and taking an expensive gamble that it's going to work... Thanks again for the replies though, I'm really grateful for your time to get back to me about it!!
Fingers X'd!
I'll let you know how it goes :nailbiting:
Hi, do you get your sensors on prescription and therefore need to upload to libre view? If not then it may be cheaper to look at other apps like the Diabox or xDrip apps for monitoring rather than having to buy a new handset if you don't want it. Otherwise you could use the reader to scan at least once every 8 hrs so that you can then upload your reader scans to libre view for your clinic to have access to them ahead of an appointment.

empire.line

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Android One UI Core 2.5.
Hi, do you get your sensors on prescription and therefore need to upload to libre view? If not then it may be cheaper to look at other apps like the Diabox or xDrip apps for monitoring rather than having to buy a new handset if you don't want it. Otherwise you could use the reader to scan at least once every 8 hrs so that you can then upload your reader scans to libre view for your clinic to have access to them ahead of an appointment.
Hiya, thanks for that advice - good to know!
I get my Libre on prescription (just started) and want to use a maiomaio to turn it into a CGM so that I can see BG on my phone and smart watch (I have a ticwatch). This will all be as a replacement to Dexcom G6 which I've self funded for years. Now that I'm getting Libre on prescription I'd like to stop paying Dexcom £160 per month, and set up Libre2 + Maiomaio as a replacement. I've looked at another thread on this forum and a couple of people said that they're running Libre2 app with a Samsung A21s so I'm going to order one today... I've got enough Dexcom sensors to last another 3 months so that should give me plenty of time to make this switch. I'll defo let you all know how this goes!! and haha I'm totally justifying the spend on the fact that a) I didn't go on holiday or b) to the hairdressers for at least a year now so have saved a bit there! ;)