What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - cool cat - lovely fresh feeling to your art but those woods are deep so stay in the sparkles.

Todays picture is from another photo - this time the west ridge (Iron way) of the Marmalada in The Dolomites - a great place for walking and climbing and not a bad area to go hurtling round on a motorcyle (nice to do when your body refuses to be dragging a rope up a chunk of rock any more).
Happy Monday everyone, another koffy and then out.

View attachment 46247

Thanks @dunelm
Will do.

Impressive chunks of rocks.
Very effective...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned to request a call back from my GP. The “ask my GP” online service was full by 10am and I feel bad for phoning but the pain and lack of sleep (and possibly the medication) has finally got to me and is making me cry. For the first time in fifteen months. The blood tests last week didn’t show any reason for the pain but I can’t just put it down to “Chronic Pain Syndrome” and let it go. The pain seems to be getting worse, not better.
Not expecting much help from the GP. My surgery doesn’t have a great track record. Even if they order more blood tests, they have to be booked and I think the next available dates are late January. I’m determined to go back to work for the start of the new term but right now I don’t know how I’m going to manage that.
The pain/tiredness/stress is putting my blood sugar up. 8s and 9s instead of 5s and 6s. Still in range but it’s not easy to keep it there when I’m finding it so hard to walk.
It's not easy when your health centre does not performed well. I mention this Purely out of concern, I am not a doctor, blood tests did not help diagnose my fibromyalgia with its pain, aches, fatigue, mind fog, it was a neurologist who eventually got to the bottom of it, similar with Mrs MC when she struggled with Polymyalgia she was lucky enough to have a doctor who recognised the condition. Maybe keep knocking on your doctors door, once you know what is the reason for the pain and fatigue you can start to find ways to manage it. Virtual hugs.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I survived the ladder ordeal.:) However it was forecast less than 5% of rain, I was in the less than 5% area for 2 hours, monsoon season. Still it was a good test of my repairs, no cascade of water, success. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays picture is from another photo - this time the west ridge (Iron way) of the Marmalada in The Dolomites - a great place for walking and climbing and not a bad area to go hurtling round on a motorcyle (nice to do when your body refuses to be dragging a rope up a chunk of rock any more).
Another fine mountain range. :)

On the koffy front, I read there could be a world wide shortage, much more worrying than @alf_Josiah sprout shortage. Don't fancy having to result to Black Adder style coffee in the trenches. :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from the surgery and my doctor said I had the heart of a 20-year-old and wanted to know where I'd gotten it and informed me he'd called the police ;)

Part 2 approaches and I hear her ladyship preparing herself. I think I am very low on crumpets.

I am due to receive a bottle of Glenfarclas 15 from a friend via Amazon. Apparently, it says "age verification required upon delivery". How is Amazon going to prove it's 15-year-old???

I also have a bottle of Talisker Skye arriving but that is a secret ;)

Last edited:

SilverK

It's not easy when your health centre does not performed well. I mention this Purely out of concern, I am not a doctor, blood tests did not help diagnose my fibromyalgia with its pain, aches, fatigue, mind fog, it was a neurologist who eventually got to the bottom of it, similar with Mrs MC when she struggled with Polymyalgia she was lucky enough to have a doctor who recognised the condition. Maybe keep knocking on your doctors door, once you know what is the reason for the pain and fatigue you can start to find ways to manage it. Virtual hugs.

Thanks Muddy. I don’t want to nag them but I really can’t just let this go. It’s too much.
I’m involved with the clinical research team at the hospital and they’ve said that they’ll do any blood tests I need so I don’t need to wait ages. Waiting to see what the GP comes up with next. My Dietician had a bit of a rant about GPs last time we spoke. Said some were reluctant to pass problematic cases up the line, as they should, so there were delays in people getting the help they need. That they’d forgotten what their place in the pattern of care was. - She really was cross with them but she still managed to stay professional. It was an impressive bit of line walking!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Muddy. I don’t want to nag them but I really can’t just let this go. It’s too much.
I’m involved with the clinical research team at the hospital and they’ve said that they’ll do any blood tests I need so I don’t need to wait ages. Waiting to see what the GP comes up with next. My Dietician had a bit of a rant about GPs last time we spoke. Said some were reluctant to pass problematic cases up the line, as they should, so there were delays in people getting the help they need. That they’d forgotten what their place in the pattern of care was. - She really was cross with them but she still managed to stay professional. It was an impressive bit of line walking!
Good to know someone is on the case. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am due to receive a bottle of Glenfarclas 15 from a friend via Amazon. Apparently, it says "age verification required upon delivery". How is Amazon going to prove it's 15-year-old???
Didn't you know Amazon drivers are Connoisseurs and you will be required to pour them a dram for tasting to verify the age of your tipple? :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for all your issues @SilverK and admiration for your eagerness to rejoin the fray. I'm very glad I have retired and am not involved in the mess I perceive secondary schools to have been dumped. Are your SMT/HR as caring as they ought to be in your and other circumstances?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am under pressure. :banghead: My son requested a painting of his three favourite horses he used to jump for Christmas, I painted his dog and thought that enough, Mrs MC is encouraging, nay demanding I do these three horses as well, not in the mood, don't know where to start but I think son will be disappointed with dog painting if no horse paintings to go with it. Also I need to earn points with Mrs MC.

So paint watercolour or oil, Pastel or pencil drawing, how many days left until Christmas? Bah, Humbug!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am under pressure. :banghead: My son requested a painting of his three favourite horses he used to jump for Christmas, I painted his dog and thought that enough, Mrs MC is encouraging, nay demanding I do these three horses as well, not in the mood, don't know where to start but I think son will be disappointed with dog painting if no horse paintings to go with it. Also I need to earn points with Mrs MC.

So paint watercolour or oil, Pastel or pencil drawing, how many days left until Christmas? Bah, Humbug!
Deep sympathy @Muddy Cyclist. I am glad I have no talents. How have you managed to need to get in Mrs MC's good books - or is that NSFW? - no oversharing please L'm a very delicate little bloom.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't you know Amazon drivers are Connoisseurs and you will be required to pour them a dram for tasting to verify the age of your tipple? :)

Then I need to get a job driving for Amazon and save some money :)

A bit more serious, as we were leaving I noted that our road was full of cars. Her ladyship told me that a neighbour (92) had died of covid and this was the wake. There are way more than is legally permitted in a tier 3 zone and not a mask in sight and the wake is going to be rockin' till dawn. Her daughter was so disgusted so has gone to a friends house (so I'm told) and in true West Indies fashion, it will be loud.

If it wasn't for the virus I'd be over there but the new crumpets await :banghead:;)

NB
I got confused halfway through this post because I'm not sure what we refer to ourselves as now. I settled on West Indies until I ask some folk. I used to refer to myself as a half-breed, which I still like, but I'm told by white Caucasians that is now unacceptable along with mixed blood/breed. I'm not sure if POC is still ok and in my head, every human has a colour so they are all POC. My Indian Sikh friend still refers to me as McDao-nald (I had a farm and I'm Scottish-Tibetan) ;)

SilverK

Hug for all your issues @SilverK and admiration for your eagerness to rejoin the fray. I'm very glad I have retired and am not involved in the mess I perceive secondary schools to have been dumped. Are your SMT/HR as caring as they ought to be in your and other circumstances?

Thanks for the hug. I think we all need those at the moment. SM are great and so are my colleagues despite having to race around covering my pupils as well as their own at the moment. Really supportive. Don’t know about HR. They’re not known for being warm and fuzzy but the boss keeps us insulated from all that. I work for the local authority so there are lots of layers of **** that get dealt with by people who get paid more than me.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good luck with that, I hate drawing horses as they are the hardest thing ever. Especially the horns, I never get them right

fg.png

Almost makes me want to see what else gets bleeped out......

We ran that test way back, it's actually quite funny. One of the emojis is banned too. Bottom line fourth from the right. Oh, I got banned for using a swear word that wasn't banned but is now because I used it. My mom is so proud :):angelic:

lindisfel

Expert
Can’t believe I just got censored! It wasn’t even a rude word!

I just assumed it was parc spelt backwards!.:)

I may have told some here I was on an American site years ago that banned party political comment.

One couldn't say Bush, but we got round it by calling him, Shrubbery.:)

We can't on here refer to the human sapien species in Latin or Neanderthals in latin!
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's Advent Poem is Autumn by David Baird. Baird is a well respected academic and Guite's commentary references the debate around the hijacking of a pagan festival - Saturmalia - by early Christians. Clement of Alexandria claimed scholars had pinpointed the birth of Jesus to (25 th day of Eqyptian month of Pachon) May 20th in the 28th year of Augustus. Recently scholars think our autumn may be more accurate. After the pleasure of that the messy and dangerous work of testing Whisky. Today's offering will be this one which I have just found. A year from being given. Hmm - may have to revise my opinion of Julie's offspring now I've done some googling - flabbergasted. My fault for not trusting our boys and/or looking closer earlier.:arghh::arghh:

JIHIM9b-duVHGPsLYptHUDz2kqQZGw4Jfx01unHl4rnz-UMPSDcQwte6lsOm7keR3v_Zvk98iRMOCDqXBbhd6kzQ1rje2qUFg8aMe0xLZdYns3EMm8h78rA0I9DW6mXoIPmhkW7k

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-14_17-22-35.png
    upload_2020-12-14_17-22-35.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: