Liver

Agada

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a liver test this week, doctor said all fine as result was “satisfactory”. Is satisfactory an ok result for a liver test? I’m not sure what that even means, because for blood sugar I know “satisfactory” before was a hba1c of 43 which wasn’t satisfactory to me at that time. I get it’s 2 different tests and 2 different biological responses etc, but I just don’t know if “satisfactory” for liver test is enough?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Had a liver test this week, doctor said all fine as result was “satisfactory”. Is satisfactory an ok result for a liver test? I’m not sure what that even means, because for blood sugar I know “satisfactory” before was a hba1c of 43 which wasn’t satisfactory to me at that time. I get it’s 2 different tests and 2 different biological responses etc, but I just don’t know if “satisfactory” for liver test is enough?

Did you get a printout of your results?
Because, on the page should be the range to have good liver function tests.
Satisfactory is you have probably done better from your last result or from the opinion of who told you. Not bad in other words!
Ok!
Fine!
Don't worry!

And so on!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I once had a test result noted as “ un remarkable “, I was like what the heck is that? Lol, turned out to be normal. The I’d bet satisfactory really means normal

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to ask what was tested and get the numbers and units. Then you can compare to the normal ranges. You probably want to know your GGT and ALT levels. It really bugs me how secretive the NHS can be with test results. I’ve been there at reception as they slowly print out each number one by one. Also I get bugged by the vague language that leaves you none the wiser about the significance of the result

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
You need to ask what was tested and get the numbers and units. Then you can compare to the normal ranges. You probably want to know your GGT and ALT levels. It really bugs me how secretive the NHS can be with test results. I’ve been there at reception as they slowly print out each number one by one. Also I get bugged by the vague language that leaves you none the wiser about the significance of the result

Very true. They never told me anything. Blood pressure, kidney test, cholesterol level... I could not do any research or understanding when they just say pretty good. What that means? Do we have rights to have these print out for records?