Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Reactions: hankjam

Zeddedhed

All day, every day.

Never less than 12 mugs a day.

Normally 1 mug an hour from 06:00 until 21:30

I have been known to get up in the middle of the night for a swift Espresso.

If there was a 12 step program I should probably be on it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have two mugs a day usually round mealtimes - always after eating in the evenings.
There is a little ritual, putting the cream in the mug, adding about 1/3rd the mug of coffee, whipping it to a froth with the Bamix, adding more coffee, and if I am in a hurry, some cold water.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
My first mug is within minutes of waking, before/whilst taking insulin (I’d probably struggle with my arithmetic otherwise!); then two more mugs during the morning. Each is 15g ground coffee.

I’m pretty sure (from Libre) that coffee has no discernible impact on my BG, though I know it does impact others.

Decaff after lunch though.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I start when I get up (between 6-7 am) with black (instant :lock:) coffee - have weaned myself off milk/cream. But carry on with refills up to 6+ by noon. If company around then make proper French press instead. Don't think I'm particularly caffeine sensitive - can cope with the odd espresso in the evening.

Reactions: hankjam

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
between 0500 and 0600 hrs fresh ground beans ina bialetti venus moka pot coffee maker... two brews with cream ..then walk the dog..if ive got time before work ,one more then no more till the following day ..

Reactions: Speedbird