Latest HbA1c test results

davd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Have just received my third HbA1c results.
When diagnosed at beginning of May it was 90 .
Then beginning of September it was 40 .
Yesterday’s results came back as no change 40 again .
Do these results mean I am in remission or is it too soon to hope.
Since being diagnosed I have cut my carb intake massively compared to what I used to consume,
I’ve not gone Keto but between 60 and 80 carbs a day. but for the last couple of months I have been experimenting with food and my carb intake has increased , not massively I still keep below 100 carbs a day but my HbA1c has not increased from September.
Hope I am one of those people who can tolerate a few extra treats as I don’t want give them all up but will do if necessary as it frightened me to death on diagnosis.
On the downside since increased carbs I have put half a stone back on in weight but not cycling at moment due to weather.

Last edited:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too soon, be careful increasing carbs. Well done thus far.

Supergardener

Hi
Have just received my third HbA1c results.
When diagnosed at beginning of May it was 90 .
Then beginning of September it was 40 .
Yesterday’s results came back as no change 40 again .
Do these results mean I am in remission or is it too soon to hope.
Since being diagnosed I have cut my carb intake massively compared to what I used to consume,
I’ve not gone Keto but between 60 and 80 carbs a day. but for the last couple of months I have been experimenting with food and my carb intake has increased , not massively I still keep below 100 carbs a day but my HbA1c has not increased from September.
Hope I am one of those people who can tolerate a few extra treats as I don’t want give them all up but will do if necessary as it frightened me to death on diagnosis.
On the downside since increased carbs I have put half a stone back on in weight but not cycling at moment due to weather.
When I was diagnosed Oct 2019 HbA1c was 103, next one 62 then 44 I cut back hard on carbs, cut out alcohol and drink more water, activity levels unchanged. I was losing too much weight so introduced more carbs blood glucose monitoring twice a day, readings stayed stable, I was on one metformin one linagliptin, recently cut out metformin, readings stable. Now on about 200g carbs a day, no added sugar complex carbs only.

davd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was diagnosed Oct 2019 HbA1c was 103, next one 62 then 44 I cut back hard on carbs, cut out alcohol and drink more water, activity levels unchanged. I was losing too much weight so introduced more carbs blood glucose monitoring twice a day, readings stayed stable, I was on one metformin one linagliptin, recently cut out metformin, readings stable. Now on about 200g carbs a day, no added sugar complex carbs only.
I was on over 200 carbs a day before diagnosis . So I was put on Glimepiride and I cut my carbs to about 50 but my self testing readings were going below 4 so changed to metformin Sr 1000 , now down to 500 a day ( no Glimepiride) .
I also lost well over 2 stone , I’ve put about half a stone back on but not sure if it’s because not much exercise at moment or slight increase in carbs but still only about 80 / 90 a day .
I am happy if I can keep my HbA1c at present levels of 40 but with you and some others being able to consume more carbs than others it seems everyone is different.
What are complex carbs .