What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp and blustery bin day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of proper thick slices of bacon and big bangers than Mrs Miggins snaffled from a farm shop came in at 4.9 this am

No grandchildren today. That’s OK - yesterday’s new games; “I can do zips”, “let’s organise grandmothers handbag” and “pass the purse” were utterly exhausting.
An extra flu clinic is being run on 19th at the GP surgery and Covid-19 vaccinations are due to start week beginning Monday 28th. They will be carefully time slotted and with a one way system thought the building.
Todays picture is on another piece of my sample paper - this time hemp, about 6” by 4” - the texture of the paper is quite rough but visually pleasing - I did wonder if was worth trying to smoke :). Hope everyone has a marvelous Mitwoch. More koffy Jeaves.
View attachment 46289

Your painting is beautiful. I love it @dunelm

I actually think I might have some hemp paper...I bought this bound book of about 100:leaves/sheets in it from a charity shop some time ago...I need to investigate my Tardis...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very O/T. Anyone used Qudini with Waitrose and willing to share the open sesame secret please?

lindisfel

Expert
Don't worry A.A. I will send you an elvan cloak of invisibility.
May it be a long time before you go to the Grey Havens.
Best wishes
Elrond

Today I will be mostly in a hoody and mask. I've been told it's last years 'thugee' but this years 'sweet thang'. I have resprayed the sleigh in camo-grey in the hope the cameras don't see me :oldman::doctor:

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 6.0 greeted me this morning along with the rains as I gird my loins for the gift-giving safari. The up-side is that I will be travelling alone as her ladyship is entertaining her chap before he goes into xmas lockdown with his wife and kids.

@gennepher I lived over the hill from Port Meirion and Port Madoc, my favourite chip shop was there. A lovely rendition.

@Muddy Cyclist perhaps adding a seasonal version of a cornucopia would qualify as a horn? Good idea for a proper card ;)

View attachment 46288
Qualified exuberantly.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I will be mostly in a hoody and mask. I've been told it's last years 'thugee' but this years 'sweet thang'. I have resprayed the sleigh in camo-grey in the hope the cameras don't see me :oldman::doctor:
I went all peculiar at the thought of you in a 'sweaty thong' then I realised it was a 'sweet thang' Must get these glasses changed. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and blustery bin day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of proper thick slices of bacon and big bangers than Mrs Miggins snaffled from a farm shop came in at 4.9 this am

No grandchildren today. That’s OK - yesterday’s new games; “I can do zips”, “let’s organise grandmothers handbag” and “pass the purse” were utterly exhausting.
An extra flu clinic is being run on 19th at the GP surgery and Covid-19 vaccinations are due to start week beginning Monday 28th. They will be carefully time slotted and with a one way system thought the building.
Todays picture is on another piece of my sample paper - this time hemp, about 6” by 4” - the texture of the paper is quite rough but visually pleasing - I did wonder if was worth trying to smoke :). Hope everyone has a marvelous Mitwoch. More koffy Jeaves.
View attachment 46289
I don't think the smoking would have improved your art today, nice scene, good to see blossom out again.

lindisfel

Expert
Had a good meat run to local butcher and because it was wednesday the town was quiet. Local butcher is also the farmer and the beasts are fed on grass in the main.
We do not favour lamb.
So we got beef and chicken. All meat done fresh daily and bagged on visit.
We got 5 lbs stewing steak, 5 lbs beef mince, 1lb thin Cumberland sausage, 12 large chicken breasts and six individual (sinful) steak pies!
At just under £60 I think the local shop is reasonable.
It should keep the two of us going for a couple weeks.
Apology to lord fung.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you travelled to artist valley just up the road? The whisky gang friend we lost lived up there, many a fine time sitting around the fire pit drinking and telling stories. As well as being a physicist he was a great author and poet. Of all the losses in my life, his was the hardest.

We met at a conference in London, he was talking about membrane theory in string theory and I was talking about consciousness in a holographic universe. He was my greatest critic and dearest friend and a perfect example of synchronicity. He never forgot that CNN televised my bit and ignored him claiming that I had friends 'on the inside'. He was such a perfect scouser. :)

No, sadly I have not @Alien Aspie

Oh dear to CNN just televising your bit...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.3 today

having some internet issues, seems to be related to the hub so BT are sending a new one :sorry:
back to posting later, hope everyone is well :)

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your painting is beautiful. I love it @dunelm

I actually think I might have some hemp paper...I bought this bound book of about 100:leaves/sheets in it from a charity shop some time ago...I need to investigate my Tardis...
Thank you @gennepher - good hunting in your Tardis. If the hemp has gone to seed, you could always plant it along the fence and blame the neighbours - it does make for a great screen.

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a good meat run to local butcher and because it was wednesday the town was quiet. Local butcher is also the farmer and the beasts are fed on grass in the main.
We do not favour lamb.
So we got beef and chicken. All meat done fresh daily and bagged on visit.
We got 5 lbs stewing steak, 5 lbs beef mince, 1lb thin Cumberland sausage, 12 large chicken breasts and six individual (sinful) steak pies!
At just under £60 I think the local shop is reasonable.
It should keep the two of us going for a couple weeks.
Apology to lord fung.
D.
No partridge ?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good late morning everyone from another day of fascination (other headwear available) in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers and celeriac “chips” came in at 4.8 this am

Lots to catch up on today - so much going on, not all of it good:
@gennepher - thanks for your kind comments - purple pads working for his keep. Ipastel could do with a cat cancel function - or not! Good acrylic style aqueduct - where did you hide the spotlight? Procreate - draw line and hold - it goes straight - same for arcs and circles.
@Muddy Cyclist - head OK, check. Parquet - smashing, just the thing for a Georgian gentleman - not so much for Melvin Udall in the film As Good as it Gets.
@geefull - glad you liked the backwashing (in the painting) - I really like your Michal Jasiewicz inspired painting - the backlight works so well against the soothing pale and hazy feel to the rest of the painting.
@Alien Aspie - h/r? Enjoy your Cyberpunk.
@lindisfel - Wonderful photos - won’t be visiting for a while until the hordes thin out so very pleased that you posted. Co
Umbrian Brexit farmers now sending Watergate to Mancs. That Mistle Thrush seems to have had advanced training in Robin bully boy tactics.
@RFSMarch - Thank you for sharing and I hope that in some small way that it helps you to vent your feelings. Win for the bloods.

One of my sisters has sent me some poetry, short stories and other stuff packed with words to give feedback on. Should be interesting - I do need to translate it first from American - the individual words may look the same (mostly) but meaning - well! Sad thing is that spelling thing - “school” for instance - why do they get the o’s in the wrong order?

Best go - my daily word count is maxing out already - painting today is a bit of brush practice on lining paper. Wonder if I can get in another koffy?

View attachment 46180
Your food list always makes me go yummy not that I am addicted to food you know :angelic:

lindisfel

Expert
No partridge ?
Hi Dunelm,
Not much into wild game and one seldom sees a covey of Grey Partridge these days.

I remember reading a book on Peter Scott ringing Arctic geese in Canada. They pretty much ate through a number of the birds they could have ringed, still it stopped them having to take pemmican!

If his dad hadn't had concerns about eating huskies he may have lived to see his son become a man.

You see where scruples get one!
Mind you being a man of military background you probably relish a good meal of explorer nosh.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
Not much into wild game and one seldom sees a covey of Grey Partridge these days.

I remember reading a book on Peter Scott ringing Arctic geese in Canada. They pretty much ate through a number of the birds they could have ringed, still it stopped them having to take pemmican!

If his dad hadn't had concerns about eating huskies he may have lived to see his son become a man.

You see where scruples get one!
Mind you being a man of military background you probably relish a good meal of explorer nosh.
D.
Reminds me of the story about just how long it took to get one live giant tortoise from the Galapagos Islands back to England due to them being so delicious.
I avidly search out explorer nosh from those isles labeled “around the world” in local supermarkets and am partial to haggis and the odd bit of road kill.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went all peculiar at the thought of you in a 'sweaty thong' then I realised it was a 'sweet thang' Must get these glasses changed. :)

For a minute there I thought you'd hacked my Google Photo Cloud account :wideyed:

Don't worry A.A. I will send you an elvan cloak of invisibility.
May it be a long time before you go to the Grey Havens.
Best wishes
Elrond

Always a favourite and might help in my mad crush on Galadriel :angelic:

I completed the circuit in record time being on my ownsome. The aunties were chuffed to see me (I am a handsome devil) and I received presents for myself (a first) of the alcoholic wine variety. I will not snub my nose at a gift of free alcohol :)

Just heard from Jenn, she should have been going up to NY state to her parents for Xmas with her friend, I'll let her words speak for themself...

"There is a rigid NY state protocol we were going to follow:

COVID testing here with proof of negative test to cross the NY border. Staying at a "quarantine" location (** still-unsold house) for four days with only family contact being outdoors with full PPE and physically distanced, or through windows. Second COVID test in NY four days after arrival. Then free to stay at parents' house without restrictions upon receipt of negative results. We were going to go up for two weeks.

Fauci himself approved NY's travel/visitation protocol.

The problems were the ridiculous cost of a 2-week car rental at Christmastime and not having wifi for the four days at ** old house (because of ** job).
"

I know Jenn is seriously frazzled stuck in DC and being close to the White House they have to put up with all the nonsense from the remaining Trumpanzees who blatantly ignore any Covid rules and cross state lines willy-nilly. Poor Jenn is in meltdown and there's nothing I can really do from here. Their own car was totalled by a drunk driver who (it turns out) works for the insurance company so they got no money as the company placed the blame on her even though she wasn't in the car.

lindisfel

Expert
Local Covid 19,
Allerdale Cumbria has a rate of 61.4 per 100,000 but since its got a low population of less than 100,000 it might not be that remarkable.
Copeland down!, of Sellerfield fame, is c.30 while Carlisle is over a 100.

Still only rumours when vaccine will be rolled out up here but vaccination taking place 30 miles away in Whitehaven re Copeland.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
take care in Narrich Look East reported concerns about spikes in cases there - easy to believe in mutations, very NFN
Very interesting that virtually everyone is now wearing a mask in Norwich City Centre. I went armed with Dettol wipes and hand sanitiser and my new Boots Dual Action nasal spray. When I got home my clothes went straight in the wash basket - which might have been a bit 'over the top' but it did make me feel safer.

Reactions: jjraak