What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a minute there I thought you'd hacked my Google Photo Cloud account :wideyed:

Always a favourite and might help in my mad crush on Galadriel :angelic:

I completed the circuit in record time being on my ownsome. The aunties were chuffed to see me (I am a handsome devil) and I received presents for myself (a first) of the alcoholic wine variety. I will not snub my nose at a gift of free alcohol :)

Just heard from Jenn, she should have been going up to NY state to her parents for Xmas with her friend, I'll let her words speak for themself...

"There is a rigid NY state protocol we were going to follow:

COVID testing here with proof of negative test to cross the NY border. Staying at a "quarantine" location (** still-unsold house) for four days with only family contact being outdoors with full PPE and physically distanced, or through windows. Second COVID test in NY four days after arrival. Then free to stay at parents' house without restrictions upon receipt of negative results. We were going to go up for two weeks.

Fauci himself approved NY's travel/visitation protocol.

The problems were the ridiculous cost of a 2-week car rental at Christmastime and not having wifi for the four days at ** old house (because of ** job).
"

I know Jenn is seriously frazzled stuck in DC and being close to the White House they have to put up with all the nonsense from the remaining Trumpanzees who blatantly ignore any Covid rules and cross state lines willy-nilly. Poor Jenn is in meltdown and there's nothing I can really do from here. Their own car was totalled by a drunk driver who (it turns out) works for the insurance company so they got no money as the company placed the blame on her even though she wasn't in the car.
A hug, but funny for your Google photo cloud. Not that the pictures there are funny as you are such an handsome chap
:).

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A week ago I posted a sketch of time for my Grandaughters illustrated story I'm trying to get finished before Christmas. Anyway here is the first time we meet time, being older than time itself he's tired and stopped, causing chaos.....so this is my art for today, I have painted 6 pages this afternoon this is page 4, A5 size watercolour.......
IMG_4257.JPG

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45am FBG 5.2
Feed the cat early dinner, he gets hungry earlier in the morning.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A week ago I posted a sketch of time for my Grandaughters illustrated story I'm trying to get finished before Christmas. Anyway here is the first time we meet time, being older than time itself he's tired and stopped, causing chaos.....so this is my art for today, I have painted 6 pages this afternoon this is page 4, A5 size watercolour.......
View attachment 46292
Absolutely wonderful - this a great thing to be doing and am sure that your granddaughters will love it - wonder who will be the keeper of the finished article?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely wonderful - this a great thing to be doing and am sure that your granddaughters will love it - wonder who will be the keeper of the finished article?
Thank you. My daughter is a hoarder and keeper of anything to do with family, as am I, so with a little bit of luck that trait will pass onto granddaughter and who knows in years to come this may be found in someone's loft. I will be doing a PDF version for myself. :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For a minute there I thought you'd hacked my Google Photo Cloud account :wideyed:

Always a favourite and might help in my mad crush on Galadriel :angelic:

I completed the circuit in record time being on my ownsome. The aunties were chuffed to see me (I am a handsome devil) and I received presents for myself (a first) of the alcoholic wine variety. I will not snub my nose at a gift of free alcohol :)

Just heard from Jenn, she should have been going up to NY state to her parents for Xmas with her friend, I'll let her words speak for themself...

"There is a rigid NY state protocol we were going to follow:

COVID testing here with proof of negative test to cross the NY border. Staying at a "quarantine" location (** still-unsold house) for four days with only family contact being outdoors with full PPE and physically distanced, or through windows. Second COVID test in NY four days after arrival. Then free to stay at parents' house without restrictions upon receipt of negative results. We were going to go up for two weeks.

Fauci himself approved NY's travel/visitation protocol.

The problems were the ridiculous cost of a 2-week car rental at Christmastime and not having wifi for the four days at ** old house (because of ** job).
"

I know Jenn is seriously frazzled stuck in DC and being close to the White House they have to put up with all the nonsense from the remaining Trumpanzees who blatantly ignore any Covid rules and cross state lines willy-nilly. Poor Jenn is in meltdown and there's nothing I can really do from here. Their own car was totalled by a drunk driver who (it turns out) works for the insurance company so they got no money as the company placed the blame on her even though she wasn't in the car.
The funny emoji is for the first part re your message re google cloud

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The funny emoji is for the first part re your message re google cloud

Cheers for that.

I did notice that I got hugs for that post which surprised me, but then they always surprise me ;) I don't really do things that need hugs although I'm beginning to like them a bit.

Maybe I hould have posted my reply and hers following the initial bit because it would have made aspie conversations more 'unhuggable' :)

This was my response...

"Well, compared to you I'm ****ing awesome and possibly immortal.

Can't you go on your own? Perhaps giving ** a break but then I can see it's a bad idea as I type it.

I have no answers and you know that, my way of dealing with things won't work for you and yes, it does make me feel a bit helpless in it all.

I'm always free to chat, ain't **** going down here girl so just call me when you want to.

Maybe you should go join Parler and let some steam off at those trumpanzees, or go back to AC and **** them up or both!

Maybe you need a target for your spleen?
"

Can you see why I don't need a hug? :):angelic:;):bag:

Her reply went...

"Maybe we should start a drama doc based in DC? You don't have to have answers, my lovely. You don't have to do anything but listen, and you do that well. We Aspies are doers--problem solvers--but it isn't failure if we don't have solutions for things like this for people we care about."

And then we talked about shooting people... in a GAME!!!

Her parting shot, so to speak, clinched the no hugs debate...

"I would just like to be happy and balanced in myself because I deserve it. Unlike you who deserves to be hung upside down and flogged before being thrown into a pit of fire ants after being covered in treacle. That might have been our cosplay, can't remember."

I rest my case :)

***NOT HUG WORTHY***

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In before the football. Today's Advent poem is Advent Good Wishes by David Grieve . I'm guessing many of you will spot that it is based on a passage from the bible - Isaiah 11 6-9 but given a here and now twist. I'm not pushing an overtly Christian line here. I've spent the day with our youngest granddaughter who, being only 19 months old, still needs lots of care, cuddles and basic needs satisfying. Sentimental, dreamer, whatever. I'm unapologetic. I know nature is red in tooth and claw and for most of history life's a ***** and then you die was only too true. Still is for many. I'm not naive. That passage and this poem hold the promise of a world I desperately wish for for her and her cousins. One which our current national leader seems hell bent on deriding, determined to foster division, hatred of "the other" and rancour wherever he can. I prefer the message of hope in that poem and Isaiah. Now, whisky, football and the great O Antiphons start tomorrow. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unlike you who deserves to be hung upside down and flogged before being thrown into a pit of fire ants after being covered in treacle. "
Fascinating contrast with tonight's poem but in a very strange way so romantic. You guys are loved up in a way us normies can't access. Nice little insight for me so thanks.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fascinating contrast with tonight's poem but in a very strange way very romantic. You guys are loved up in a way us normies can't access. Nice little insight for me so thanks.

Thanks but no hugging :););)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers for that.

I did notice that I got hugs for that post which surprised me, but then they always surprise me ;) I don't really do things that need hugs although I'm beginning to like them a bit.

Maybe I hould have posted my reply and hers following the initial bit because it would have made aspie conversations more 'unhuggable' :)

This was my response...

Can't you go on your own? Perhaps giving ** a break but then I can see it's a bad idea as I type it.

I have no answers and you know that, my way of dealing with things won't work for you and yes, it does make me feel a bit helpless in it all.

I'm always free to chat, ain't **** going down here girl so just call me when you want to.

Maybe you should go join Parler and let some steam off at those trumpanzees, or go back to AC and **** them up or both!

"

Her reply went...

"Maybe we should start a drama doc based in DC? You don't have to have answers, my lovely. You don't have to do anything but listen, and you do that well. We Aspies are doers--problem solvers--but it isn't failure if we don't have solutions for things like this for people we care about."

"I would just like to be happy and balanced in myself because I deserve it. Unlike you who deserves to be hung upside down and flogged before being thrown into a pit of fire ants after being covered in treacle. That might have been our cosplay, can't remember."

***NOT HUG WORTHY***
Couldn't resist that hug. :joyful:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In before the football. Today's Advent poem is Advent Good Wishes by David Grieve . I'm guessing many of you will spot that it is based on a passage from the bible - Isaiah 11 6-9 but given a here and now twist. I'm not pushing an overtly Christian line here. I've spent the day with our youngest granddaughter who, being only 19 months old, still needs lots of care, cuddles and basic needs satisfying. Sentimental, dreamer, whatever. I'm unapologetic. I know nature is red in tooth and claw, I'm not naive. That passage and this poem hold the promise of a world I desperately wish for for her and her cousins. One which our current national leader seems hell bent on deriding, determined to foster division, hatred of "the other" and rancour wherever he can. I prefer the message of hope in that poem and Isaiah. Now, whisky, football and the great O Antiphons start tomorrow. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
Thank you for sharing the link to the poem, I fear a long way to go before that idyllic world is seen, yet who knows?

I have given up on reading Thomas Hardy I had forgotten how depressing he can become. Moved on to Hermann Hesse, short stories to start with, still wonderfully descriptive but with less depression. Whisky for tonight, hmm not yet sure. Enjoy yours and the football, not my scene, prefer Rugby, Cricket and Hockey, I know, but I went to a comprehensive and art college, honest. :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for sharing the link to the poem, I fear a long way to go before that idyllic world is seen, yet who knows?

I have given up on reading Thomas Hardy I had forgotten how depressing he can become. Moved on to Herman Hess, short stories to start with, still wonderfully descriptive but with less depression. Whisky for tonight, hmm not yet sure. Enjoy yours and the football, not my scene, prefer Rugby, Cricket and Hockey, I know, but I went to a comprehensive and art college, honest. :)
Cricket is my first love and I'm a big rugby fan but my username gives a clue to my level of investment in games like tonight's. Have you read Under the Greenwood tree?

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cricket is my first love and I'm a big rugby fan but mu username gives a clue to my level of investment in games like tonight's. Have you read Under the Greenwood tree?
Yes I have, joyful and also close to my heart singing in a West Gallery Quire as that Georgian Gent. I also enjoy Hardy's poetry, I will go back to him after Christmas. Missing singing all those old Carols with the West Gallery Quire.

lindisfel

Expert
You guys imbibing strong waters and former talk of travellers, reminds me of the coastal community who found a barrel of rum washed up on the beach.

It gave the men folk an enjoyable few days of warm insides and good crack, (as they say up here) until it was finished.

Someone decided the barrel would further warm his family if he chopped it up for fire wood!
To their surprise they found a pickled dead sea captain had been embalmed in alcohol inside. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45 am FBG 5.9
Dark. Rain hammering down, fed cat, had small chunk of cheese and back to bed. Slept nearly two hours more.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 46292
Wonderful @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers for that.

This was my response...

"

Her reply went...

***NOT HUG WORTHY***

Amazing to read @Alien Aspie
I love it.
Brought a big smile to my face this morning!

(It borders on the conversations I have with myself in the privacy of my bungalow early morning as I wake up. Do my daily painting. Yes those conversations continue as I paint...and then I return to my normal after I have done my daily painting....I am conversationed out until the next time...at least I don't do my muttering while early morning shopping...but wearing the Sunflower Kid Protection face stuff helps...)